Star Trek: I miss Hemmer (spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

On 1/18/2024 at 6:24 AM, Denvek said:

Enterprise got good in seasons 3 and 4 - from about midway in season 4 (the episode where the Earth embassy on Vulcan gets blown up) to the penultimate episode Terra Prime there's only really one bad episode. Although that episode is really bad.

We don't talk about that one episode! Or Threshold! :)

6 minutes ago, Denvek said:

Bound - the one with the Orion slave girls and their super-mind-control pheromones

Had forgotten that one!

There’s also a dodgy transporter episode from what i recall

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

These Are the Voyages...

Why are you mentioning a TNG episode? This is Enterprise we are talking about.

3 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Had forgotten that one!

There’s also a dodgy transporter episode from what i recall

I didn't think the transporter episode was bad per se, but it was sort of... standard. Actually, aside from "Home" which is quite good, the stand-alone episodes in Season 4 are easily the worst episodes of the season, imo. I don't think that's controversial, but it does need to be said.

5 hours ago, Durckad said:

Why are you mentioning a TNG episode? This is Enterprise we are talking about.

'Cause that's the last episode of Enterprise. Which we don't talk about, which crosses over with TNG and is absolutely dreadful.

5 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

'Cause that's the last episode of Enterprise. Which we don't talk about, which crosses over with TNG and is absolutely dreadful.

Nope, nope, pretty sure the last episode is Terra Prime. No idea what you're talking about here.

45 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Nope, nope, pretty sure the last episode is Terra Prime. No idea what you're talking about here.

I'm fairly certain you're correct, and that Enterprise ends with a banger of a closer with a terrific speech by Archer. Must have had a fever dream or something.

• 1 month later...

https://collider.com/star-trek-starfleet-academy-filming-window-episode-count/

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy probably debuting next year, 10 episodes.  Tawny Newsome of Lower Decks is in the writing room, and Kurtzman said some of the flavour of that show has migrated into it.

Edited by SpaceChampion

So I binged Prodigy this week, and it’s really good. Better story arc than any of Picard’s three seasons, some great performances (especially John Noble) and a finale which didn’t feel like they were cheating or pulling a resolution out of thin air. I struggle to understand why it got cancelled.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:08 PM, IlyaP said:

We don't talk about that one episode! Or Threshold! :)

It also includes Janeway making a reference to being a salamander.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason NATO played the theme from Star Trek: First Contact at Sweden's induction ceremony.

https://trekmovie.com/2024/03/30/nato-explains-why-the-theme-for-star-trek-first-contact-was-played-at-swedens-induction-ceremony/

Maybe the Borg are Swedish.

Edited by SpaceChampion

I guess no one is watching the final season of Discovery? I hadn't realized that it started already with 2 episodes. I watched the first. So they decided to at least wrap the galaxy-ending McGuffin in a treasure hunt adventure this time around. It might be fun. And they tied it to a plot from TNG

Spoiler

the Progenitors. Even got a Picard cameo. 

I watched both episodes. Lots of farewells and partings being foreshadowed, which makes sense, I guess. 

Doesn't exactly look like this is gonna be a "galaxy-ending" McGuffin. But it might give the Federation a reason to reclaim its strength and expand, if all humanoid species came from the same source. Why they chose to portray this as a threat is beyond me. 

Like, even if you found the Progenitor's tech, its not like it necessarily needs to have a backdoor that can wipe out all humanoid life. Especially since its unlikely the Progenitors could have foreseen all the ways humanoid life would evolve, let alone the political interactions between those life forms. 

9 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Season 5 will be the last for “Star Trek: Lower Decks”.  I’m not happy…

https://tvline.com/news/star-trek-lower-decks-ending-final-season-5-release-date-1235199957/

And for some reason they want to make an "origin" movie set in the Kelvin Timeline...ignoring the fact that the timeline diverges at the time of Kirk's birth, not back when the Federation was founded. But they'll leave the Legacy show idea sitting in limbo...

Truly Paramount needs me to run their Trek arm...