The Most Disturbing Movie You’ve Ever Seen

My candidate is Irreversible (2002), made my friend saw it who said he got turned on by the iffy scenes which makes me question our friendship :/  But saw this when I was in my teens and till today it can affect me. Less on the gag reflex but more on the horror of the total destruction of those lives.  What’re your picks ? (Pls don’t say The Human Centipede, I’m not talking about gross out movies ) 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II
NA

Come and See is a good one. Schindler's List is another for me.

I think anyone except sociopaths or the truly jaded would find Dominion disturbing. It was the hardest movie to watch that I've ever seen. You can find it free on YouTube.

Edited by IFR

The film Jacob's Ladder left me with terrible feelings of horror and sadness and despair.  It is a really well-made film with excellent performances, and Roger Ebert gave it 3.5 stars out of four, but what an intense aura of sorrow.  I was not at all surprised when the local theater took it out of rotation after a single week - who was going to go back and watch that a second time?

Not the most disturbing film, but the film that disturbed me the most has got to be Watership Down.

FTR, absolutely not a cute cartoon about bunny rabbits, suitable for a 6-7 year old to watch unattended.

Ahhh... the 80s

Other nominaction would probably be A Clockwork Orange - though the mental scars don't run as deep.

Edited by Which Tyler

Another really disturbing scene was from Deep Rising where they shoot one of the monster's tentacles open and...well...I'll leave it there.

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

Another really disturbing scene was from Deep Rising where they shoot one of the monster's tentacles open and...well...I'll leave it there.

Yeah, that spooked me as a kid. The ending to the movie is pretty funny. Idk if they were trying to set up a sequel or just being cheeky.