US Politics: Happy Anniversary.

Can't fix stupid.

"The Supreme Court may consider if states can disqualify Trump from their primaries. No matter how justices rule, it will not alter the Silver State’s election....When Nevada’s Republican voters receive their sample ballots for the state’s presidential preference primary this month, the name of the party’s current frontrunner will be missing.

His absence has nothing to do with any legal challenges to former president Donald Trump’s eligibility to participate in the state’s primary....No, Trump is ineligible for Nevada’s primary ballot because Trump’s campaign didn’t fill out an application to place him on Nevada’s primary ballot."

:lol:     :dunce:      :lmao:         

Trump cannot legally qualify for Nevada’s 2024 primary ballot - The Nevada Independent

13 hours ago, Zorral said:

Roger Stone Spoke With Cop Pal About Assassinating Eric Swalwell and Jerry Nadler

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/exclusive-roger-stone-spoke-with-cop-pal-about-assassinating-eric-swalwell-and-jerry-nadler/

Stone is the scum that feeds on the slime under the mud at the bottom of the swamp…

1 hour ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

This is fucking hilarious. Trump's lawyer is talking so fast he's killing his throat. And the judge is calmly explaining things to him, as should be done. People who talk fast are almost always liars. 

DC Court of Appeals hearing?  I’ve appeared before Judge Childs.

:) 

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

57 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Can't fix stupid.

"The Supreme Court may consider if states can disqualify Trump from their primaries. No matter how justices rule, it will not alter the Silver State’s election....When Nevada’s Republican voters receive their sample ballots for the state’s presidential preference primary this month, the name of the party’s current frontrunner will be missing.

His absence has nothing to do with any legal challenges to former president Donald Trump’s eligibility to participate in the state’s primary....No, Trump is ineligible for Nevada’s primary ballot because Trump’s campaign didn’t fill out an application to place him on Nevada’s primary ballot."

:lol:     :dunce:      :lmao:         

Trump cannot legally qualify for Nevada’s 2024 primary ballot - The Nevada Independent

It is almost like chasing traditional Republicans out of the party functions, including the long-serving administrators and operators, is a bad idea for Trump.  But sure, replace them with nouveau riche blowhards who are big into social media and culture wars, but can't do paperwork, that'll turn out fine.

Edited by Wilbur

28 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

And I worked for Rick Santorum.

(Oh wait, I probably shouldn't admit that)

I just hope you meant in work as contractor working on his home, or somebody he hired to make a dead sex worker from is hotel room disappear without a trace. So normal stuff, and not working for his campaign or something.

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I just hope you meant in work as contractor working on his home, or somebody he hired to make a dead sex worker from is hotel room disappear without a trace. So normal stuff, and not working for his campaign or something.

Hey, given that my parents were arrested multiple times for blocking access to abortion clinics, my own activities as a youth could have been a lot worse!

Now, this doesn't sound problematic at all...

https://www.salon.com/2024/01/09/attorney-tells-presidential-immunity-covers-assassinating-rivals-and-selling-pardons/?in_brief=true

(How does our resident Richard III feel about this dictator shit? Would he really try to say that Biden is worse?)

1 hour ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

Hey, given that my parents were arrested multiple times for blocking access to abortion clinics, my own activities as a youth could have been a lot worse!

Now I really wish you had just put a body in a barrel of acid, like ty. (no, not for Klobuchar, that was a more of a personal project).

5 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Now I really wish you had just put a body in a barrel of acid, like ty. (no, not for Klobuchar, that was a more of a personal project).

As a kid, I was haunted by that scene from Robocop where the guy gets doused by toxic waste and then is splattered into mush by a car. But picturing it happen to Rick Santorum makes it a little less disturbing.

47 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

As a kid, I was haunted by that scene from Robocop where the guy gets doused by toxic waste and then is splattered into mush by a car.

I laughed so fucking hard the first time I saw that scene. Granted I wasn't a kid at the time, but still, Robocop is the best.

But picturing it happen to Rick Santorum makes it a little less disturbing.

Again, no kink-shaming here.

41 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I remember watching Robocop 2 with a friend on TV during a sleepover (or random VHS) watching.

This scene had us laughing like crazy.

I wish more movies were completely nonpolitical... like Robocop and Robocop 2

/s hopefully obviously

14 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Granted I wasn't a kid at the time,

Heh, my parents were super-religious, but somehow made exceptions for ultra-violent movies when I was a kid. Don't worry, they covered my eyes for the boobs.

15 minutes ago, Durckad said:

I wish more movies were completely nonpolitical... like Robocop and Robocop 2

Probably a lot of people don't pick up on the commentary, which I guess is part of the problem with satirical critiques of fascism--it feeds the beast almost as well as the real thing!

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I remember watching Robocop 2 with a friend on TV during a sleepover (or random VHS) watching.

The genesis of Murderbot!

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That was pretty much Boeing this week.

4 hours ago, Durckad said:

I laughed so fucking hard the first time I saw that scene. Granted I wasn't a kid at the time, but still, Robocop is the best.

I received a Robocop 4k steelbook as a gift last year. I was soooooo happy until I put that fucking disc in the machine and realised it was the remake.