Lost season 4.1.b.2

Arataniello

I wonder if the helicopter path matches the boat path that Ben told Michael to take. If you go a different direction, do you get put on time out?

I liked the scene where Kate checks under the bed and sees Sawyer's shoes. It's a close match of the flashback scene where Sawyer hides under the bed and his dad enters with the gun.

I think if you go in a different direction, you don't leave the "bubble" that surrounds the island. You'll just see the island again. Didn't someone try to take Desmond's boat and sail away at one point only to find out they couldn't?

I think if you go in a different direction, you don't leave the "bubble" that surrounds the island. You'll just see the island again. Didn't someone try to take Desmond's boat and sail away at one point only to find out they couldn't?

Yes, Desmond did. :P

Great episode last night. I'm a big Sayid fan. Nice to see his story in the grey that he seems to thrive in.

As far as next week goes, I think that

SPOILER: Who's "not" Oceanic 6

it will be revealed that Aaron is not part of it, but off the island. Technically, he was in utero, so he wouldn't really count on the flight, right?

Yes, Desmond did. :P

Great episode last night. I'm a big Sayid fan. Nice to see his story in the grey that he seems to thrive in.

As far as next week goes, I think that

SPOILER: Who's "not" Oceanic 6

it will be revealed that Aaron is not part of it, but off the island. Technically, he was in utero, so he wouldn't really count on the flight, right?

I knew someone did it!

And yes, I don't think he counts as being on the flight. He wouldn't have been on the manifest.

???

He never said "She is how you recruited me", he said "That's how you recruited me".

I think it ws actually, "That was how you recruited me to kill for you."

Opening with Sayid playing golf caught me off guard, as it didn't seem to be him. Once he took care of business there, it fell into place what he was up to, though for whom? My initial thought when he was on the cell phone saying he made contact that he was somehow connected to the mysterious guy who had visited Hurley. The ending was a nice twist. Ben's secret room on the island, the photo of him that Miles has that appears to be at an airport (despite the unhooked computer), his being off the island in the flash forward, it all tells me that he knows another, easier way off the island other than the exploded sub.

Another good one, it seems almost as if I can count on Lost entertaining me instead of frustrating me again. Sayid as a hitman was cool, but I hope they don't drag the explanation of the various factions' motivations out past this season.

Oh yeah, I got a good laugh out of how they placed that menu besides the restaurant doors, which shows such loving attention to detail, and then had it written in wonderfully wrong German. :lol:

Ok so whats the point of Desmond and Sayid going heavily armed cause it seems like they both took assault rifles. Desmond had a m-14 and Sayid had his A-Team gun (Rutger Mini 14 or something). They both might have had pistols aswell.

Are they going to assualt the ship just the two of them?

Did Kate actually stay or did Sayid leave without her, becuase it looks to me like she was never given the choice.

I have a couple of questions. Did anyone catch what was on that bracelet that Naomi was wearing? And it seemed that Elsa (the german girl) was also wearing a simular bracelt?

"N, I'll always be with you. R.G.".

And yes, it seemed that the German 'personal assistant' had a similar bracelet on after Syid had shot her. Since he didn't take it off her wrist afterwards, we don't know if it said the same thing inside.

Aratan

Did Kate actually stay or did Sayid leave without her, becuase it looks to me like she was never given the choice.

Between Sayid's reaction when he returned to the helicopter and the previews for next week, I'm not certain that Kate even knew Sayid had left.

ok, another question. If time is "slower" on the island than the outside world, then how do you explain Desmond. Desmond was on the island for 3 years. Isn't that timeline established corresponding to events off the island? Or was that just a conjecture?

ok, another question. If time is "slower" on the island than the outside world, then how do you explain Desmond. Desmond was on the island for 3 years. Isn't that timeline established corresponding to events off the island? Or was that just a conjecture?

Time isn't moving slower on the Island. There's just a timeslip effect. The Island exists 31 minutes in the future (aside from when it 'aligns' with the real world, such as during the original crash and the hatch explosion), which presumably is why it's so hard to get onto. So when it's 12pm in the real world it's 12.31pm on the Island, and when it's 12.30 in the real world it's 1.01pm on the Island. Pretty straightforward.

