Getting drinks w/someone?

Mormont'sRaven

I mean she might have been hitting on me.

Like she caught me looking at her chest once :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: (she is big breasted and wore a really low cut shirt) and she was joking about it so idk.

Like I only knew to put my arm around her because she kept inching closer to me so I was like "Hmm this probably means something" haha.

Yeah if she was hitting on me I didn't realize it at all.

Like she caught me looking at her chest once :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: (she is big breasted and wore a really low cut shirt) and she was joking about it so idk.

Like I only knew to put my arm around her because she kept inching closer to me so I was like "Hmm this probably means something" haha.

Yeah, in my opinion she was. If you dig the chick you might as well try. Worst she can say is no.

Maybe not overtly, but there are definitely a lot of signals that's she seems to be interested.

-wore the low cut shirt (if she didn't want you to notice, she wouldn't have worn the shirt, imo)

-kept inching closer (wanted you to put your arm around her)

-joked about you looking at her chest (see point 1)

-said she was up for going out again

-leaned into you once you did put your arm around her

I've gotten my signals wrong a time or two, but this seems to be overwhelming evidence she's into you.

Hmm. If I do ask her out again, when should I ask and how should I phrase it? (I've never done any of this before heh).

Also, keep in mind that she's only in town for a couple more weeks so I honestly don't think she meant for this to be a date because why would she want to date knowing she'd be leaving soon?

Hmm. If I do ask her out again, when should I ask and how should I phrase it? (I've never done any of this before heh).

Wait a few days, like Monday/Tuesday, then ask if she has any plans next weekend.

Also, keep in mind that she's only in town for a couple more weeks so I honestly don't think she meant for this to be a date because why would she want to date knowing she'd be leaving soon?

I do not pretend to understand the female mind. (Nor my own either ladies, before you pounce ;) ) Maybe she didn't meant for it to be a date then discovered she was into you, who knows? Anyway, stop thinking of reasons not to pursue this and go for it! If she's gone in a few weeks it's good practice anyway.

Maybe not overtly, but there are definitely a lot of signals that's she seems to be interested.

-wore the low cut shirt (if she didn't want you to notice, she wouldn't have worn the shirt, imo)

-kept inching closer (wanted you to put your arm around her)

-joked about you looking at her chest (see point 1)

-said she was up for going out again

-leaned into you once you did put your arm around her

I've gotten my signals wrong a time or two, but this seems to be overwhelming evidence she's into you.

Aside from the stuff I crossed out stuff, THIS.

Glad it went well! Absolutely nothing to lose by returning the favor and inviting her out. I suggest a an invite for a specific time. That way she can politely decline and you guys don't have to do the "Want to do something this weekend? Oh, you're not free Friday? What about Saturday? No? What about next Tuesday?" awkwardness. If she declines or is busy, no big deal, the ball is in her court. Roll with it. Have fun!

Glad it went well! Absolutely nothing to lose by returning the favor and inviting her out. I suggest a an invite for a specific time. That way she can politely decline and you guys don't have to do the "Want to do something this weekend? Oh, you're not free Friday? What about Saturday? No? What about next Tuesday?" awkwardness. If she declines or is busy, no big deal, the ball is in her court. Roll with it. Have fun!

I humbly defer to the female opinion here... but yeah, this

Text her today, why wait till Monday? And go for a non-bar location for your second non-date, you lush.

In fact, I'd suggest an activity that is not ambiguous (unlike a bar thingie that could be taken both ways). That way you can be sure there is interest. Maybe something like roller blading in the park or whatever it is you young foik do.

Cool. I guess I'll text her monday, then.

Don't text her. Call her! Say I had a great time last night. Can I take you out to dinner tomorrow night?

If she says yes, you're in. If she says no, no sweat, just chalk it up to experience.

Texting is way to impersonal for this. She'll respect you more if you have stones enough to call and ask.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one holding my breath waiting for an update. Now I can sleep tonight.

No way, he's a pro at this now. We didn't need to run lines or do blocking or anything, and we never even discussed what would happen if there was food involved! That was a risky move, not posting the menu online for the board to select from, but it sounds like it paid off.

:rofl: I'm surprised we didn't get an update from the bathroom. Things must have been going really well.

Seriously, there is no reason for anyone outside of Lousiana to be drinking Abita. Maybe even the Restoration Pale Ale. No, not even.

There is no reason for anyone in Louisiana to drink it unless they want a colonic but can't afford to go in for one. :ack: :stillsick:

I say if the gals were in play, it was a date. (Go Boobs!)

Sometimes dating is fun. You've gotten great advice so far. Call and ask her out.

At first I thought it **was** a business meeting. Then I was thrown for a loop by her putting her head on your shoulder. Although, that **could** just be a kind gesture, I suppose.

Now you say she's leaving town soon. :head explodes:

This girl is confusing to me. But I've been accused of being a man before, by Mandy no less :P, so what do I know?

ETA: Maybe she's just lonely?

Date, not date. Who cares?

You let her pick your first beer and it had raspberries in it. Cease all contact with this person immediately and find a nice girl who appreciates an IPA or at least something with a bit more kick than the Shirley Temple of beers.

Seriously, there is no reason for anyone outside of Lousiana to be drinking Abita. Maybe even the Restoration Pale Ale. No, not even.

Like I ever had any question about why I married you!

Still, want to awkwardly get a cocktail sometime? I promise to wear that four seasons bathrobe I look so nice in.

I dunno, Monday. First thing I thought of when I read that was, it was a little more than a business meeting. Admittedly, women with larger chests can look a little more... voluptuous than other women in modest clothing. But who goes on a business get-together wearing a low cut top, joking about her chest, and then leaning in for a snuggle?

My guess, she used the "let's talk about work" angle to have an opportunity to go out with you. And, in my experience many women want to go dutch or even pay for stuff, especially on the first few meets.

If she's in town for a few weeks, she may just be looking for a fun time with a great guy. You can be that guy!

And, take it from me, "aha anytime" is NOT a blow off. Not answering. Saying she's busy. Saying Thanks. Nothing she said indicates she wants you to walk away.

And take this from me - the biggest idiot - when it comes to this stuff. Back in the day, a guy I had a huge crush on came up to me and said he had an extra ticket for a concert. I said, "oh, sorry to hear that. Let me try and think of someone who can buy it from you." ARGH. (Remember, I had a huge crush on him). So imagine my idiocy when a hot lifeguard guy loaned me a mixed tape (yes, it was in the 80's) and asked me to come by the beach to return it to him. I dropped it off, he wasn't working, so I asked his place of employment to leave it for him. No note, no name, no phone # nothing. D'OPE! Hot lifeguard. Previous crush guy. DON'T BE ME - just enjoy the practice of hanging out with a girl who is leaving in a few weeks, and may want to enjoy her time in the city!

Let us know how it goes - I think we all feel a little sense of pride right now. Our young MR is growing up. snf snf. *wipes happy tear from eye*

Archived