Survivor: Heroes vs Villians

Lord of Oop North

I think the image from this episode that really stuck in my mind (aside from the lovely oiled bodies) would have to be the sheer idiocy drawn across Amanda's face. She really did not come off as a bright person.

This. Amanda got such positive edits in her last seasons that it made it seem like she was partially in control, but the way both JT and then Cirie played her in this episode makes her appear like she was a dummy all along. It completely destroys any credentials she had before, and I was a guy who tried to make an argument that she was one of the best of all time. This episode proves that she really is just a pretty pawn who is dragged along to the endgame because she's a pretty, but stupid pawn. She really has to make a massive move on her own to prove that she deserves the status she has from being in the final tribals two seasons in a row.

Also, I like that while Russell has still gotten the popular edit this season (with his whole "King Russell B.S.) he still comes across as a giant douche. Because he surely is a giant douche.

I totally agree with Tsavong Lah, Boston Rob is the best personality to have come out of this show. I really hope that his heroic edit thus far in the game means he goes the distance. Him and JT (who has stepped out of his "Stephen was the mastermind for me" role) are my favorites so far.

I don't think Amanda was put in that bad a light. It wasn't flattering, no, but they did show her scheming with Todd her first season. Perhaps she's just gotten lucky in her choice of allies and they played up her strategic role so as to make her seem worthy of reaching the final council. I've never been convinced she is as strategic as she has been shown because of her final tribal council showings. All she does is put on the pouty face and tear up when she thinks of all the bad things she has done. She so sorry, you know. If she were truly playing hard, she'd have come up with something - anything - but that. Not a huge fan of hers, but I don't dislike her (except for the aforementioned pouty face routine). And I think she's rather boring in a season with big personalities. I'd personally rather watch Parvati get further than her (and I don't like Parv, but she's got personality - which they really aren't showing so far)

Russell screwed up big time. Both on dropping the clue and being so obvious about going to look for the idol.

I've been thinking on it for a bit and I really don't think it was that bad a move on his part. He has Parvati and the Donkey on his side and if he gets the idol, 3 votes are enough to stop one of his side from going out. At that point (especially if he makes it known that yes indeed, he has the idol) the opposing side would need to either split their votes 3-3 (if all 6 are actually against him) or risk him just giving the idol to whomever they target by default. If they do 3-3 then all he needs is one person to flip and then Russel-Parv-Donkey-whomever are dominant in Villains because Sandra will never allow a tie and so will vote with them afterwards. Come to think of it, perhaps Sandra would flip given the 3-3-3 tie already in that scenario.

Interesting episode. Given how poorly the Heroes have fared this season, it is a risk to keep James around.

It's funny to see how Russel changes once he had an immunity idol in his pocket. I'm looking forward to the inevitable showdown with Rob.

I admit I giggled at "Dragonwarrior Chi", but the whole King/Knight thing with Coach was beyond belief.

Interesting episode. Given how poorly the Heroes have fared this season, it is a risk to keep James around.

They better have a nice physical challenge next so that Colby can lay it out that they were wrong to send tom home... but knowing survivor, they will have another challenge that allows James to sit.

They better have a nice physical challenge next so that Colby can lay it out that they were wrong to send tom home... but knowing survivor, they will have another challenge that allows James to sit.

Why did Colby sit out the reward challenge? Did the heroes just not care about chocolate enough and decided to rest Colby for the immunity challenge later on?

The Russell v Rob showdown hopefully makes for good plot, though it does seem like Russell is unaware of the fact that he's not dealing with his original passive playing Samoa tribe.

Why did Colby sit out the reward challenge? Did the heroes just not care about chocolate enough and decided to rest Colby for the immunity challenge later on?

The Russell v Rob showdown hopefully makes for good plot, though it does seem like Russell is unaware of the fact that he's not dealing with his original passive playing Samoa tribe.

I'd assume Colby sat out cause he couldn't give a shit. I'd be the same, the only reward is chocolate? Even if I was forced to play I wouldn't have played and risked injury. Just a stupid, stupid, reward.

As to Russell vs. Rob, Rob is done. Russell now has good enough numbers with the idol. The showdown is over already. Too bad as I like Rob but not looking for the idol was dumb.

Man, JT is proving again and again that Stephen really was the brains behind their operation. Unless he's drastically changed his game play this time around just for the hell of it, he is making Stephen look better and better.

What a dumb, dumb move by the Heroes, and Tom explained it perfectly. James is a loyal vote and that's all that matters. Not that he's probably going to cost them future challenges because he can't move faster than a slow limp. And really, why would JT and Candice even care? JT was right when he told her they had all the power. Why side with Amanda/Rupert/James when they could have forged their own powerful four-person alliance and forced Amanda and Rupert to side with them or else.

Amanda is absolutely the most powerful player in the history of the game. Not because of her physical, mental or strategic prowess, but because no one wants to see her pathetic puppy dog eyes until the final tribal council when that's all she is able to provide.

