Board Notes

Ran

There seems to have been a problem with the conversion of ignore information, and some borders seem to have gotten the ignore lists of other users .... or something. It's baffling. Just clear them. :)

I think I noticed that the people who materialized on my ignore list are the same as the last five people to have viewed my profile page. I was a little (a lot) surprised that there were any names in either place, but i know for a fact that at least three of the five names were the same.

How do some people have pictures in their profile? Is that something you only get through Facebook Connect? (I have no desire to connect my Facebook to here.)

How do some people have pictures in their profile? Is that something you only get through Facebook Connect? (I have no desire to connect my Facebook to here.)

No Kat, I believe that is the personal picture. You can add one from "Edit My Profile" and choose "Change Photo."

No Kat, I believe that is the personal picture. You can add one from "Edit My Profile" and choose "Change Photo."

Hmm....when I try that with a picture of appropriate size, I just get: "The upload failed. Please notify an administrator."

Actually, I couldn't get the 'change photo' option to work. I get the same message as Kat. The photo that I currently have up is synced with my Facebook Account.

Well, I don't think the profile photos worked in the last version of the board so I'm not sure why I expected them to work now (other than seeing that some people had them.) I wonder if it has to do with uploading a photo to the board, rather than linking? I'd like to be able to use this feature; would be great if it worked like an avatar where you link the photo from another host.

Ran, when I click on the chat link, my FireFox crashes. it might be only me, though.

I think Inigima was having the same problem yesterday and had to use IE instead. I'm not having any problems with Firefox myself though :dunno:

Using Firefox and the chat isn't being a problem for me, but yeah, Chatzilla or something would work nicely. Just put in irc.noderunner.net as the address and then /join #westeros

Right, now that I have some more experience with the new forum under my belt, I have to say that I much prefer the whole forum experience now. I enabled the full MCE editor in my user CP (not sure if this was an option with the old software), and I'm really digging it since it does a very good job of guessing an appropriate style to use for the post (the enter key giving you paragraphs by default, for example). Writing a post flows more naturally now, and that's always a plus :)

I also really like the new skin. The light blues go well together with the deep reds, each post is clearly delineated from the others and the info-text beneath everyone's avatar is much more readable now than it was with the old turquoise/orange skin.

:thumbsup:

Weird question: on the old version of the board (I'm using Firefox, btw), clicking on a link in a post opened that link in a new tab; now, when I do it, it navigates from the board to the link. Any way to get it so that it opens in a new tab again? (Aside from right-clicking and using "Open Link in New Tab" obviously).

Profile photos are available only if you associate your account with Facebook Connect. Then you can use your Facebook profile photo. Instructions are here.

I promise, I read the instructions. The page indicates there should be a "Manage Facebook Connect" somewhere on my Edit Profile section. But I don't see that option anywhere. The profile tab has stuff like change signature, change photo and change avatar but nothing to do with Facebook. Based on prior posts in the thread, I gather the change photo won't work unless I do the Facebook association thing first.

I enabled the full MCE editor in my user CP (not sure if this was an option with the old software), and I'm really digging it since it does a very good job of guessing an appropriate style to use for the post (the enter key giving you paragraphs by default, for example).

Ack! I don't know what those acronyms are. What exactly did you do to make this happen? I want it!

Weird question: on the old version of the board (I'm using Firefox, btw), clicking on a link in a post opened that link in a new tab; now, when I do it, it navigates from the board to the link. Any way to get it so that it opens in a new tab again? (Aside from right-clicking and using "Open Link in New Tab" obviously).

I noticed that as well (to my dismay), but wasn't sure if this had already been mentioned. I'll admit that I appreciated the automatic tabbing, although obviously the right-click workaround isn't that a big a burden.

Archived