NBA the slenderman cometh.

BigFatCoward

3 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Wild game indeed. It seemed like Embiid couldn't miss late and he's one of the few players that really seems to fuck up Joker's game. 

He's got a very narrow path to mvp though. He's going to struggle to make 65 games. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Siakam to the Pacers. Doesn't seem like an overpay since it's basically just for three firsts. 

Yep, sad to see him go but the redundancy was there with him and Barnes and he wasn't on the same timeframe as the rest of the team so had to go.  I expect Poetl to be traded before the deadline as well.

Unless he signs an extension three picks for Siakam is a little much, bit surprised.  I guess Indiana figured it won't hurt too much in the future because two of the three are going to be conveyed in June, but that's still a lot when taking into account Siakam is a free agent come July.

...Then again, the internets is telling me it's likely they'll work out an extension.  In which case, yeah no brainer.  Good for the Pacers, they should be fun to follow this year.  Also very good fit for Siakam, which can be difficult for some teams based on his skillset.

Edited by DMC
Slop

They probably have the framework for a deal already in place. It's an interesting move. The Pacers still aren't a tier 1 team in the East, but it certainly makes them better. If he signs a reasonable contract I think both sides can feel like it worked out for them (not sure how great those picks will be, but they should be good trade assets if nothing else). 

Celtics-Spurs tonight was my first look at Wemby, and his range and reach is startling. In the 4th I saw him casually swat away a Jaylen Brown dunk, without jumping. Then he dunked over Luke Kornet from a distance that other players would shoot a hook.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Giddy isn't being charged but I can't find out why? 

Welcome to the US judicial system. Prosecutors are not going to charge you if they don't think they have a slam dunk case when you're rich.

5 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Code: that sweet, sweet hush money check cashed. 

As someone who has a daughter, there hasn't been enough money printed in world history to hush me if my daughter was abused in any way, and I like to think I'm the rule and not the exception on that subject.

Still, parents may feel that the age difference between their daughter and her boyfriend (or whatever their relationship is) is not a big issue, and may not see it as a problem. I don't think I'd share that opinion if I end up in a similar situation, but I can see how some people would.

Yeah from what I've read the girl is either 16 or 17, Giddey turned 21 in October.  I could definitely see many parents in this country being ok with that age difference.  Even in the OC.  Especially once considering Giddey is under a $27 million contract.  

4 hours ago, baxus said:

As someone who has a daughter, there hasn't been enough money printed in world history to hush me if my daughter was abused in any way, and I like to think I'm the rule and not the exception on that subject.

Still, parents may feel that the age difference between their daughter and her boyfriend (or whatever their relationship is) is not a big issue, and may not see it as a problem. I don't think I'd share that opinion if I end up in a similar situation, but I can see how some people would.

You may have more values, but a lot of people can have their minds changed once they see a six or seven figure check as a payoff in exchange for not pressing charges and/or not testifying and signing a NDA. It sounds like it was consensual, so that's easier to accept. 

I don't know that Hardy is an amazing coach.  As a coach, I would suggest that Hardy has smart, crafty, hard-working players who can implement this style.

If you have players who are willing to work that hard as a team on offense, that offense will indeed be NSFW in the best of ways.

And thus you as a coach will look smart.  But you can't do this with players who are dumb or lazy, no matter how good a coach you may be.

13 hours ago, baxus said:

What DMC said.

If the girl is 16/17 and is dating somebody four years older, then that's that. Assuming that's all there's to it.They possibly didn't even cash a check, but just told police/Da to mind their own business.

51 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

What DMC said.

If the girl is 16/17 and is dating somebody four years older, then that's that. Assuming that's all there's to it.They possibly didn't even cash a check, but just told police/Da to mind their own business.

yeah, 21-17 doesn't seem a moral problem for me at all, whether its legal in the state it happened is obviously different. 

I don't understand why Holmgren is current rookie of the year favourite.  i know he's doing it for a successful team, but VW stats for the last 10 games per 36 are fucking insane (35, 14, 4 with 4.33 blocks), and i see no reason he isn't going to keep it up for the rest of the season as he continues to develop in game intelligence etc. 

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I don't understand why Holmgren is current rookie of the year favourite.  i know he's doing it for a successful team, but VW stats for the last 10 games per 36 are fucking insane (35, 14, 4 with 4.33 blocks), and i see no reason he isn't going to keep it up for the rest of the season as he continues to develop in game intelligence etc. 

First, you can't just wipe out all the previous games.

Second, have you actually seen Wembanyama play outside of highlights? He really isn't all that yet. His ceiling looks great, but his base is kind of average. 

Statistically, he can't shoot but he insists on doing it a lot and is also averaging more turnovers than assists. For all the shit you all gave Draymond for shooting threes at 30% at less than 2 attempts a game, Wembanyama is shooting 29% at 5 attempts a game. 

Third, Holmgren has an advantage with having a better team to set him up which makes things easier for him. Wembanyama has an advantage where he gets the ball more which helps with his totals. Not sure which is better, but its something else to consider.