Football: The summer of selling (out)

polishgenius

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Only seem the highlights, but James was pretty impressive today against China. 

I think China were very much set up to try and frustrate England and once they conceded early they fell apart a bit. The change in formation to 3 at the back worked surprisingly well though and get the ball to James as much as possible doesn't seem to be a bad tactic.

19 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Is this ticking clock putting pressure on Levy or on Bayern?

Levy been told to sell instead of losing him on a free, and Bayern really want him.

I'd guess that it added pressure on Levy, but who knows :dunno:

The article does say that Kane would be prepared to negotiate an extension if Spurs show significant improvement on the pitch. Big if though. Still think Bayern will get it done.

Probably. Maybe the unexpected fee generated by Mane makes them a bit more generous than I would've expected of them. The 95m is already beyond what I think they'd be willing to fork over. :dunno:

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

I see Melissa Reddy has reported that Liverpool's latest offer of £41m for Lavia has been rejected. Also reporting that Liverpool are now considering alternatives and have made contact with Fluminense over the possibility of signing Andre.

Yep, and Marta will finish her incredible career uncrowned.

The play-off tree looks kinda lopsided going into the k.o. stages.

With the Netherlands, Spain, US, Japan and Sweden on one side.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

45 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Yep, and Marta will finish her incredible career uncrowned.

The play-off tree looks kinda lopsided going into the k.o. stages.

With the Netherlands, Spain, US, Japan and Sweden on one side.

It's difficult not to start looking towards the semi finals for England, really should be ok with who is on their draw (unless Colombia blow it against Morocco). 

Jesus out for a few weeks is not good. Seems like at least a month.

Balagoun not getting any minutes at all means he is defo getting sold.

We haven't looked particularly great & with the injuries and new players we might not have a good of a start to the season as we did last season. Not ideal

Edited by Raja

21 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's difficult not to start looking towards the semi finals for England, really should be ok with who is on their draw (unless Colombia blow it against Morocco). 

Or Germany against South Korea ;)

6 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Or Germany against South Korea ;)

yeah, the 2 sides of the draw are so lopsided now.  I didn't watch most of it, how the fuck is it 90+16?

Scenes at the Morocco game when they found out the German result. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

26 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ok, which exit was the bigger surprise. Brazil or Germany? Neither team was a clear favorite, but had to be considered among the runners in the competition.

I'm going to say Germany by a tiny margin because they came in ranked 2nd after the US (sure FIFA rankings mean little) and they started the competition well and then messed it up.