Heroes

superkick

[quote name='Ran' post='1690889' date='Feb 18 2009, 09.44']Well, I'm hopeful Bryan Fuller will be able to do something positive once his contributions start showing up.[/quote]

Amen. Probably putting a bit too much hope in him, but its gotta be a damned improvement. If there's one consolation, its that watching Heroes makes me believe that I can do this shit. Maybe writing a storyline from scratch that covers 22 hours might be a bit much, but I can certainly sit down and say 'This is stupid, this makes no sense, this is a better way to do it.' I mean when the flaws are this fricken obvious, it ain't that hard to script-doctor. Even a little tweaking could go a long way.

They should hire me.

This plotline would be interesting if a tiny nation in Africa or Asia decided to offer anyone with powers asylum.  "America hunting you down? Come to Beninia where you will be treated like gods, and help our nation rise to first world status!"

God I hate this. The new shows can't start soon enough.

Oh, and the bald Hunter guy and HRG need to have a no holds-bar cage match. Now. Its the only way to save this story line.

Okay, maybe not, but it'd make me happy.

[quote name='Ser Aardvark' post='1697916' date='Feb 24 2009, 10.18']I was holding out hope that Heroes wasn't going to be a one trick pony but sadly that's what it has turned out to be. I watch this and then I watch Fringe and there's no competition whatsoever (let alone Galactica).[/quote]

Fringe has a whole host of issues of it's own that hold it down...comparisons are irrelevant...

I still want to know where this show is going. Why Isaac's apartment isn't under constant surveilance of some sort is beyond me...but they really didn't need to go with the exploding city painted on the floor...a somewhat decent episode (barring the blurring of exactly where Building 26 is...California or Washington...) wrecked in the final 45 seconds by recycling....it can still be saved though!

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1697948' date='Feb 24 2009, 10.42']Fringe has a whole host of issues of it's own that hold it down...comparisons are irrelevant...

I still want to know where this show is going. Why Isaac's apartment isn't under constant surveilance of some sort is beyond me...but they really didn't need to go with the exploding city painted on the floor...a somewhat decent episode (barring the blurring of exactly where Building 26 is...California or Washington...) wrecked in the final 45 seconds by recycling....it can still be saved though![/quote]
Or a crack group of hunters that can't figure out what hotel room their targets are staying in? Come on, bail bondsmen can figure that out.

This was not as bad an episode as all the groaning made it out to be, but yes, the last 45 seconds were just kind of painful. It's getting kind of tiresome to have these cryptic images suggest something awful will happen to drive the plot.

I enjoy Heroes. I am one of the people that comes on here and tells people to quit complaining. But this episode did absolutely nothing. So we now know Daphne is alive, which was fairly obvious since if they killed her in such an anticlimactic way after building her up that would have been ridiculous.

But what else did we get from this episode? HRG and Mrs. Petrelli are working together (not a big revelation). The Hunter guy is really bad (again not that big). They could have fleshed out the justification for Nathan. They could have revealed that HRG is not really part of this. They could have done anything. But all we got was an episode of Matt Parkman tilting his head, HRG sweating and then a painting of a nuke going off in DC. This episode was really crap and could have been much more.

I was kind of hoping that the Hunter guy would have stiched himself back up after he was shot by Peter (like Claire) or have a robot arm or something. Anything would have been better than Peter just flying off with nor repercussions.

[quote name='Nadie' post='1697291' date='Feb 23 2009, 21.32']Oh, and the bald Hunter guy and HRG need to have a no holds-bar cage match. Now. Its the only way to save this story line.[/quote]

Now THIS would be worth watching!

[quote name='Bolton Bastard' post='1698052' date='Feb 24 2009, 13.01']Rather enjoyed the episode. Until, of course, they had the great painting of Washington blowing up on the floor. Really? We have a rather interesting villain, a unifying situation, and a feasible if twisted plot. STOP BLOWING UP CITIES!!![/quote]

You know, it would have been great if it was simply a metaphor: Nathan's plan of using the government to do the dirty work will be bad for the country! But instead, it's a recycled idea. Granted, to a degree, Parkman's wailing upon the camera panning down to the image held a slight tinge of "Again...?" but it wasn't enough.

At this point HRG and Bald Hunter having buttsecks couldn't even save this show. Of course Daphne is alive - because no one on Heroes can EVER DIE.

I love the jumping across the US in a matter of seconds. Mohinder and Parkman go from the East Coast to California without being detected, Peter flies back and forth across the US in the blink of an eye. This makes the jet-hopping of Alias look realistic and gritty. The only good thing about this ep was the fact that Mohinder and Peter actually stayed in character and behaved like total morons. Because god knows that the show would come to a halt if even character actually got a clue.

At this point, I don't care enough to go back and check, but when Daphne got shot, didn't she get hit once in the shoulder and then four or five more times in the chest? I really seem to remember more shots being fired and her body jolting to each one.

And it's bad enough when they gave Parkman a second power out of nowhere, but making him repeat not just the exact some plot as every other season (future painting/vision shows something's going to blow up), but the exact same method, location, colors, etc. of the first season? That's just too much. If Fuller can pull this show out of the dark and rancid place it has lodged, it could be one of the bigest TV miracles ever.

Archived