-- Dunk:  71-46
4) Whiskeyjack:  67-50
5) POTN:  65-52
6) Jaime:  64-53
7) Brian:  55-62
8) JJ Lannister:  47-70
9) Jaxom:  34-83
10) Tywin:  28-89

Tywin and Jaxom are both officially out.

JJ will be the 3rd team eliminated unless he gets a miracle - he needs to beat Brian by 8 wins in the power rankings in the final week to tie, or needs the perfect 9-0 result with an 0-9 week for Brian to survive without going to a tiebreaker.  If it does come into play, the tiebreaker is total points scored, and its currently close with JJ ahead by 3.6 points.

The other possibility is that Brian sneaks into the playoffs over POTN.  If that happens, then POTN survives in 7th and JJ would be relegated.  But that scenario is a longshot - would require Brian to win, POTN to lose, and Brian to outscore POTN by 71.95 points.

Aside from POTN vs Brian for 6th place, the playoffs are mostly set other than seeding.  The only other important competition is for the 2nd place bye, which is similar to the battle for 6th place.  Dunk is the heavy favorite to keep it.  For him to drop out of 2nd, would require him to lose, Mudguard to win, and Mudguard to outscore him by 72.49 points. 

9 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Power Rankings after Week 13

1) Race:  83-34
2) Mudguard:  71-46
-- Dunk:  71-46
4) Whiskeyjack:  67-50
5) POTN:  65-52
6) Jaime:  64-53
7) Brian:  55-62
8) JJ Lannister:  47-70
9) Jaxom:  34-83
10) Tywin:  28-89

Tywin and Jaxom are both officially out.

JJ will be the 3rd team eliminated unless he gets a miracle - he needs to beat Brian by 8 wins in the power rankings in the final week to tie, or needs the perfect 9-0 result with an 0-9 week for Brian to survive without going to a tiebreaker.  If it does come into play, the tiebreaker is total points scored, and its currently close with JJ ahead by 3.6 points.

The other possibility is that Brian sneaks into the playoffs over POTN.  If that happens, then POTN survives in 7th and JJ would be relegated.  But that scenario is a longshot - would require Brian to win, POTN to lose, and Brian to outscore POTN by 71.95 points.

Aside from POTN vs Brian for 6th place, the playoffs are mostly set other than seeding.  The only other important competition is for the 2nd place bye, which is similar to the battle for 6th place.  Dunk is the heavy favorite to keep it.  For him to drop out of 2nd, would require him to lose, Mudguard to win, and Mudguard to outscore him by 72.49 points. 

What a crap season in this league. It makes it worse that I'm in first in all the other Westeros leagues I'm in. At least I put up the highest point total of the season last week. 

Power Rankings after Week 14

1) Race:  85-41
2) Dunk:  74-52
3) Mudguard:  72-54
4) Whiskeyjack:  71-55
-- Jaime:  71-55
6) POTN:  65-61
7) Brian:  64-62
8) JJ Lannister:  55-71
9) Jaxom:  39-87
10) Tywin:  34-92

So....this happened.  Brian had the best score of anybody in the league, POTN had the worst, and Brian ended up outscoring him by 83.44 points this week.  Puts Brian ahead by 11.5 points for the season and into the playoffs.  Meanwhile, POTN finishes in 7th place, and has the best power ranking record of the non-playoff teams, so he still survives until next year.

The eliminated teams end up being JJ Lannister, Jaxom, and Tywin.  Sorry guys.

And here's the playoff bracket:

Race (1) - bye
Dunk (2) - bye
Jaime (3) vs Brian (6)
Mudguard (4) vs Whiskeyjack (5)

Edited by Whiskeyjack

At least that fucker Jaxom dies with me. 

Damn did I have some horrible luck this year, both because a ton of key players got hurt and some things in my personal life made it hard to be as active as I would have otherwise been. I'd say there's always next year, but with my Dynasty team getting nuked probably not. 

39 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Maybe I'm eliminated with Tywin, but he'll have to live with the fact that I still finished ahead of him. And that's with me not paying proper attention the whole season. Sorry, bro.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:01 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

I just didn't have the energy for fantasy this year. And baseball held me well into October diverting my attention more. I regret nothing. Been eliminated before but always seem to return...

This is me the past two years as well.   My drafts have been even worse than usual because of it and I can't recover.

Go Padres!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Congrats to Jaime on taking the championship this season!

Guessing Race didn't see that Mostert was out?  Lost by 4, and putting either Gus Edwards or Roschon Johnson in for Mostert would have given him the win.

For next year - JJ won back his spot by taking Westeros C.  Also grozeng earned a place with wins in Westeros A, Dynasy, and Keeper. 

For the 3rd spot, its a bit of a question mark.  I won Westeros B, so no help there.  Think our options are:

1) Ask Jace if she wants to rejoin the league, since she is on the board again.  She was out last year because of issues with Yahoo - her 2022 season was actually really good and she won the league that year, but she just couldn't get her account to work.  So maybe thats patched up now?

2) Have Jaxom retain his spot, and let the only change be replacing Tywin (who was last in the power rankings) with groz.

3) Invite somebody who finished in 2nd place in one of the leagues.  Looks like that would be either Blu-Ray from W-A or Ace from W-C.  Would probably give it to whichever one responded first.

@Jaime L @RaceBannon42 @Prince of the North @Dunknegg @briantw @Mudguard @grozeng @JJ Lannister

Edited by Whiskeyjack

On 1/5/2024 at 4:53 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

Congrats to Jaime on taking the championship this season!

Guessing Race didn't see that Mostert was out?  Lost by 4, and putting either Gus Edwards or Roschon Johnson in for Mostert would have given him the win.

For next year - JJ won back his spot by taking Westeros C.  Also grozeng earned a place with wins in Westeros A, Dynasy, and Keeper. 

For the 3rd spot, its a bit of a question mark.  I won Westeros B, so no help there.  Think our options are:

1) Ask Jace if she wants to rejoin the league, since she is on the board again.  She was out last year because of issues with Yahoo - her 2022 season was actually really good and she won the league that year, but she just couldn't get her account to work.  So maybe thats patched up now?

2) Have Jaxom retain his spot, and let the only change be replacing Tywin (who was last in the power rankings) with groz.

3) Invite somebody who finished in 2nd place in one of the leagues.  Looks like that would be either Blu-Ray from W-A or Ace from W-C.  Would probably give it to whichever one responded first.

@Jaime L @RaceBannon42 @Prince of the North @Dunknegg @briantw @Mudguard @grozeng @JJ Lannister

Thanks man! Was a very satisfying season as went from a thoroughly mediocre team in the first half of the year to a pretty good, consistent one the rest of the way. Somehow won 11 of the final 12 weeks and still not entirely sure how. Just a bunch of small incremental moves that paid off along with my drafted guys finding their form. Also fitting to score 141.66 points in the finals in lieu of this: 

On 10/24/2023 at 2:25 PM, Dunknegg said:

Miscellaneous data to pass the time:
Average score = 141.47
Race has exceeded this score every week so far while Jaime has eclipsed it only once.

Just goes to show Cobra Kai is very goal oriented.

Anyway in terms of who gets the 2nd open spot, I'd be in favor of giving it back to Jace, as long as she can login, as she was never Jaxomed. 

On 1/7/2024 at 9:33 PM, Jaime L said:

Anyway in terms of who gets the 2nd open spot, I'd be in favor of giving it back to Jace, as long as she can login, as she was never Jaxomed. 

I concur.