Survivor: Heroes vs Villians

Lord of Oop North

I loved Rupert when he originally played, but I was over him by the finale of that season. Every time I've seen him after that has driven another nail in his coffin for me. Quit shoving him down my throat please. In JT's defense, it worked gangbusters for him when he won. Everyone was falling over themselves to get JT further in the game - it was like he cast a spell on them. I am more ok with JT using a charming personality and smile over someone like Parvati who has (from what I can tell) less personality and cuddles up with alpha males at night and rubs her tits all over them.

The person responsible for pairing Coach Moments and music should be awarded an Emmy.

Wasn't Coach the one doing the chanting in that meditation scene? I watched the episode again on a west coast channel last night just to confirm my suspicions that the fool was the one doing the chanting and he was!

Jerri: I want to just punch her face in.

My wife hates, hates, hates Jerri. Like forever. Like yelling at her through the TV. Ever since I made her watch season 2, she has hated this woman. Still does. And she doesn't ever feel that way about people on TV. So weird.

And I am now convinced that James has 'roid rage.

Totally. James was uber-douche last night. Aside from all his tantruming, his assery at the Challenge was way over the top. Congratulations James. You easily overpowered an old man. Then threw your padding on top of him. Then yelled at him to stay in the mud. Super duper classy, champion.

Seriously, how hard is it not to see that helping the Randy up would have been a million times the smarter move?

I don't think James threw the padding on Randy but rather let it go as he just pushed the old guy out of the ring. It looked like it was one smooth motion there, and a hilarious one at that because the whole pairing itself was a ridiculous mismatch. James's smack-talk was in no way worse than Coach's roars after thinking that he won in his tilt against Rupert. It only looked worse because James showed absolutely no mercy for an old wedding photographer. I laugh at the sheer and utter simplicity of James taking down a guy I didn't like in the first place.

I think this season demonstrates how favorable editors make people look. Guys like James, Jerri, and Rupert were REALLY heavily edited to look a certain way for the fans. Now that the editors have incentive to make the heroes look like they're cracking, they show the real douchebag that James is, and how Rupert is not-as-loveable as one would think.

I agree the teams are smarts vs strength. I think that challenge was rigged for sure, basically to guarentee a heroes win. They probably expected the villians to put up more of a fight, but the women on the villians team are just extremely weak, and the men besides Tyson and Coach are pretty weak as well (compared to the physical beasts on the heroes tribe).

Everyone on the game has been there before, and with the exception of Russel they should know how these guys play. I think Parvati, Cerie and Amanda are by far the best strategic players in the game. EVERYONE should be trying to get them out. Russel is more of a bully, and his shit doesn't seem to work as well this season. Rob, is probably another guy you want to get rid of pretty soon. On the heroes side those players were the ONLY ones to play the game aggressively with backstabbing, therefore are not to be trusted when the villians join up. I don't understand why they'd care about candice when Cerie is sitting there who's ready to win this thing.

I don't think James threw the padding on Randy but rather let it go as he just pushed the old guy out of the ring. It looked like it was one smooth motion there, and a hilarious one at that because the whole pairing itself was a ridiculous mismatch. James's smack-talk was in no way worse than Coach's roars after thinking that he won in his tilt against Rupert. It only looked worse because James showed absolutely no mercy for an old wedding photographer. I laugh at the sheer and utter simplicity of James taking down a guy I didn't like in the first place.

Well, Coach is hardly one to set the bar for how to behave, no? :P

And I didn't watch Randy's season, so he may be a giant buttcrack - but James came off looking like a dude caught in the grips of some serious anger issues.

Funny, Probst's blogtook offense to James' behavior but gave coach a pass - basically because he's Coach and he's insane. But maybe also because Coach and Rupert were more evenly matched.

