Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I wonder how many people had left and missed it, especially with it being a late kick off. 

I thought that too but, to be fair, looking at the crowd behind the goal for Cole Palmer’s penalty it didn’t seem like too many had. If it’s that open a game I suppose you always think you have a chance.

United have conceded more shots in 2024 than any other side in Europe's top 5 leagues.

For the season to date, only Sheffield United have conceded more shots than United in Europe's top 5 leagues.

Ten Hag has failed tactically this season. He's obviously able to set the team up to be more compact (like last season) so he is deliberately choosing to play suicide-ball this season and apparently sees nothing wrong with that.

PG. In the spirit of the thread and to keep the league interesting, would you consider renaming the thread to let's all laugh at Liverpool before the United - Liverpool game this WE? :D:leaving:

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

On 4/4/2024 at 9:54 PM, Iskaral Pust said:

Diaz, for me, still lacks end product even if he’s a valuable out-ball on the left.

To be fair with Diaz I think his end product is always going to be a bit hit and miss but I think there was a period at the start of the year when it looked a real concern that he wasn't going to be able to get back to the level he was at after his knee injuries. I don't think that's the case anymore. I also think he's got a pretty tough job when we play Gomez tucking into midfield from leftback rather than Robertson. Basically he has to hold the width to stretch teams and he's got a right footed Gomez and a right footed midfielder inside him so there's not often anyone overlapping or much threat of an early ball into the box so it's quite easy for defences to double up on him.

Brighton - Arsenal should be interesting tonight. Brighton are absolutely going to try and draw Arsenal's press onto them and try and play through it so it's either going to not work and they're going to get battered or they could cause Arsenal some problems. I suspect the former is more likely but it'll be fun to see them try anyway.

28 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Surprisingly, City are right now struggling to take down Palace. City will eventually break them down, no doubt about it, but it's fun while it lasts.

City grind out these results but are just so damn unexciting. Arsenal and Liverpool deserve it more.

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Bayern

Well .. three points. About the best to be said about that match. Much appreciated, the keeper helping us to a goal, otherwise we still look like we don't really know what a goal is, or what to do with the ball near a goal. Sometime, we might want to change that a bit.

Kompany has shown his naivety this season. Poor game management and the team are constantly giving away daft goals all in the name of a doomed philosophy when Burnley would have been much better served by a more pragmatic approach.

On a separate note, from what I've seen of Burnley this season, Trafford is not ready for this level. He's still a young keeper so there's every chance that he can improve but right now Kompany was right to (belatedly) drop him as he should not be the starting keeper for any club at Premier League level let alone getting England call ups.

Edited by Consigliere

Useless factoid of the day: Oslo is _by far_ Norway's largest city. Something like 1/8 Norwegians live there. The only club hailing from Oslo in our top division this season is... the YMCA (KFUM Oslo). :rofl:

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea