Football, what the fuckball?

That is the softest foul I've seen in a while. Any other place on the pitch that is not given. PGMOL strikes again. And Chelsea were working so hard to allow Spurs to catch up to Villa.

Edited by Corvinus85

8 hours ago, polishgenius said:

???

Boy did I get that one wrong. Liverpool have really run out of steam and are just going through the motions now. Like I said, they will finish inside the CL spots, but not win the league.

2 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

That is the softest foul I've seen in a while. Any other place on the pitch that is not given. PGMOL strikes again. And Chelsea were working so hard to allow Spurs to catch up to Villa.

Nah, that had to be ruled out- it wasn't a big push but it put the defender from the ball dropping in front of him to it being behind him, hard to see how it could be anything else. 

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

Nah, that had to be ruled out- it wasn't a big push but it put the defender from the ball dropping in front of him to it being behind him, hard to see how it could be anything else. 

If he had actually shoved with a hand sure, but he just used his shoulder. And he had his eyes on the ball, too. Happens constantly in a match, rarely called.

As for the Everton game .. we're mostly solid again. This kind of defending is what I thought Benitez would be able to implement (Lampard not so much), but after having been so porous for years, having a tight team at the back is comfortable. 

If I'm to be positive (I am), I think that building from the back is the way to go for us. Defensive solidity coupled with set piece goals, and then try to improve the offense from there. The Moyes Way, if you will - his early teams was very much like this, while his final Everton team was actually a nice team to watch. If Dyche is capable of that remains to be seen, but he's got the first part down.

Other positives from yesterday .. we scored. Chermiti looked very much at sea at the start of the game, but he grew into it, won some battles, had a few nice touches and looks like he'll be a useful player. Hope so.

Bring on next season.

Meanwhile promotion is almost secured mathematically.

We won our game against (who the fuck is) Hansa Rostock on Friday. Captain Irvine took care of business.

Yesterday Düsseldorf were held to a draw against Schalke (who had a last minute penalty call overturned by var). So that 7 points clear off the play-off spot with 3 games to go. Among them a home game against bottom of the league Osnabrück. Cherry on top, Kiel also lost yesterday, so we are back at the top of the table. But like I've said before, I will happily take 2nd place and thus win promotion. Going up as champions would be a mere bonus.

11 hours ago, Spockydog said:

These PGMOL cunts are taking their incompetence to strange new levels now.

The explanation they've apparently got for it is Taylor was playing advantage and once Areola fucked up there was no advantage. It would have been a very soft free kick but I could see it I suppose. Honestly it's fairly low down the list of officials fucking Liverpool this season and it doesn't really matter at this stage.

Another flat performance from Liverpool. I've got no doubt the fatigue from all the injuries is a big factor and once the goal of winning the title slipped away a lot of the impetus to push through that fatigue goes too. Fatigue or not though we've conceded a lot of soft goals in this run of games. The United game was a fairly 'shit happens' game but every other game in this run we've conceded goals which were made pretty easy for the opposition.

Anyway, it's still objectively a good season. To fall out of title contention 4 games from the end of the season for a team that struggled last year, had to completely rebuild the midfield over the summer and had been ravaged by injuries, not to mention the VAR fun is a great effort overall. I'm sure every Liverpool fan would have been happy with that if it was offered to us in the summer. It's just a shame that Klopp's tenure is ending on a bit of a down note.

Edited by ljkeane

I actually think a bunch of Arsenal’s set piece moves this season really should be given as fouls but there’s nothing wrong with that one. Tomiyasu’s shoulder to shoulder and Horberg just heads it into his own net.

Very Spursy start so far. Probably the better side, 2 great chances, one nil down to an own goal.

ETA: Ok that’s a bit Spursy from Arsenal. They look nervy. 

Edited by ljkeane