Walking Dead Season 3, Vol. 6 {No comics spoilers in here}

MisterOJ

What was the name of the Motorhead song playing that Merle used for zombie fishing? It was NOT Ace of Spades...

Great episode tonight. I am sad to see Rooker go, but he went out like a champ. I was also a little skeptical about the Governor is bitten idea, but it does look like the show is actively trying to perpetuate it with Merle finger sandwiches. As for now, I am considering it a red herring. I think that patcheye may be around for next season. The conflict is just too good.

Coudn't catch the whole tune of course, but since it's a favorite of Reedus's and on his ipod, assumed that was it.

Will continue to Google until I find it.

This episode was one of the saddest yet, IMO. Merle, even though he was going to give it the best he had, knew he didn't have a place at either the prison or at Woodbury. His actions with Maggie and Glenn guaranteed that no one aside from his brother was going to accept him, and at Woodbury... well, we know that was out of the question. He wanted to be with his little brother, but Daryl wanted to be with Rick's group. No wonder he was looking for booze or drugs to medicate himself.

Did he always intend on freeing Michonne?

It's hard to know how Tyreese is going to play out.

I'm hopeful he is onto the Governers madness, has some perspective on Ricks issues, and is biding his time to try and get his sister and himself away from Woodbury and perhaps back to Team Prison.

Edit: All three actors, Melissa McBride, (Carol), Laurie Holden, (Andrea), and Jeffrey DeMunn, (Dale), played in Stephen Kings, "The Mist."

This episode kinda depressed me. Seeing Merle just get his ass beaten by the Gov, get his fingers bitten off and then Daryl, despite how mediocre an actor Reedus is, crying when he finds Merle's Walker body. At least Merle redeemed himself, but I don't think they should have killed him this season. His character is too interesting, dammit.

To be fair, Merle did say they giving Michonne up for a shot that woodbury will leave them alone.

But yeah, everyone suddenly trusting the governor's good nature was very bad writing considering how the episode before this one ended. This episode was very much meant to buffer the finale, so I wouldn't expect too much from the writers.

I don't think anyone was trusting the Governor's "good nature" in this episode. I thought it was clear that no one really believed the Governor was telling the truth so the debate was if giving up Michonne to guaranteed torture and death was worth turning the 100% chance of the Gov and his goon squad storming the prison into a 98% chance.

gees. cars that have set for over a year will have their battery's completely drained, doesnt anyone consider realism in a zombie apocalypse show?

My thought on that was Merle has some street smarts and there were several cars to choose at the motel - maybe he chose the one car that looked like maybe it had been driven within the past few months?

I don't think anyone was trusting the Governor's "good nature" in this episode. I thought it was clear that no one really believed the Governor was telling the truth so the debate was if giving up Michonne to guaranteed torture and death was worth turning the 100% chance of the Gov and his goon squad storming the prison into a 98% chance.

Yeah, I've liked Season 3 overall so far (after thinking Season 2 was a slow grind with a great finish)... but, I couldn't believe Rick was even considering giving up Michonne. What does that gain them? They're already under-manned at the prison, and they give up the person that is one of their best warriors? It leaves them way too vulnerable to attack without that extra set of eyes.

Meh, for most TV shows there's a logic button you have to shut off in your brain and how cars work in apocalypse stories is generally a good button to always shut off.

Yeah, I've liked Season 3 overall so far (after thinking Season 2 was a slow grind with a great finish)... but, I couldn't believe Rick was even considering giving up Michonne. What does that gain them? They're already under-manned at the prison, and they give up the person that is one of their best warriors? It leaves them way too vulnerable to attack without that extra set of eyes.

I never thought he would - and it was weird that he would even contemplate it that much - but apparently they had to have the drama of him weighing the decision. That's why I think the Morgan episode is even more important in hindsight. Without that bonding moment with Michonne becoming "one of us" as Carl put it, I don't think there would have been much of a decision at all.

We have a question about Darryl's haircut. (we have been heavily drinking)

Is this really the kind of hair someone like Darryl would have in the zombie apocalypse, or has he been modeling for Prada again?

I'm unfortunately completely sober and was wondering the exact same thing. It's looking quite styled.

I was thinking the same thing, until I saw my 7 year old comb his hair this morning. His hair is a bit too long and he just plastered it down with water. Looked a bit like Darryl. :uhoh:

I never thought he would - and it was weird that he would even contemplate it that much - but apparently they had to have the drama of him weighing the decision. That's why I think the Morgan episode is even more important in hindsight. Without that bonding moment with Michonne becoming "one of us" as Carl put it, I don't think there would have been much of a decision at all.

Well, I think it's telling that nobody else thought he would go through with it either, so the writers recognize that as well. I think Rick contemplating it as much as he did was just their way of showing how far off his own moral compass had gone, and him rejecting that was the completion of the return to sanity that had been kickstarted by Morgan.

And am I wrong, or did a day disappear somewhere in there? Hasn't there only been one night since the meeting -- the night when the Gov. tracked down Andrea and returned the next morning? Seems to me pretty clear from the last episode that she left Woodbury the day the Gov. returned from the meeting, and it's not reasonable to assume that she he did nothing with her for an entire day after locking her in that chair. Yet, this episode was the "second meeting" episode, so theoretically, two days should have elapsed.

I believe she met with Smithers and he showed her the torture chamber the day after the meeting, so that time frame is right.

But overall the time frame for the whole season has been out of whack. The season started with the end of winter/beginning of spring and now it looks like it's fall, but according to at least this one time line I found, it's only been about 3 weeks since they found the prison.

I believe she met with Smithers and he showed her the torture chamber the day after the meeting, so that time frame is right.

But overall the time frame for the whole season has been out of whack. The season started with the end of winter/beginning of spring and now it looks like it's fall, but according to at least this one time line I found, it's only been about 3 weeks since they found the prison.

And given that "growing crops" was part of the core plan, it would seem very odd if the entire summer had passed with nobody mentioning it. As for it looking like fall, the show can't stop weather from progressing in the RL.

I think that timeline is way off. It assumes that Ep. 12 (when they meet Morgan) takes place the day after Ep. 11. There is nothing in the show that suggests that. It could be the next day, or it could be weeks later.

Archived