Fantasy Football Experts League 2023

Whiskeyjack

I only have close to 1,000 unread emails, yeesh, but I'm in.

Can't believe of all the really good teams I've made here over the years I finally broke through with this dogshit. Started 1-4 and almost gave up. Lost the last three games of the season before the playoffs. My skill players were not very good. Injuries galore. And yet Mahomes and Fields saved my ass. Don't any of you hooligans dare touch either of them.

34 minutes ago, boiled leather said:

i am happy to be in, but I can't do 9/4 after 4pm pacific.   I'm available most other times

I think at this point, would probably be tough to move the draft.  I'm not super confident that we can find another time that would work.  Will let you know if we get desperate, but going to check in with other people first.

@JJ Lannister - Any interest in rejoining the league?  Draft is Monday September 4th at 8 p.m. central.

@mcbigski - If JJ can't join or if he doesn't respond in the next couple days - would you want to take the spot?

1 minute ago, mcbigski said:

I could take the spot but I have another auction going at almost the same time.  Remind me before Monday if you still need me.  2 auctions definitely cuts into my chugging box wine time though.

Okay thank you, will let you know.

8 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I think at this point, would probably be tough to move the draft.  I'm not super confident that we can find another time that would work.  Will let you know if we get desperate, but going to check in with other people first.

@JJ Lannister - Any interest in rejoining the league?  Draft is Monday September 4th at 8 p.m. central.

@mcbigski - If JJ can't join or if he doesn't respond in the next couple days - would you want to take the spot?

I'm in if you still need me. 

1 minute ago, JJ Lannister said:

I'll sign in once the keeper league gets deleted. I'm maxed on teams. Haha.

Okay we have a few days.  But like I mentioned in the other thread - solid chance Groz shows up in September to run Keeper and Dynasty.  So let me know if you want me to send the invite to a different email.

We need 1-3 more owners for the keeper league.  It's a quick snake draft due to the keepers and fun to build a team over the years.  I posted the rosters on the Fantasy Keeper Thread.  There is an open team, JJ's team and JJ's brother's team (JJ's team led the league in points for most of the season and JJ's brother's team came in 2nd).

Let me know if you want to join.  Draft will be some time this week.  We also need another owner for Dynasty.   I will get those rosters up tonight.

Not sure what to think about the draft.  The top RB went for less than I expected, and that money all made its way over to the top WR.  But I feel like I was still able to get good talent for my top 2 WR by waiting and being patient for prices to drop a bit there.  Also content with my WR3, though I do think my depth after that is pretty rough.  Really, the price I paid for getting a couple of high end RB and possibly not adjusting enough to the market in our draft was at QB2 and on my bench.  QB prices were fine, but I just didn't have the money to get a 2nd top guy, and ended up with a platoon of players that I like but who I would have preferred to have on the bench instead.

QB - J.Herbert, B.Purdy (K.Pickett, J.Garoppolo)
RB - C.McCaffrey, T.Pollard, D.Pierce (E.Mitchell, D.Singletary, S.Tucker, E.Hull)
WR - C.Ridley, C.Olave, G.Davis, Z.Flowers (R.Doubs, I.Hodgins, J.Ross)
TE - C.Okonkwo, D.Schultz (I.Smith)
K - J.Sanders
DEF - Cleveland, Green Bay

Not gonna lie, I don't like that roster, but you're right in the approach you took. I just don't understand the folks that spend over half their money on three players when you can get a ton of pretty good players for cheap in the middle of the draft and then the desperation always happens at the end which is avoidable. 

QB - Rodgers, Watson (Wilson, Richardson)

RB - Mattison, Akers, Penny (Cook, J Williams, Zeke)

WR - Adams, DeVonta, Deebo, Lockett (M. Williams, Aiyuk, Kirk, Thielen)

TE - Kittle, Mayer (Kmet)

K- Bukter

Def - Buffalo, NO

Edited by Tywin et al.