Sorry to everyone

imladolen

I realize I have been a serious effing asshole the last couple of days. I really do apologize for the nasty shit I said (and if you don't know what I'm talking about, never mind).

I know I was making some nasty blanket comments, which a moderator has wisely deleted.

Not completely sure why my anger levels have been so high recently; I thought my little vacation out of state would alleviate some of that, but in many ways, things I saw on my vacation just made my anger worse.

I do think part of it has to do with election year politics (which usually riles me up some), but that doesn't explain it all (nor does it justify my comments on a certain couple of threads the past couple of days).

I suspect that some of my anger issues lately (both online and IRL) stem from my usual longterm bipolar cycling. If I find myself getting worse, I will try to avoid posting on the General Chat forum, or at least on any threads on topics that get my goat.

If I fail at avoiding those topics when angry, I will be asking the mods to ban my account for a while, since I know I probably won't be able to stay away on my own (yes, I know that this is a sign of lack of willpower).

Does anyone even know if it is possible to be banned from one forum on Westeros (General Chatter) but not the others (Literature, Entertainment or the GoT show forums)?

Again, I sincerely apologize to those I offended, especially Elder Sister, LilyinTX and Raidne and "Mr. Raidne" (not sure I know his screenname) and any others on that particular thread-- those involved know which one.

My offensiveness was unwarranted, and once I calmed down late last night, I felt like shit for being such a douchy asshole shitface.

Please accept my apology.

I'm one of those who don't know what you're talking about. But for what it's worth, everyone's been an asshole on occasion - and I'm not talking about anyone here, just that human beings sometimes act as assholes. Not so many, however, acknowledge it, own it, and apologise for it, which you did. As I said, I don't know what this is all about, but I enjoy your posts in general. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm one of those who don't know what you're talking about. But for what it's worth, everyone's been an asshole on occasion - and I'm not talking about anyone here, just that human beings sometimes act as assholes.

Nope. Not me. Never me.

I'm one of those who don't know what you're talking about. But for what it's worth, everyone's been an asshole on occasion - and I'm not talking about anyone here, just that human beings sometimes act as assholes. Not so many, however, acknowledge it, own it, and apologise for it, which you did. As I said, I don't know what this is all about, but I enjoy your posts in general. Hope you feel better soon.

what I thought, too, but expressed much more clearly.

Man, no worries. I have been called way, way worse and lots of those times I actually deserved it. :D.

But it's very cool of you to apologize, and I appreciate it. It's water under the bridge.

Hope you get to feeling better.

I have no idea what this is about because I wasn't around. I'm sure you're not as bad as the other people in this other sports forum I'm actually in where "who would you shoot in this forum" thread is actually acceptable by the moderators.

Given you're (clinically?) bipolar I think everyone should be willing to cut you some slack. Having been exposed, in an official capacity, to the highs and lows of bipolar disorder I've learned to take a very measured response to what they say and do when they are at one extreme or the other. One such person is both bipolar and Asperger's.

It can be exasperating at times (especially when the same ground gets covered in each down / up phase), but I always try to be supportive, understanding, tolerant and even tempered in my responses, but not molly coddling.

All the best with the long term management of your condition.

My understadning of how banning's work are that they cover the whole forum, not just bits of it. Best to avoid the banning, even voluntary, if you can.

Just now seeing this post, Imladolen. Thank you for the apology. I appreciate the effort and sentiment. I know it isn't easy. Consider it accepted on my part. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

L-

I shot off a rather venomous response that got deleted as well. Now I feel bad. Your apology is accepted, and I would like to extend one of my own.

But, you can look on the bright side. I'm just an asshole, and have no excuse for it. You have a legitimate medical condition that can be corrected. I am very familiar with bipolar disorders as there are a slew of people in my life that suffer from it. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Archived