“The Most Embarrassing” match: It’s now official. James has clearly lost his mind. It’s el gonzo. It was the most lopsided match of the challenge. There was no doubt who was going to win. James knocked Randy off with one small push and then…he threw his bag on top of him and as always had to have the last word. “Get your f—ing old ass outta here.” Sorry James but this is where I get off the James train. It’s not that I think Randy is the nicest guy in the world either, but that was just unnecessary and truly ugly.

And now…to the greatest moment of the episode…

“The I Can’t Hear You, Jeff, Because I’m Too Busy Posing For The Camera” match: Coach, you are a gem. You are the greatest. I loved this moment when it happened. I love it even more now that it’s on my TiVo and I can watch it over and over and over and over.

Hopefully you all saw what happened. The rules state that both hands must be on the bag at all times. One of Coach’s hands slipped off the bag and inadvertently helped push Rupert off the platform. A technicality yes, but still an enforceable rule. So we had to play again. But Coach didn’t hear me and went into a 30-second pose down that was absolutely brilliant. One of his best ever and his reaction when he found out it was all for naught was even better.

And here’s something I’ll admit. When Coach flipped me off it didn’t bother me. I understood it to be in the heat of the moment and not really directed at me so much as it was just frustration in general. It could bring up the question: Am I holding James to a different standard? I certainly don’t feel like I am. I feel like James’ attacks have been very personal, but I’m aware that it could seem like a double standard. Whatever it says about me, I didn’t find Coach’s flip-off to be ugly, but as already stated, I think James has blown a gasket.

I'm just watching the episode now, and they are replaying one of my favorite challenges ever. I just wish it was done with more balanced teams. Although there were a few that the villains maybe should have won, they were all close matchups (like Danielle vs. Amanda or Parvati vs. Candace), and the ones that the heroes should have won were absolute blowouts. I was really only disappointed that Boston Rob lost to Colby. I loved how he dominated Colby in All-Stars and was hoping for a repeat. James was a total ass too. And it was obvious that he threw the thing at Randy. Randy was in the mud, and then James chucked the bag at him.

It wasn't nearly as good as in Palau, which had a few awesome moments. I loved when Coby, the gay hairdresser, dominated James the steelworker. Or when Ibrehem failed poorly on his first go, only to explode out of the gates on the second one and send his opponent flying into the water.

Courtney's parting shot "I told you you were on the wrong team, James" was perfect. And Rupert's roars were downright annoying. I've always been a villains fan, but this episode really cemented it.

Randy was such a non-entity this season, it's really too bad. He is such a great curmudgeon.

Randy wasn't nearly as annoying this go-round. And there was zero drama, for me at least, going into the vote. He never stood a chance, and really, why they invited him is beyond me. Sure, he was annoying in his season but there have been far better male villains. I'd have loved to see Jonathan back for another go-round.

I like the dynamics they're setting up. JT as the backstabbing villain of the Heroes tribe? Who would have considered it? James the roid raging uber-douche? A far cry from the "gentle giant" they edited him to look like before. And Boston Rob with the greatest Hero edit in the game thus far?

I don't think James threw the padding on Randy but rather let it go as he just pushed the old guy out of the ring. It looked like it was one smooth motion there

If the motion included raising the padding over his head and slamming it down, because that's what he did. It was a dick move.

I also like that they only do one challenge. Much more time for characters and storylines to develop and I wish they would adopt this format permanently. I find the camp life to be much more interesting than listening to Jeff's play by play of the crap they make them do.

In theory I agree with you but in an odd way, I feel like I know LESS (and care less) this season about the politics and inter-relations inside the clans.

Maybe it will pick up further ahead

Maybe it's the cast

Or maybe it's me

I was dying laughing how Danielle got mud on her buck teeth... :lmao:

I'm a big fan of Rob after he was on the amazing race.

Danielle has an unfortunate mouth. The rest of her is amazing, though. Mud on her face really didn't do anything for her though.

Well, we all know where I stand on Russell. I actually like Parvati, but was rooting against her last night because I am looking forward to the part where Russell gets completely pwned by Boston Rob. Well, at least I'm hoping that will happen.

