Sandy - Update Reports from Boarders and News Developments

Stubby

Thank you very much. I don't care about possessions just my family and animals. We can either fix up out house or get a new one.

:grouphug: I am very happy to here you and your family all made it to saftey. I'm very sorry about your house. Please remember we are here for you in the days / weeks / months to come. If you need anything just let us know, and feel free to vent.

Echoing the comments of others regarding your house Philip, but good to see you are OK. As Pebble said, go ahead and vent if you need to.

Here's hoping that the others, like Cuellar's dad, Quoth etc are all OK.

Philip, I'm relieved to know you and your family are safe and I hope that you recover from your losses without too much difficulty.

ETA (after some thought): You know, I wasn't going to say this, because it might be taken as inappropriate at the moment, but if it's said at a later, perhaps more appropriate time, no one will pay attention. So I'll risk censure or banning or whatever happens with the hope that people understand that I'm truly not trying to be dickish and only begging that people be aware of the following:

Please, for the sake of your life and the lives of your loved ones, when the authorities tell you to leave, please, please leave.

I'm truly sorry for whatever losses people have suffered from this storm. Truly, I am. But I really feel this needs to be said, here and now.

Thank and I agree completely and would be upset if you were banned for telling the truth. My father didn't want to leave the animals and it was too late to board them. So as a result my mother and sister wouldn't leave and despite offers of shelter from friends I couldn't leave them.

I can't thank the rest of you enough for your kind words and warm wishes. I'm going to keep the venting to an appropriate minimum. There are fourteen confirmed dead on Staten Island so I'm in no position to vent or complain.

Edit: How many others haven't been heard from?

Hoboken got royally fucked in the ass, especially the SW part of town, where it floods regularly at the slightest drizzle. This time, it was epic.

Where about does your sister live, sci? (Just the area; no address. I'm no stalker.) If she lives in an apartment building, there's a fair chance I helped design it so if there's any problem with it, she can blame me. ;)

Thank and I agree completely and would be upset if you were banned for telling the truth. My father didn't want to leave the animals and it was too late to board them. So as a result my mother and sister wouldn't leave and despite offers of shelter from friends I couldn't leave them.

I can't thank the rest of you enough for your kind words and warm wishes. I'm going to keep the venting to an appropriate minimum. There are fourteen confirmed dead on Staten Island so I'm in no position to vent or complain.

Edit: How many others haven't been heard from?

You have every right and all reasons to vent even if there are others more unfortunate. Glad your near and dear are safe.

I haven't heard from my friend who is in NJ. A bit worried, but still, heard there's no power there. I don't dare to call in case she needs her phone batt or something. Sent an SMS but no reply.

Checking in from Central NJ, Somerset County - power is out in about 80% of the county which is down from 97% yesterday. Lots of trees down in many areas but everybody is pulling together thus far. VERY long lines at the gas stations.

You have every right and all reasons to vent even if there are others more unfortunate. Glad your near and dear are safe.

I haven't heard from my friend who is in NJ. A bit worried, but still, heard there's no power there. I don't dare to call in case she needs her phone batt or something. Sent an SMS but no reply.

Mobile networks have been overloaded, so there's a possibility it just never made it through. I'd send another, and also send her an email or try to ping friends of friends on FB or the like. That's how I've been able to find most of my friends in NJ, even if they can't do much in the way of communication right now.

Archived