Lost season 4.1.b.2

Arataniello

So people think Ben's mole on the boat is Michael? It would make sense I guess, especially since it seems nearly certain Michael will come back into the show somehow.

The 'rescuers' mission is to "get" Ben, with the implication being they want to kidnap and/or kill him. If that's the case, it seems likely their employers are DHARMA, or whatever is left of it, wanting to deliver some justice on the man responsible for the purge. I have a feeling the Asian ghostbuster guy is there to contact Jacob, considering his supposed abilities to talk with spirits.

Nora's wardroom (company common room with couches and a big HD TV) is being repainted so tonight she will be watching in rather poor quality on her computer (they have some TV over IP thing to watch TV on their comps) at her desk. :( Very upsetting.

Did you SEE the last episode of the 3rd season?

Sayid ain't no pussy.

he is not, nor has he ever been: unfortunately, the writers have done a miserable job of emphasizing this, and just spent a long time using him as Jack's ethnic yes-man. I want more people tied to trees and tortured for asthma inhalers.

wow...pretty good episode!! I'm really liking the writing this year. I had read they have a new guy and you can tell. Less action yet more gripping.

so there is like a 30 minute delay on the island from the rest of the world?

The Sayid/Ben pairing is a nice touch. I liked Ben's last word. "GOOD"

Well, that was interesting. We had a big answer dropped on us tonight as well...time is moving faster on the outside. But not much faster. The clock from the boat read 3:16, the island clock read 2:45...a difference of 31 minutes. Some quick math says that means time on the outside is moving about 18% faster than island time. If they've been on the island 100 days, that means the outside world has experienced "only" 18 more days. Not enough time for Walt to grow that much. Of course, the whole time thing could be variable.

So, now we know that Sayid is one of the Oceanic 6...but is Ben? Something tells me no. Presumably Ben is directing Sayid to kill off the people who are part of the same group that has sent the boat. I wonder if the woman's boss was the same black guy that visited Hurley and hired Naomi and the rest? And are they Dharma? I kind of missed a little of the back and forth between Ben and Sayid. Ben said something like "this happened the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun", and Sayid replied something along the lines of "that's how you recruited me"...but I didn't quite catch all of that. Could he be referring to Shannon? I'm not sure how that would fit the "heart instead of gun' line, or how Ben could use that to recruit him. So is he referring to some event we haven't seen yet?

My DVR cut off the end of the trailer for next week as well...looked like paparazzi taking pictures of Kate, the voice-over saying another of the "Oceanic 6" would be revealed, and then it stopped...anything else of interest?

For some reason, after watching this episode, I'm beginning to think that the guy that Kate had to go back to when she met with Jack at the end of season 3 was Ben. I love that this was a Sayid episode, particularly the flash-forward scenes (great concept, btw). The confrontation with that girl could have played out as expected, as in having her run away while Sayid confronts his mark, but I don't think anybody expected where that scene ended up going.

So, now we know that Sayid is one of the Oceanic 6...but is Ben? Something tells me no. Presumably Ben is directing Sayid to kill off the people who are part of the same group that has sent the boat. I wonder if the woman's boss was the same black guy that visited Hurley and hired Naomi and the rest? And are the Dharma? I kind of missed a little of the back and forth between Ben and Sayid. Ben said something like "this happened the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun", and Sayid replied something along the lines of "that's how you recruited me"...but I didn't quite catch all of that. Could he be referring to Shannon? I'm not sure how that would fit the "heart instead of gun' line, or Ben could use that to recruit him. So is he referring to some event we haven't seen yet?

I think he's referring to something that's to come, and somehow his little helicopter ride has something to do with it, like perhaps Sayid shouldn't have gone on that helicopter and just killed all of the 'rescuers' as Ben no doubt wants.

Yay! A great episode of Lost that made me feel totally not guilty about skipping out on studying for a ridiculously hard exam tomorrow to watch it. That was a confusing sentence, but I stand by it! :D

I'm not a Sayid-fangirl. I do not think walking out in the wilderness by himself for a few days and meeting Danielle absolves him from torturing his fellow Losties. That never sat well with me and I think will always taint how I see his character. Also, I think he's ugly, so watching him get with pretty women is weird. That said, I do like Sayid, and I thought the flash-forwards were very well done (and Naveen Andrews is a great actor!). Definitely didn't see the shooting-the-guy on the golf course coming. Figured out he was after the chick's boss (duh) but never saw the double-double crossing!

My respect for Hurley way dropped, and Locke only gave me more reasons to dislike him.

