Diablo 4

Relic

41 minutes ago, JGP said:

Holy  :stunned:

TIV?

Yeah it's a pair of level 70 gloves. The downside, I think, is that all the other affixes are Lucky Hit: chance to do some effect. So you might need to do a lucky hit build to make it worthwile? Into the chest it goes for now, with most of my other uniques. I do like the boots that leave a trail of ice.

I got my critical hit rate up to 33% which I think is good? I mostly use the basic skill bone splinters, and the core skill bone spear which I have 9 skill points in. Since one of my uniques buffes bone spear it's really good. I also have points in Bone Spirit, which im starting to think is a waste, because it uses all remaing essence. Leaving me unable to use bone spear. I don't really know what I'd replace it with though. 

38 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah it's a pair of level 70 gloves. The downside, I think, is that all the other affixes are Lucky Hit: chance to do some effect. So you might need to do a lucky hit build to make it worthwile?

Depends what you're giving up, but man, that's a lot of potential deeps. Did you try them? Imagine how many internal rolls that affix would have to do for you and all your skellies, or me, all my Bleeds, Thorns and sheesh. whew.

53 minutes ago, JGP said:

Depends what you're giving up, but man, that's a lot of potential deeps. Did you try them? Imagine how many internal rolls that affix would have to do for you and all your skellies, or me, all my Bleeds, Thorns and sheesh. whew.

Ok yeah it is pretty crazy. Though it's also funny seeing a critical hit for 250hp. I was hesitant to switch because my +4 bone spear was on my old glove. Along with some of my +critical hit, but I'm not sure it makes sense to keep going for crit if I'm gonna build around these gloves. I need someone who knows math!

@JGP can you trade legendaries and uniques? They all seem to say account bound, but also when you go to modify them the game warns you this till bind them to your account.

If we can trade I have something that might interest you if you like thorns! I linked it to you in game.

Edit: aw. look like we can't trade.  It's a shirt that gives +8,903 thorns. 

Edited by RumHam

Coolio, Rum, I'll check it when I get back on.

These Thorns and Bleeds and the occasionally massive Bleed dumps on Stun [sometimes multiple targets if they're stacked] Anything that builds off this I'm 210 percent down. Might have to rotate in a more defensive Paragon board next though I think. Got another enchantment or two to maximize the gear that I got [61 to 64] and don't want to go into TIV resource poor in case I get a nice drop. 

Blizzard's been pretty emphatic about no pay to win so that'd nix any AH. Pay for cosmetics np, though. Insofar as trading I haven't gotten the bind-warning you're talking about, that's weird. For down the road, maybe? Could see a mix of that then trading within your group like DIII. 

Edited by JGP

53 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

What happens if you have too many aspects? I saved a bunch of skills from items I should have just broken at the blacksmith and my inventory is getting pretty full. 

You can put them in your inventory, Ty. Buy another tab if you don't got room.

There are some neat options I didn't know about. Advance tool tip and advanced compare seem nice. Now I can see the range skills can roll on an item, and when comparing there's a handy list of all the things I'm giving up by taking the new item. I also set it so item drops only make the sound when they're legendary or better. 

I'm going broke again, need to start selling things. Too much enchanting to get things juuust right. But now I've got +10k thorns, with 17% of that on my skeletal mages and 7% on my warriors. Plus a legendary bonus that gives a 24% chance that the thorns hit every enemy "around me" whatever that means. Plus the random gloves. I think it's helping but I might swap that out down the line. 

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Plus a legendary bonus that gives a 24% chance that the thorns hit every enemy "around me" whatever that means.

Your Thorns become passive AOE dmg to anyone near you if procced. Mine is an 80% chance [40% on the roll, 2H x 2] but I'd give my left nut for that much Thorns. 

Edited by JGP

So I beat the main story which was easier than expected. Is everything afterwards just farming or is there more to unlock? The tree giving a lot of legendries is pretty sweet and I got my first unique. Thought it was suppose to go the other way, but hey, my toon can ball now in level 3.

I’m a level 50 and just ran into The Butcher for the first time. I started running away and we luckily got separated by the barriers that come up in certain trap rooms. I escaped with my life as he was nowhere in sight after I cleared the room. 

Trying to just beat Act 3 now so I can get a damn horse finally.

The Butcher gave me some great content last night. My druid is rather mediocre due to repeated awful luck with drops, but he's got flashes of good dps and good survivability if I play smartly. So I was cruising through a T3 dungeon as I finish out my rep grind and went chasing after a Treasure Goblin. The weakness of the build is no movement skill, so I was doing my best to Dodge past stuff as the goblin was faster than I. Anyway about 2 screens in I run face first into the Butcher.

Gleefully burned down the goblin as the big guy chased me, then kited him through big packs that easily return my spirit. He eventually wore out all my other targets and I went bonkers and face-tanked him the last quarter burn. Honestly I'm pretty un-thrilled by the game in general and it was the best moment of my playthrough.

I'm probably going to retire the Druid and do the campaign once more with another char. Then I'll put D4 on the shelf until Season 1 (which'll hopefully be more compelling than the current product).

I'm suffering from two things... 1) My usual lack of dedicated gaming time and 2) My somewhat usual ADHD when choosing which character to play.

So I have three characters all in their early 30s and none of them advanced beyond Act 1.  :lol: 

Even with the switching, I'd be so much better off if I could ignore the blue quest markers that I have already done on another character, but I just can't seem to do that... so I wind up going back into aspect dungeons I've already completed.  "What's that you say?  I've already completed the blue quest in the dungeon I completed and have the reward already from another character... well damn it, I'm going to finish out anyways." :lol: 

Gotta say, I'm never really one to play a mage in any game... but my sorceress is a legit badass.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with this crackling energy mechanic, but she can clear a room in no time flat.

So is the lag going to get better over time as they improve the servers or is it just something I have to get used to? It's resulted in me dying a couple of times.

Was testing some adjustments to the build [lvl 70 now] and I got a Unique Ancestral 2H Axe that modifies and is +6 to Steel Grasp. Decisions. Might test later.

Edited by JGP

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

I'm suffering from two things... 1) My usual lack of dedicated gaming time and 2) My somewhat usual ADHD when choosing which character to play.

So I have three characters all in their early 30s and none of them advanced beyond Act 1.  :lol: 

Even with the switching, I'd be so much better off if I could ignore the blue quest markers that I have already done on another character, but I just can't seem to do that... so I wind up going back into aspect dungeons I've already completed.  "What's that you say?  I've already completed the blue quest in the dungeon I completed and have the reward already from another character... well damn it, I'm going to finish out anyways." :lol: 

Gotta say, I'm never really one to play a mage in any game... but my sorceress is a legit badass.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with this crackling energy mechanic, but she can clear a room in no time flat.

What kind of build are / were you running?

I'm level 53 druid in tier III and ran into the Butcher for the first time (since betas) last night. Fortunately, his AI seemed to get wonky when I played ring around the rosie with him and a pillar. He got stuck on one side and I slow played him. Took forever but was simple enough.

I've been running heavy with lightning / storm skills and procs of vulnerable. Still seems to work pretty well and my survivability is easy with barriers and fortify. I haven't bothered to specialize other than using the better legendary drops and upgrading all items to level 3. I still have every legendary in my loot chest and probably need to salvage and rip to specialize but I still do ok and just haven't bothered. I'm admittedly getting close to the point of wondering if I should switch it up, though.

Edited by Ser Not Appearing