Ah well, no Hero has a chance in hell of winning this game. Hell, a three-person final and thus 11-person jury is the only chance any of them probably have of even making the jury.

As to Russell vs. Rob, Rob is done. Russell now has good enough numbers with the idol. The showdown is over already. Too bad as I like Rob but not looking for the idol was dumb.

Unfortunately, this is true. With Coach now on Russell's side (and how incredibly cheesy and corny and Coachy was that kneeling?), Russell will know when he's being targeted as Rob probably still believes Coach is on his side.

I'd assume Colby sat out cause he couldn't give a shit.

Maybe, but that only makes his chocolate sample refusing and jacked-up, "Don't need it. Let's go!" comment back to Probst all the more absurd.

He's a dufus.

Colby's always been a doofus. He collaborated in voting out his team's strongest player at the first vote in Outback. It's doubtful he would have made it past the merge vote except that Michael fell into the fire.

Russel and Rob show interesting similarities. Both were the schemers on their original tribes. It could be argued that their scheming weakened their tribes to the point that they went into the merge severly undermanned (if I remember correctly, Rob kept the dumb girl with big boobs and sent the ex-marine packing). Both stirred up enough trouble to partially expose the chinks in the other team's alliance(s). The major difference was that there were no hidden immunity idols during Rob's original season, so he was sent home fairly quickly, while Russel survived and ended up eating the opposing tribe alive.

From the edit, Rob is central in the Villain's victory-run. It'll be interesting if that's truly the case.

EDIT: went to go watch that Tyson video (which further weakens Rob's position in the tribe, IMO) -- and ended up watching the Dragonslayer Chi extended video as well. My wife, who is Korean, recognized the Chinese characters under Coach's arm -- they mean "God". No surprise, I guess...

I don't know about anyone else, but I was dying with laughter during the immunity challenge when James was yelling and completely freaking out when Rupert was bringing back the last piece. His voice was almost entirely hoarse and he was waving his arms around. It was ridiculous.

Keeping James was a huge mistake by JT (as well swearing to everybody that he was going to vote for who they wanted him to). JT's scheming and double dealing will likely bite him in the ass very soon.

The "Tyson as Rob's new Amber" video was pretty funny.

James' knee will not be better in "a few days" - to me it looks like he ruptured his ACL. I was quite surprised that they repeated that challenge, it was pretty brutal the first time around.

I can't wait until the merge, it should be great fun.

James' knee will not be better in "a few days" - to me it looks like he ruptured his ACL.

Nah, not ACL. One of the medic people mentioned James' lateral collateral ligament which, when injured, results in joint instability. I tore mine the week before college graduation and I was hobbling around fine with one of those huge velcro knee brace things just like James had. Which, by the way, I thought was really unfair to give him. If you can't cut it without medical equipment, then your ass should be out of the game imo. If he hobbled back to camp on a splint he made of branches and leaves and bat poop, that's cool, but I think giving him a full leg brace interfered with the game too much.

Maybe, but that only makes his chocolate sample refusing and jacked-up, "Don't need it. Let's go!" comment back to Probst all the more absurd.

He's a dufus.

Yeah. He's dead to me.

He's been a complete douchebag this go-around, only surpassed by Rupert.

Nah, not ACL. One of the medic people mentioned James' lateral collateral ligament which, when injured, results in joint instability. I tore mine the week before college graduation and I was hobbling around fine with one of those huge velcro knee brace things just like James had. Which, by the way, I thought was really unfair to give him. If you can't cut it without medical equipment, then your ass should be out of the game imo. If he hobbled back to camp on a splint he made of branches and leaves and bat poop, that's cool, but I think giving him a full leg brace interfered with the game too much.

When I tore my ACL the first two doctors I saw diagnosed it as an MCL tear (the urgent car doc first then my PCP confirmed it but sent me for an MRI anyways), and the MRI showed no MCL tear, or LCL tear, or meniscus damage - only the ACL rupture. Knee injuries are tricky, and I wouldn't trust any diagnosis in the wilderness. Even if it is just and LCL tear, he's not going to be "100% in a few days" as he asserted to Amanda (and why she kept him in the game - per her confessional that they put up on cbs.com).

How long did yours take to heal? Was it ruptured or just a partial tear?

It is very strange that they gave him that brace, very strange.

Yeah, the Heroes (well, JT) are stupid for keeping James in the game under those circumstances. I can understand why Amanda and Rupert wanted to keep their ally (since JT is so wishy-washy), but JT would've been better off keeping someone who could walk.

Still want the villains to lose so we can focus on their (far more interesting) camp life and politics. More Coach! More Rob! Less Russell!

If he hobbled back to camp on a splint he made of branches and leaves and bat poop

LMAO, that is hilarious.

I watched the last episode drunk, and have no idea what you guys are talking about... :tantrum:

Archived