The Most Disturbing Movie You’ve Ever Seen

1 hour ago, Isis said:

The first time I watched The Exorcist I was in my late 20's and I found the film to be too slow and dull - so much so that I actually got bored and turned it off about 10 minutes from the end. I think I was expecting something completely different and at the time that I watched it I was just unable to appreciate it for what it was. 

Im very glad for you to have been spared the trauma that it put me through.

I think for like at least a year I was scared to go in parents really dark basement because I was sure a green skinned Linda Blair was lurking down there ready to pounce!:lmao:

1 hour ago, Isis said:

The first time I watched The Exorcist I was in my late 20's and I found the film to be too slow and dull - so much so that I actually got bored and turned it off about 10 minutes from the end. I think I was expecting something completely different and at the time that I watched it I was just unable to appreciate it for what it was. 

I think with The Exorcist it really depends on when you watched it first. If you saw it when it came out or in later years if you were pretty young it's scary as hell. But like you I saw it sometime in my late teens/early 20's and by that point I had seen so many parodies of the film so it didn't hit the same. 

The 70s adaptation of Salem's Lot with David Soul fucked up my dreams for a decade. The scene where Danny is scratching on his little brother's window, particularly. 

Edited by Spockydog

So I guess now I have a different take on this than I did at first.

She Said and The Big Short now pop in mind because it's not horror schlock, it's real.

Oh and fuck Paranormal Activity....creeped me right out