Although I have to say Russell stealing the machete was amusing. It would be even more amusing if someone found it while digging for an II, but a girl can only hope.

I think I might be the only person in the world who actually wants to see Coach win. I can see that some of you are starting to enjoy watching him, but you just want him to stick around so you can continue to be entertained. I've moved beyond that, to actually cheering for him.

Move aside, Coach is mine. :love:

I am more ok with JT using a charming personality and smile over someone like Parvati who has (from what I can tell) less personality and cuddles up with alpha males at night and rubs her tits all over them.

I love her. She is the only female on the show that would be able to use and abuse me in the game. I would just "melt". Sorry... I am just weak. :) I think she is actually a terrific player. She uses her strengths to get farther in the game. She has sex appeal and she knows how to use it, That is not a crime. I loved how coach was talking crap to her about how he was his own man and he would not fall for he "flirting" ways and within a few minutes he was all gaga over her and laughing and joking with her. She had him eating out of her hand within a few minutes and he never had a clue or chance to stop it. Who was it, Jerry, who said that she needed to figure out what it is that Parvati has and bottle it. That was a great line. If they don't get rid of her soon they will lose all control over the situation just like they did the last time she played the game.

Now my all time favorite player is Boston Rob. I hope he gets that's stupid, knuckle head Russell off the show quickly. I can not stand that ass wipe. He is so full of himself it's not even funny. Yes he had a great season last year but he is not the best that has ever played and its just a matter of time till this cast boots him out on his ass and I really hope that it is Boston Rob that masterminds that execution.

If the motion included raising the padding over his head and slamming it down, because that's what he did. It was a dick move.

Yeah it was on again today and I saw it again and you're right. It was a dick move but I still liked it. ;)

Using Survivor as a microcosm for the human experience, I have to appreciate the themes of leadership as represented by Boston Rob.

Rob is a leader, he just is. It is natural to him. Politics made him shy away from asserting himself but he had his revelation and when he asserts himself good things happen.

Frustrated, he stepped forward and made a fire. He finally said "fuck it" and started barking orders which led his team to victory in the immunity challenge. Being a leader makes you a target, there's no question about that but a lack of leadership also leads to destruction.

I see the Heroes as having a number of potential leaders who are all hanging back because they know that no one is more underhanded than a leader who is supplanted. In other words, Colby isn't going to lead because that is the surest way to Tom's wrath and visa versa.

Russell has some qualities of a leader but he sees the potential for being targeted and chooses a more subtle game of leading without appearing to lead. This would work out fine in the absence of a natural leader but on a team with Rob, I think he is doomed.

Following my logic, Rob will have no greater enemy than Russell because Russell will take the most offense at Rob's leadership.

I'm not much for predictions. Probst says in his blog that Rob and Russell need to team up and dominate and he is very likely right but they seem to be destined for a power struggle. There is a disconnect between being the winner of the game and being the "best Survivor player ever" and I think they are both prioritizing the title over the win.

Anyway, so many strong personalities on this show. I look forward to seeing it play out.

I agree, being a leader in this game really makes you a target and unlikely to win probably. It's suprising since the opposite is true in real life, where you WANT a strong leader, and can't fail your way to success. I wonder how much the game would change if it was for $100K instead of $1M, and it lasted a year instead of a month. Would you really want no leader for a year stuck on some desert island? You'd see a lot less votes based on "who's a threat" when you're hungry and living in a shitty shelter.

I'm a little sad that nothing has come of the machette theft. That strategy worked so well in Russells first season. Instead every jokes about it "The Machette grew legs and walked off HAHAHAHHAAH". I'm hoping he can get Boston Rob's hat. Hopefully that will start the shake-up.

So how many of you think that Probst influenced J.T. in that tribal council? I know he was wavering before and that little talk Probst had with the castaways really cemented his decision.

as much as I like the one voted out, I'm glad to see the stronger players being left in.

Also, THERE'S NO CRYING IN DRAGON SLAYING! WTF??

Archived