:love: Desmond

Looks like we're finally going to see Sun again next week!

Well, that was interesting. We had a big answer dropped on us tonight as well...time is moving faster on the outside. But not much faster. The clock from the boat read 3:16, the island clock read 2:45...a difference of 31 minutes. Some quick math says that means time on the outside is moving about 18% faster than island time. If they've been on the island 100 days, that means the outside world has experienced "only" 18 more days. Not enough time for Walt to grow that much. Of course, the whole time thing could be variable

We can't actually determine the time speed difference without knowing when the rocket was originally fired.

It's a 31 minute difference, but over how long a time?

Unless those were stopwatches instead of clocks like I assumed.

wow...pretty good episode!! I'm really liking the writing this year. I had read they have a new guy and you can tell. Less action yet more gripping.

Brian K. Vaughn is one of the most talented people writing comics today, and it shows. Losts' dialouge seems very comic-like, so he's a good fit. Great episode tonight, I thought.

Yeah, very good episode. Quite a few surprises. My personal favourite was the twist with Hurley in the closet.

After they found Hurley there, I thought "That's just silly. Why would Locke put Hurley, tied up in a closet? What if no one finds him, is he gonna die? Why not just let him go back to the beach?" Now, normally, that should make me think "There's something more to this" But since I'm used to certain things on Lost not making sense, that never occurred to me. Instead I went "You are not suppossed to think like that. Don't think too much, enjoy the show." So when they actually revealed the trap, I was floored.

I am digging this season as well. They are keeping things interesting.

They should have just subtitled this episode, Sayid Jarrah: Mofoing Badass. I see why Andrews is gushing about this season compared to last year and (especially) Season 2.

Well, that was interesting. We had a big answer dropped on us tonight as well...time is moving faster on the outside. But not much faster. The clock from the boat read 3:16, the island clock read 2:45...a difference of 31 minutes. Some quick math says that means time on the outside is moving about 18% faster than island time. If they've been on the island 100 days, that means the outside world has experienced "only" 18 more days. Not enough time for Walt to grow that much. Of course, the whole time thing could be variable.

The freighter is outside the 'bubble' that surrounds the Island, yet all conversations between the freighter and the Island proceed in real-time, as did Charlie's brief conversation with Penny in the Season 3 finale. From this we can determine that time is progressing at the same rate on and off the Island, there is 'merely' a timeslip of 31-odd minutes between physical objects entering the bubble and arriving on the Island.

Walt's growth, I believe, will be more adequately explained by the flash-forwards. I suspect we won't see him on the freighter but he'll crop up in flash-forwards as 3-4 years older than when we saw him in Season 1, which obviously tracks.

Interesting fact: the last two episodes both took place on Christmas Eve 2004. I wonder if they'll mention when it's Christmas Day?

So, now we know that Sayid is one of the Oceanic 6...but is Ben? Something tells me no. Presumably Ben is directing Sayid to kill off the people who are part of the same group that has sent the boat.

More interestingly, Ben tells Sayid that he has to keep doing what he's doing to protect his friends. I suspect the friends he's talking about are the other survivors of 815 still on the Island (presumably anyone who isn't a member of the O6 and doesn't die in the next few episodes) and the people Sayid is killing are looking for the Island for nefarious purposes.

My DVR cut off the end of the trailer for next week as well...looked like paparazzi taking pictures of Kate, the voice-over saying another of the "Oceanic 6" would be revealed, and then it stopped...anything else of interest?

On the other member of the Oceanic 6:

SPOILER: Lost 404
I'm a bit puzzled by that as we already know that Kate is a member (we saw her in the Season 3 flash-forwards). Spoilers indicate we'll find out someone else made it off the Island but they are not counted as a member of the O6. Hmm.

We can't actually determine the time speed difference without knowing when the rocket was originally fired.

It's a 31 minute difference, but over how long a time?

Unless those were stopwatches instead of clocks like I assumed.

I thought they were stopwatches. In fact it almost seemed as if this was the purpose of the "payload" - to compare times. Like they knew there was some kind of discrepancy, and this was just a test to confirm it. Although when it was first launched he and the woman on the boat did seem surprised that it didn't arrive when she did her countdown...so...who knows (a common phrase when it comes to Lost).

I wonder if the helicopter path matches the boat path that Ben told Michael to take. If you go a different direction, do you get put on time out?

I liked the scene where Kate checks under the bed and sees Sawyer's shoes. It's a close match of the flashback scene where Sawyer hides under the bed and his dad enters with the gun.

Archived