US Politics: He's so indicted, he just can't abide by it...

Mindwalker

4 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

This is purely an emotional reaction, but I am worried by a few cultural signifiers such as the modest success of "Sound of Freedom" and the overwhelming one of "Rich Men north of Richmond" that there are some undercurrents of dissatisfaction that we are not taking into account (similar to 2016) that could mean trouble in 2024 if we don't address it head on.

Conservatives have been claiming this canned, faked-up downhome country authenticity for as long as I can remember--this is nothing new. Still makes me laugh, though. They champion the sanctity of life while paying for abortions, rail against gay people while hiring rent-boys, and stand up for "average folks" while they line the pockets of the wealthiest among us. It's a game older than I am.

Yawn.

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Guess you should ask @Ormond he is on those mailing lists and occasionally shares their insanities.

Curious question tho, how many of those donors would give money, if they knew it ended up paying for Giuliani's legal bills. :dunno:

I stopped reading all the emails I get from Trump a while ago, but went and looked at the latest two. Though he certainly is using his arrest as a fund-raising tool, he doesn't specfically ask for donations to pay for his bail. 

Can you believe it?

I’ll be flying to Atlanta on Thursday to be wrongfully ARRESTED by a Radical Left District Attorney, who lets violent murderers and TRUE criminals run wild in her city.

I will be arraigned at Fulton County Jail – which has been described as a “humanitarian crisis” and “a violent jail” where guards have collected over 1,000 shanks fashioned from the crumbling walls.

This marks the FOURTH ACT of Election Interference to try and IMPRISON the leading opponent of the current regime.

Who would’ve thought that the nation of Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Lincoln would ever fall so close to tyranny?

Sadly, America is sitting in a very dark place today. We truly are a nation in decline.

But make no mistake: even as I am about to be ARRESTED for the FOURTH TIME as an innocent man, my resolve to save America is UNBREAKABLE.

The more they threaten me with these intimidation tactics, the more they try to imprison me as an innocent man, the more I know that we MUST win our mission to save our country – or America will be forever lost to tyranny.

If you’re doing poorly due to the very sinister people running America right now, please ignore what I’m about to ask. I only wanted to give you this important update on my unjust arrest on Thursday.  

Please make a contribution to peacefully stand with me as I prepare to be wrongfully ARRESTED this Thursday.

50 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Nuh uh. If Vladimir is giving him foot massages in some tsarist palace, he won’t be doing any jail time, smart guy. 

Vlad would make him The Gimp like in Pulp Fiction before he rubs his disgusting feet. But ol' Vlady has his own issues. 

1 hour ago, Gaston de Foix said:

But these candidates get evaluated very differently.  You are assuming symmetry of treatment but so much of US politics is weirdly asymmetrical. 

Fair enough, but the more America sees of Trump, the more most of the country will remember just how insufferable and exhausting he is. Biden's age is definitely a weakness for him, but it doesn't trump Trump's dumpster fire presence.

1 hour ago, TrackerNeil said:

Conservatives have been claiming this canned, faked-up downhome country authenticity for as long as I can remember--this is nothing new. Still makes me laugh, though. They champion the sanctity of life while paying for abortions, rail against gay people while hiring rent-boys, and stand up for "average folks" while they line the pockets of the wealthiest among us. It's a game older than I am.

Yawn.

Don't forget supporting police violence against black and brown people, bombing people in the Middle East, abusing everyone they can in Central and South America, etc. There are numerous more examples, oh, including doing nothing to stop the climate crisis which is killing people all around the world. And of course opposing poor mothers in need of aid and broke kids getting free school meals. Not to mention wanting to cut benefits for you old folks that need some help after contributing to society for numerous decades.

But they love you. 

6 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

This is purely an emotional reaction, but I am worried by a few cultural signifiers such as the modest success of "Sound of Freedom" and the overwhelming one of "Rich Men north of Richmond" that there are some undercurrents of dissatisfaction that we are not taking into account (similar to 2016) that could mean trouble in 2024 if we don't address it head on.

if it’s any comfort it’s likely he’s getting canceled for not being racist enough.

If it brings you any discomfort this gives credence to the idea of the anti-Semitic  playlist was actually orchestrated by the conservatives groups astroturing him. 

31 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Vlad would make him The Gimp like in Pulp Fiction before he rubs his disgusting feet. But ol' Vlady has his own issues. 

Bone spurs notwithstanding, below the ankles, Mango Mussolini is a goddamn Vogue cover girl, and Putin knows it. 

Trump is going to get all the golf, crispy ketchup slathered steak, and Steven Segal movie cameos he can handle. 

D.C. Attorney General is probing Leonard Leo’s network
The Federalist Society co-chair and ex-Trump judicial adviser has utilized nonprofit groups to collect more than $1 billion for conservative causes.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/22/d-c-attorney-general-is-probing-leonard-leos-network-00112331

Washington D.C. Attorney General Brian Schwalb is investigating judicial activist Leonard Leo and his network of nonprofit groups, according to a person with direct knowledge of the probe.

The scope of the investigation is unclear. But it comes after POLITICO reported in March that one of Leo’s nonprofits — registered as a charity — paid his for-profit company tens of millions of dollars in the two years since he joined the company. A few weeks later, a progressive watchdog group filed a complaint with the D.C. attorney general and the IRS requesting a probe into what services were provided and whether Leo was in violation of laws against using charities for personal enrichment.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

FFFFFFUCK YES!!!

@Tywin et al. you’re going down, son!

A recent pronouncement from Trumps Truth Social acct.

I would not be surprised if he believed that writing Russia 3 times would magically transport him there. Like Beetlejuice but in reverse. The guy is scared.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Listening to one of my favorite podcasts and they made a hilarious point, Donald Trump's height and weight is listed as being almost identical to.... Derrick Henry. Google pictures of the two and you decide...

Don't they measure height and weight as part of the booking process? When does that happen?

I'm guessing a hair over 300 lbs. A 20 lbs. hair. 

13 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

well of course its a worry. I don't think what he started (or jumped on) has stopped. In the long term his first term and indictment may be just a prelude to the USA living up to its potential for hideousness on a grand scale instead of just regions and states being outstanding in that regard.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Don't they measure height and weight as part of the booking process? When does that happen?

I'm guessing a hair over 300 lbs. A 20 lbs. hair. 

Just more things to gamble on. If they release the info. His actual height and weight. Is there a public perp walk. Does he trip and fall on the way. There's probably numerous other things we could draw up odds for. Give me +1200 that he smiles in the mugshot. I'll also take a supporter attacking a cop for +400 if I can get those odds please.