Ever had somebody burglarize your home while you were taking a crap?

Lord O' Bones

This story delivered! Since your previous avatar was a picture of yourself, I had some wonderful visuals to go along with it. :blush:

Glad you were okay, but did you ever end up calling the police?

Bones, funny (and sad) story. That no one stopped is boggling. That she asked for ten bucks? Crazy.

Glad no one was hurt or arrested, save for her I suppose. You should have called the police - if nothing else just to get it on record as I'm guessing this wasn't the first time or the last time that she'll try it.

Ok, two things:

1) You didn't mention if she was black and/or roving

2) If I were you, I'd get one big gun to keep in each room of the house. That way, the next time this happens, you can kill the intruder dead, or at least have a shoot-out.

3) My addendum to this hilarious story would have been to call the cops yourself leaving the gender/ethnicity of the perpetrator ambiguous, and greet the po-po wearing nothing but a bathtowel and a baseball bat. If they asked for ID, you could just yell "Is this how you treat a half-naked man brandishing a baseball bat in America?" That would be a great way to test this theory I have about a post-racial, post-feminist USA.

The locked door. My roomate and I had never bothered to lock the door when one of us was home. Apparently, this policy is made of FAIL, and has been changed.

The lighter, was a shitty BIC that I leave on the porch. I have many others. But the irony of that moment was almost heartbreaking.

Laugh away! I waited eight hours to post this for the sense of violation and fear to give way to the sense of hilarity that will be this story's legacy.

please tell me you took the car's license plate and called the police....

and I sympathize with your feelings of outrage and violation.

eta. always keep your door locked!

or a pair of sweat pants or something readily available. Running outside wearing nothing but a handi-wipe and a Louisville slugger...

I guess my only question, based on prior conversations on the board - can he wear white socks with that outfit?

Must be nice living in a place where you feel like you don't have to keep your door locked all the time. I leave my door unlocked, but only when I'm expecting students. Otherwise, it's locked. All the time. If living in Brooklyn taught me anything, it's to lock the damn door. People who need to get in will still be able to get in.

Glad you're not hurt, Bones, and that you were able to er, recuperate and run outside. Been eating a lot of fiber lately? :P

Crazy ... just crazy. Glad it turned out ok. :lol:

It made me think of my uncle though - he lives in a small town in Iowa and he never - NEVER - locks his door unless he is going to be gone for the day or longer. It has always boggled my mind. Kind of like leaving your car unlocked when you stop at a gas station - my friends does that and it makes me feel so uncomfortable. It's just asking for trouble.

Perhaps next time Kat the Cat burgler, will choose her victims more carefully.

Hmph, geologist my ass!

Please. I would have asked for at least $20.

Archived