Getting drinks w/someone?

Mormont'sRaven

Is it tonight?

Yes, dear. Tonight is going to be little mormont's raven's first time, ever! I'm very proud and hope it leads to many future nights like this. Perhaps with fewer nerves, though. But everyone is nervous before their first, right?

Oh lord if he actually had a few drinks, he might even be having a good time! Pulling for the kid. Needs to get out there and live him some life

I hope he's having some fun after stressing out all week about it.

Hey guys!

I'll just recount the night:

So I got to the train station and met her near the platform. We walked over to the bar and everything went fine. I got a seltzer with lime and my friend got a beer. Since it was happy our it was cheep. I paid cash and didn't open a tab since I didn't know how much we were drinking.

We sat down at a table and talked for for like 30 mins and then got another round (which she paid for; I paid for the first) and we hung out there for like another 45 minutes or so. I had a beer in the second round.

Afterwards, we got some food and then we went to a scenic town and walked around a bit. I put my arm around her shoulder and then she leaned her head on my shoulder. By that time it was late and we parted ways. I just got back now.

Thanks to all of you for your help!!!

Hey guys!

I'll just recount the night:

So I got to the train station and met her near the platform. We walked over to the bar and everything went fine. I got a seltzer with lime and my friend got a beer. Since it was happy our it was cheep. I paid cash and didn't open a tab since I didn't know how much we were drinking.

We sat down at a table and talked for for like 30 mins and then got another round (which she paid for; I paid for the first) and we hung out there for like another 45 minutes or so. I had a beer in the second round.

Afterwards, we got some food and then we went to a scenic town and walked around a bit. I put my arm around her shoulder and then she leaned her head on my shoulder. By that time it was late and we parted ways. I just got back now.

Thanks to all of you for your help!!!

Congrats man. Sounds like you had a good night. Glad to hear it.

More details!!! Was this a date you think? If not, will there be a date? What'd you end up wearing?! How'd you end up parting ways?!? Ahh!!

I don't think so because she actually offered to pay for the meal we had after. I told her that I really wanted to pay my share but she wouldn't let me.

I ended up wearing a polo + jeans + nice shoes (not like fancy ones just not sneakers).

We hugged.

I don't think it was a date tbh.

Who knows MR, in a couple of months it will be you giving tips on getting drinks with someone.

Glad you had a good time though, I don't know what it says about me, but this was one of the first threads I checked after logging onto the forum.

I'd like to get some drinks with Brady in about 2 years' time. Should we meet in Texas or Australia?

What about Calgary in Canada? We have rainbow hula hooping dwarves and evil Queen's here!

That's awesome MR! So glad to hear it. :cheers:

I will let you know, though, I've never been to a first business meeting where I've snuggled into someone's shoulder. (Well, I guess it depends what kind of business) :leer:

Regardless, what a wonderful first night out.

ETA because I spelled "Lear" for the emoticon, as in King. *slaps forehead*

Archived