MLB 2012 Regular Season: Lime Green, Dancing Girls, Trampolines and Parking Lots

kairparavel

yeah, really and truly sad.

that time the expos looked really good for a good portion of the season but were deprived of the chance to either implode and not make the playoffs or to lose in the playoffs. sorry, this was not to be the year of the montreal tickertape parade hoisting the world series trophy attended by...dozens.

We're about to have a domestic here.

Bye for now.

Shut up Jax. If the Cubs ever manage to win a game we'll never hear the end of it.

Look, I don't control Caliban.

so let me get this right...

i am looking at a three team trade with the rangers, the bosox, and the dodgers. the dodgers will receive beltre and gonzalez. boston gets loney and your two nuts, your cock and uribe will be going to the rangers. i feel this is a deal we can make happen. please be careful. don't get injured or any stds. only the dodgers will happily and willingly trade for a obviously injured or diseased cock and balls.

Now this is fucking banter, not a facebook status update stroking you all are engaging in.

The Nats should be pretty damn good this year. They've got three solid starting pitchers and sticks up and down that lineup. If Strasburg can stay healthy they'll contend for that division.

My heart goes out to you, Jax. My Giants are 0-2 and the starting pitching has coughed it up early.

The Nats will hang around through at least the All Star Break and they'll do so by curb stomping lower end teams like the Cubs. I hate that the Cubs are a lower end team right now. But it won't last forever.

I've known all along that it was going to be a long year, but it hurts to see the Cubs blow two leads in two days with the same two veteran pitchers. I got no problems with the moves. Wood and Marmol implode on Thursday, put them back on the horse on Saturday. Didn't work either? Then time to try something a little different on Sunday.

Deep breaths.....deep breaths.

Ok, I am better. Baseball season is almost here! (those games in Japan? can't really count them)

Looking forward to this season as a Brewer fan to see if they are a legit team. Loosing Prince was a big deal but I am not so sure it will make THAT big of a difference. Getting Ramirez at 3B should help offset it as he is basically replacing a guy that hit .225 all year and Gamel has been looking good. If that guy can hit .265 with 20HR and 60-70RBI I think we should match Prince and Casey's production from last year. Combine that with the best pitching staff this side of Philly and I think (hope!) we should be 90 win worthy. Will this win us the Central? Probably not, but I think it will show that Milwaukee has gone from being a "haha...PRO baseball?" team to a good, respectable team.

Here's to hoping!

No one person can replace Prince, but I think it is quite likely that Ramirez, Gamel and Gonzales should match the numbers McGehee, Fielder and Bettancourt put up. In addition every one of them is as good or better defensively... and if Gomez can get it together at the plate ... to dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe...

Hey now, no reason to drag the best damn hot dog in the baseball into this.

I just wanted to let you know that the best hotdogs in the entire world are made at Wrigley field. They are made only for that venue, and you can not find them anywhere else. I lived down the street from the ballpark for a few years, and there are times that I bought tickets to a game just to go in and get some. There is nothing else like them.

I would like to note that the Mariner's are on top of the AL West, thats right, who were those two teams who were going to be the only ones who had a chance? Because right now, its the M's all alone on top...

Ok, so the Mariners have been hitting the heck out of the ball in the first two game since the season started, (although not so much in those two games in Japan, but hey, they went a long way, and when they got back, three or four starters were sick. Not making excuses, just saying.) That said, there is a real challenge waiting for the Mariners up next when they go to Texas to face the Rangers, it will be interesting to see how they handle Yu Darvish.

I flipped over to MLB network just in time to watch Boston's meltdown today. It was glorious.

Isn't it amazing how quickly Boston went from everyone's favorite team to one of everyone's least favorite after they finally won it all in 2004?

It's not a perfect analogy, but it almost reminds me of people hoping that Obama's election would lead to some post-racial harmony when what it really did was blow the lid off how racist of a country we still were. Boston finally winning it all unmasked how unlikeable everyone would find their fanbase once forced to take a real look at it. :)

A very nice first weekend for St. Louis. Wainwright getting a win would have been nice, but there's no shame losing a pitcher's dual to Greinke. Beltran is really hot to start the year. Man, if he's healthy...

I flipped over to MLB network just in time to watch Boston's meltdown today. It was glorious.

Isn't it amazing how quickly Boston went from everyone's favorite team to one of everyone's least favorite after they finally won it all in 2004?

Pretty sure I drove by what remained of someone burning Valentine & Beckett in ephigy this morning.

Not surprisingly, folks are all ready calling for valentine to be fired, Beckett to be traded & I think somone wanted to see if Nomah could lace up his cleats and take groundballs at short.

What is it, for the first time in 50ish years both the Yankees and Sox started 0-3? If they both lose one more game Connecticut and W Mass may turn into disaster zones as peoples heads hasplode from P-town to Poughkeepsie.

So, we waive Sergio Santos four years ago when he was a mediocre AA shortstop, and now we trade for him to be a closer and expect it to end well? I'll continue to give JP Ricciardi the benefit of the doubt, but... 2.1 IP, 0-1, 0 saves, 4 H, 4 BB, 4 ER, 1 SO, 3.00 WHIP, 15.43 ERA. Yeesh.

Archived