Football: You can take Poch out of Spurs...or playing Boehly's Billion Bottlers Blues.

Yeah, no idea why it's given a penalty. And now the match is turned on its head by that call, so ... I'd be mad, were I Moyes. 

Or a West Ham supporter.

Newcastle post Saudi takeover are firmly in the ‘teams I want to lose every game’ bracket and, as I said, I don’t think that was in anyway a penalty but, fair play, this is entertaining.

Ok, Leverkusen in Liverpool mode today.

Trailing 0-1 at home very late in their game against Hoffenheim, only to walk away with the 2-1 win after they just continued to push. I said it before, those games have league winners written all over it.

At some point soon I expect Sean Dyche to realize that "what we've done for two months" is utter crap, and have him change things up.

Today we were weak all over, and it's recognizably his setup. 

It's not working, Sean!

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile Bayern with the early push for a goal and Dortmund with the early goal.

Leverkusen will most def win the league this year (for the sport geeks, Alonso's Leverkusen could theoretically still better Guardiola's Bayern record for points in a season, and put forward an invincible season (or in short equal my best FM season))

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

I remember a few years ago when Tuchel was at PSG I was giving out about how he's a pretty poor manager who wasn't gonna do anything for, eventually, Chelsea, and people wouldn't believe me. Oh how I am laughing.

Posted (edited)

Funny how the organized Bayern fan scene shot back at Hoeneß during the Dortmund game.

There was a banner that read: You're yourself responsible for your shit football.

That was a reference and response to Hoeneß. Small background to put that into context.

During an annual club meeting, the organized fans criticised the clubs ticketing and lack of atmosphere during home games (would have to look up the exact year and background, which I am too lazy to, but that was the thick and the thin of it essentially). To which Hoeneß being the populist he is infamously responded.

We (as a club) take the VIP fans to the cleaner to finance you [cheap(ish) tickets for the regular fans]. You are yourself responsible for your shit atmosphere.

During the protests against allowing investors to buy into the league fans across all clubs (including Bayern fans) pretty much united to stop that and flooded the pitch with Tennisballs and other things. Including Bayern games. Bayern during their run of poor results that resulted in Tuchel announcing his departure at the end of the season, this happened at Bayern's game at Bochum. Bayern went 1-0 up, interruption due to fan protests and tennisball flooding the pitch. Bayern (according to Hoeneß) lost the thread as a result of the protests and the game. He also specifically targeted the organized fan scene by saying something along the lines of

especialy those fans, who see themselve as the are the true fans of the club. I disagree with that.

So that banner was really straight up get effed by the fans to Hoeneß.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

So furious that United scored so late again, after being utterly wank for so long. Felt so horribly undeserved, especially after so many chances Brentford had missed by an inch or so. So it was glorious for Brentford to pull one back and take those points away from United. Really they should have scored even more to win it, but can't have everything.

Good game this. Now Endo has settled into the water-carrying role, Liverpool are looking well-balanced.

A relief for the neutral to enjoy decent football after the dross that was Chelsea followed by United yesterday.

So this is fairly nerve wracking. Brighton always try and play through the press and Klopp’s response to that is to be even more aggressive with it. Every time Brighton have the ball in their own half it seems like it’s going to be a chance at one end or the other.

Salah was largely at fault for the Brighton goal but, on the plus side, before the international break he looked very reluctant to do anything that would require him to break into a sprint, he looks a lot happier to try and get in behind today.

• Ran locked this topic