Lost season 6

Gertrude

Not the mercenaries on the freighter. The real military in the '50s that brought jughead to the island.

My bad :blush:

Those guys should be a lot easier to tie into the Jacob continuity as that was when he was already in the series. Not entirely sure how though so your guesses are better than mine.

Wouldn't it make sense that one or another of the army guys were meant to be at the island as potential candidates? That the group as a whole thought they were going to one island and ended on The Island instead...?

Wouldn't it make sense that one or another of the army guys were meant to be at the island as potential candidates? That the group as a whole thought they were going to one island and ended on The Island instead...?

If I remember correctly from the Lostpedia list, a couple of the army guys were listed as candidates in Jacob's cave/lighthouse.

And video proof to decide the Nestor Carbonell/eyeliner debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkuq3_dcmo0

*sigh*

The spoilers are killing me. Why do I not have any willpower?

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything, I just had to...well...*sigh* and hit myself on the head a few times.

I did the SAME THING.

You read DarkUFO's today, didn't you?

Damn that "Are You Sure?" button. It's so tempting, I can't say no!

]

I did the SAME THING.

You read DarkUFO's today, didn't you?

Damn that "Are You Sure?" button. It's so tempting, I can't say no!

Yes I did...*sigh* At least I'm in good company. I think after the "Are You Sure?" button there should be another button that reads "Are You Really REALLY SURE?????"

Re: Spoilers,

Eh. It wasn't that surprising to me.

I'm guessing that folks are butthurt about the deaths. Sun...isnt' really a loss at this point. Her character has been entirely superfluous for years now, and it sucks hard that they've not been able to figure out something...ANYTHING to do with her. But her dying? It's just not that big a deal.

Sayid dying sucks. But after he went bad, it's not a surprise.

Widmore was gonna die.

Ilana is not that surprising either. I suspect she dies at the hands of Ben.

The rest of it isn't that 'new', I guess. The sub blows up - shit, every sub blows up on Lost. That's just what subs do. Finding out that Locke could've been made into a MiB just if he had fallen down that hole a bit more is interesting.

Kal,

I'm not shocked by them, either, but I am...(DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED FOR EPISODES 10-16)

greatly saddened by hearing that Sayid bites it before the finale. That really really blows. I love him, I know he's a killer, and a torturer, but dammit...it's Sayid. With the puppy dog eyes. And the awesome acting.

I think the biggest thing about Sun dying is whether or not Jin dies as well, or shortly after her. No one said that...and I'm curious what someone meant about her dying like Charlie did - what, drowning? To save them all?

I'm actually relieved to hear that Desmond is still alive for the finale.

I could give a less shit about shipper stuff, so blah...but where are Ben and Richard?!

After reading these, it just seems that the alt that we've been watching is the reset that Jack originally hoped for...but instead of an easy out (like Jughead blows up and bam! Reset!), everyone is going to have to redeem themselves through sacrifice...and they will be rewarded by the Alt.

I'm really interested in the MiB/Jacob episode even more, now.

And also, I'm stoked that we actually get a definitive answer on the whispers. It seems like a cool thing, with Michael talking to Hurley.

All in all, I'm not sad I read them...on the contrary, I'm even more stoked for these last 9 episodes.

Re: Spoilers,

I agree, none of it was really surprising.

I think its just seeing it in black and white and knowing that...is...it. So the suspense and the guessing and the not knowing - i.e. most of the fun - is over.

But on the other hand, now I can just sit back and try to enjoy rest of the show for what it is instead of obsessing over what it might be.

lady narcissa,

I think the great thing about how it was done was that there is a lot of blanks to fill in, even with the spoiler info, lady n. Like, nothing was fully drawn in black and white...and didn't you love how

Adam and Eve were mentioned like a dozen times and no one leaked who they were?!!!

Plus, we have the entire finale to think about.

I feel a sense of relief reading them, and yes, I'm going to enjoy the end of the ride now, too. I'm like a boyscout when it comes to these things - better to be prepared. :)

And also, I'm stoked that we actually get a definitive answer on the whispers. It seems like a cool thing, with Michael talking to Hurley.

I don't think that Michael is talking to Hurley. The way I interpreted that was that Michael was one of the people that heard the whispers a lot. Hurley was as well. That was used just to give clarification. I could be wrong.

After reading these, it just seems that the alt that we've been watching is the reset that Jack originally hoped for...but instead of an easy out (like Jughead blows up and bam! Reset!), everyone is going to have to redeem themselves through sacrifice...and they will be rewarded by the Alt.

I'm really interested in the MiB/Jacob episode even more, now.

The alt is clearly the reset Jack hoped for (the 'it worked' comment from Juliet cinches that. Its relevance is less clear. I don't think people get to die in the real world and get redemption or a happy ending there. I think that it's not so cut and dried. My gut feeling is that at the end of the show, someone (probably Jack, sigh) is going to have to choose. To end this world or that world. To choose between killing everything and everyone here - or choose to stop the world he created.

Oh...god. That's a horrifying idea, isn't it? That Jack created the altverse, and is that world's version of Jacob?

I think the great thing about how it was done was that there is a lot of blanks to fill in, even with the spoiler info, lady n. Like, nothing was fully drawn in black and white...and didn't you love how

Adam and Eve were mentioned like a dozen times and no one leaked who they were?!!!

I agree there is still a lot to be filled in and I do agree

that it is cool we still have yet to find out about Adam and Eve and the Whispers, etc. But between the spoilers today and interviews in previous weeks with actors about what hasn't been filmed yet and thus most likely isn't going to be filmed or addressed on Lost I feel like a lot of answers have been given that really shut the doors on a lot of possibilities. And it just takes some adjusting of expectations. I'm sure I'll get there. I eventually got there with Alias.

Do agree with the above two posts, be careful with those spoilers. Just spoiler everything instead of saying "Yeah it's pretty sad that ****** and ***** AND ******* ALL die in episode *********!"

Looking forward to tonights episode, it should be good. The pace should be picking up now, what with only 8 episodes left. Or at least, I hope it will, otherwise I'll start to worry :P And I'm hoping that, before the end, all our main losties will be together again :)

[mod] Two things:

1) USE SPOILER TEXT for everything you're discussing -- spoilers and significant reactions to spoilers. In other words, don't be a jerk and exercise some courtesy for those who haven't seen the season yet.

2) If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click on the spoiler button. It's that simple.

[/mod]

Ohhhh ... the buttons ... calling. Damn it

I will ask that you guys try not to let the spoilers sneak into the (unspoilered) discussions of the show. Not that I think you would, but I don't want to try and guess if you're saying something because you know it, or if it's one of those areas that's not fleshed out in the spoilers. Just being proactive.

I looked at a few spoilers early on, but I am going to try my damndest to avoid them from here on out.

Yeah, I didn't realize that the spoilers were that spoilery when I clicked on the buttons.

I guess I'm pissed off, but I'm so going to use these against someone I don't like who's a huge fan of the show. Maybe my ex. That'll show her for dumping me. :D

Yeah, those spoilers are spoilers that will ruin the rest of the show. Do not look at them, please.

Being Unbowed, Unbent, Unspoilt, I'm curious about tonight's episode on whether MiB will try another Faustian deal with Sun or Jin. And of the two, who is the more likey to take a deal?

Archived