NFL 2013 Week 3 - Oh My God, There's a Fire sale in Cleveland

Howdyphillip

Marvin, Wayne, and Clark was a great combo, but that was more about coordination and precision than it was about physical mismatches. They were fast, agile, and precise, but slightly built (Clark, for a TE, was smaller than usual); against the physical teams like the Pats and the Steelers, the finely-tuned watch often got crushed beneath the sledgehammer.

Welker would have fit in perfectly in the Anthony Gonzalez/Brandon Stokely role in the slot, but Thomas/Decker/Thomas are so much more physically imposing than Harrison/Wayne/Clark. Precision + size is scary in a completely different way than the old Colts teams. And the OL is definitely better, too (at least, with Clady it was; it remains to be seen how well they do without him).

Agree on all counts. And while Welker is in the physical mode of Gonzalez/Stokely, he's also the greatest slot receiver of all time for reasons beyond that. He can't physically dominate like the other Broncos receivers, but he can mentally dominate any defensive player foolish enough to try to stay with him.

I'm completely on board that this is the greatest offense Peyton has ever played on. It's just the effortlessness of it. Dude had only 5 incompletions on 37 passes. This is like easy mode for him. They get the Eagles next. Is Chip Kelly sure he wants to score in a minute 30 seconds and give the ball to this guy? Eagles could put up 30 and Peyton will drop 73 on that defense. I mean, I know not really - these projected offensive shootouts never work out that way. But how can you not feel like every FF matchup will be decided in Denver next week.

Denver paper said all five incompletions had a receiver with a hand on the ball. I thought he overthrew Caldwell one, but even so that is even more damn impressive. To hit a receiver in the hands 36 times on 37 throws.

Denver paper said all five incompletions had a receiver with a hand on the ball. I thought he overthrew Caldwell one, but even so that is even more damn impressive. To hit a receiver in the hands 36 times on 37 throws.

I noticed that last night - they weren't necessarily on target, but they were all at least somewhat catchable.

When we say that Manning makes his receivers better, it's not just because of how well he throws the ball. it's because of how much time he spends before training camp even begins working with them to get on the same page. It seems to me that after one year with Peyton Manning will teach anyone how to run routes and break on the ball.

Can you imagine what it's like for Decker & Thomas, going from stretching to catch passes from Cassell/Tebow to Peyton? It must be like what Fitzgerald felt when Warner arrived.

Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Matt Leinhart, Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Kolb, Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, Joey Harrington, and last but not least...Tim Tebow.

I think I'd take just about any one of those guys to back up Cutler in Chicago...as long as it's one of those guys over Caleb Hanie...just sayin'...

The NFC teams that made the playoffs last year at a combined 6-12, and if you take out the Seahawks, it is 3-12. Pretty crazy season thus far. NFC dominance has not been in evidence as the NFC mainstays for the past few years (Atlanta, San Fran, Green Bay) are all 1-2 and the Redskins, Giants and Vikings are all winless.

I guess that's why they play the games.

The NFC teams that made the playoffs last year at a combined 6-12, and if you take out the Seahawks, it is 3-12. Pretty crazy season thus far. NFC dominance has not been in evidence as the NFC mainstays for the past few years (Atlanta, San Fran, Green Bay) are all 1-2 and the Redskins, Giants and Vikings are all winless.

I guess that's why they play the games.

I fully expect Atlanta, San Fran, and GB to turn it around. The Vikings and Redskins were just overachievers last year, so it's not particularly surprising that they're struggling this year.

I kind of expect SF to not turn it around. Between Aldon Smith, their secondary looking meh and their completely huge failing at offensive line, they've got a lot of odd holes that have suddenly appeared.

The really weird one is the OLine. I have no idea why they've regressed so badly but they truly look atrocious.

Welcome to Fantasy Football Hell, Sept. 24 Edition

Ronnie Hillman said that thw Broncos RBs played 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to decide who would score the TD; he went 'Rock' and Moreno/Ball went 'Scissors'.

1) Awesome

2) Good ol' rock. Nothin' beats rock.

Welcome to Fantasy Football Hell, Sept. 24 Edition

Ronnie Hillman said that thw Broncos RBs played 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to decide who would score the TD; he went 'Rock' and Moreno/Ball went 'Scissors'.

1) Awesome

2) Good ol' rock. Nothin' beats rock.

'S'good to know that solid football strategy determines such things. :lol:

Wait, how do three people play rock paper scissors? What if they all picked something different? Would Manning just have laughed and padded his throwing stats?

I just saw the footage, it looked like a round robin tournament.

Archived