So if there is a 31 minute time lag, why is there no time lag when talking on the phone?

Radio waves are apparently unaffected by the timeslip. Either time-travel is involved or the timeslip effect only applies to physical objects and 'bends' radio waves back and forth through the distortion. Remember that Charlie and Penny also had a brief conversation in real-time during the Season 3 finale.

I liked that one a lot. I'm curious about the bracelet connection. :unsure:

Sayid rocks my world. I'm with Mandy: Jack/Sawyer/Sayid (with a side of Desmond) make any lower quality eps easier to digest. Although, it must be said that Sayid does smooth AND rough equally well (cf Sawyer). Naveen Andrews is also one of the best actors on the show, which also helps. :)

Time isn't moving slower on the Island. There's just a timeslip effect. The Island exists 31 minutes in the future (aside from when it 'aligns' with the real world, such as during the original crash and the hatch explosion), which presumably is why it's so hard to get onto. So when it's 12pm in the real world it's 12.31pm on the Island, and when it's 12.30 in the real world it's 1.01pm on the Island. Pretty straightforward.

At this point, I don't think we have enough info to say whether time is moving differently on the island, or whether it's just a static difference.

I think the thing with the bracelet is that Sayid kept Naomi's bracelet, perhaps out of respect for her or something, and then gave it to his girlfriend in the future. I'm not sure why he wouldn't have given it back to Naomi's compatriots on the freighter, or just left it with her body, though. Maybe we'll see in the next few eps which, presumably, will partially follow Desmond and Sayid's adventures on the freighter.

And word on Andrews. I recall him winning awards for The Buddha of Suburbia (which features plenty of teh hot sex between Andrews and just about every other cast member, male and female) and I think he was nominated for The English Patient.

At this point, I don't think we have enough info to say whether time is moving differently on the island, or whether it's just a static difference.

So the fact that time was proceeding at the same rate both on and off the Island simultaneously when Charlie and Penny were speaking to one another, when Jack and Minowski were speaking and when Daniel and the girl on the freighter were speaking in this very episode wasn't a clue? All the live satellite news feeds Mikhail was picking up in Season 3 were also progressing at the same rate as time on the Island.

Nope, I think the evidence is pretty clear that there is a distortion between the two timezones (presumably hence why the trip to the Island is considered quite rough, such as when Juliet was kept sedated when the submarine took here there), but time outside and inside is proceeding at the same rate. Personally I thought Locke and Desmond's conversation about the crash in the Season 2 finale really put this to bed but given how many people go on about it on The Fuselage, I guess there was still room for doubt. After this episode, I see no such issue. Like Purgatory, this theory is dead and buried.

I don't get it, what does it even mean for the island to exist 31 minutes into the future?

How does the payload disappear, then reach the island late? Does the missile go to the future? (God, I'm getting more confused just as I'm typing this.)

p.s. Another issue that hasn't been raised: What the hell is the deal with the cabin? It changed places a number of times, right? What's up with that?

Remember that Charlie and Penny also had a brief conversation in real-time during the Season 3 finale.

But Charlie was also at the underwater station off the coast of the island. The signigicance of having a station there might have had something to do with allowing "normal" conversations?

Actually, I think I got it the wrong way around. The Island is 31 minutes in the past:

The rocket gets fired and hits the edge of the bubble surrounding the Island and vanishes.

31 minutes later the Island reaches the same point in time and the rocket reappears inside the bubble and lands on the Island as planned.

I have absolutely no idea why this doesn't affect radio waves, which seem to work normally. Hopefully they'll come up with some semi-logical explanation for this. Personally I just think Darlton thought that having a 31-minute time-delay in all conversations between the Island and off it would be deeply tedious.

But Charlie was also at the underwater station off the coast of the island. The signigicance of having a station there might have had something to do with allowing "normal" conversations?

Possibly, but the Looking Glass wasn't that far off the coast of the Island and is still inside the bubble. Juliet's last flashbacks suggests when you pass through the interface between the two realities, you notice it. Badly.

Archived