Westeros A, B, and C Fantasy Football Leagues

Whiskeyjack

Yahoo graded my draft a B- They ripped my on my RB corps which is understandable, but I think I lost out as my top 2 picks were QB and I'm pretty sure they aren't taking into account we start two.

Westeros A team:

QB: R. Griffin III, R. Tannehill (G. Smith, J. Locker)

RB: A. Peterson, C.J. Spiller, R. Rice (P. Thomas, F. Jackson, S. Greene, M. Ingram, B. Brown)

WR: C. Johnson, A. Johnson, R. Cobb, M. Colston (E. Sanders, D. Hopkins, M. Wheaton)

TE: D. Pitta (L. Toilolo)

K: N/a

DST: Houston

Like the team a lot, though a QB upgrade wouldn't go amiss.

My team in Westeros A:

QB: T. Brady, A. Smith (E. Manning, J. Flacco)

RB: J. Charles, A. Ellington, C. Johnson (T. West, K. Davis, K. Moreno)

WR: D. Thomas, P. Garcon, H. Nicks, J. Boykin (S. Smith, D. Baldwin, B. LaFell, S. Johnson)

TE: J. Cameron (G. Olson)

K: J. Tucker

DST: Arizona

Like the team OK, I guess. I think I can work with it but RB depth is lacking and I accidentally took two good TE's because I thought we were starting two in this league. Ah well, we'll see how it shakes out for awhile and go from there.

Tried to try a different strategy, but in the end fell back on 'make sure that you have $25 or so when the last ten slots need filling and spend that money on a bunch of $2 and $3 guys.

I did break up my spending a bit and didn't go TOO heavy at QB.

QB: Newton, Romo (Manuel, Henne)

RB: L. Bell, Gerhart, Miller (A Williams, D. Freeman, C. Michael)

WR: AJ Green, D. Bryant, Wayne, Cooks (Shorts, Welker, M. Jones, Amendola)

TE: V. Davis (T. Wright)

K: Gostkowski

DT: Seattle

Had the hammer late in the draft and could grab the #1 Kicker and DT (which means almost nothing, but a cheap luxury).

I am usually pretty good at lurking the wire for RB, so I went heavy WR. No backup QB. This was my first extended roster Westeros draft where I think the QB were valued correctly (even the top ones, IMO, though I know WJ dissents).

Two low end QB1 (either of whom could go elite if things break right (and don't break in the case of CN)). RB going from RB1.5 to RB2 to RB2.5 with part-timers who might emerge on the bench). Two WR1 and then bunch of WR3-4-5 types. I think the market overreacted to the Welker concussion - he's not a sure thing, but he's not a $3 player either - $3 WRs are guys like Kendall Wright, DeAndre Hopkins and Mike Evans, not Wes Welker.

TE is above average but not stellar (Vernon) with Wright lurking to see if he is Hernandez (unlikely), almost Hernandez (most likely) or Zach Sudfeld (could be).

Fun draft in Westeros A. Here's my team.

QB - P.Manning, N.Foles (M.Cassel, T.Bridgewater)

RB - D.Murray, Z.Stacy, B.Tate (T.Richardson, C.Ivory, J.White, L.Dunbar, B.Cunningham)

WR - J.Jones, T.Smith, R.Randle, K.Britt (B.Quick, M.Williams)

TE - H.Miller (T.Kelce)

K - P.Dawson

DEF - Carolina

I like it a good amount, but it's not exactly what I was expecting heading into the draft. Feel great about QB, RB3/4, and WR1/2/3. If I could make any changes, they would be:

1) Wish I had one more top 30 WR. I was hoping for some deals on the 3rd tier guys, and there just weren't any in this draft. A few people saved money, and did a good job of preventing late discounts.

2) While I like both my RB1 and RB2, and I got them at nice values, they weren't the players I was targeting in those particular tiers. They were basically my second choices at each spot. Not too big of a problem, but definitely a change from the other drafts I've done this year, where I got my targets (my money league and Westeros B.). I guess that's probably the price you pay if you decide to buy an elite QB - you have to go with the flow for the rest of the draft.

Anyway, feel like its a good team that should do well. And Yahoo loves it! They somehow have me projected for 13-0......don't think I've ever seen that before. We can pretty much just write that down in permanent marker, right? Right.

QB - Brees, Palmer (Fitzpatrick)

RB - Forte, Gore, Hill (Stewart, Hyde, Woodhead)

WR - Cruz, White, Boldin, Cooper (A. Hawkins, J. Jones, G. Jennings, K. Thompkins)

TE - Graham (Witten)

K - Bailey

DEF - New England

Definitely not the team I was trying to draft but I'm fairly happy with it. Brees/Graham combination will win me games just themselves and I'm happy with Forte/Gore/Hill as my RBs as long as Hill gets the 200+ carries I expect. My WRs aren't my strength but that's expected when you spend as much on Graham as you have to and he's essentially my WR1. Palmer has weapons to be a decent QB2 but I'm not really all that confident in him. I was hoping for a few other targets but they went for a lot more than I expected at the end of the draft.

Either way, I think this is a good team with top players in a few positions that will hopefully give me a competitive advantage in off days that other teams might not have. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out and I'm glad that it's so different from my other teams.

Little brother drafted my team, he had never done an auction before and it shows. My starting lineup is really good. My bench.... I don't have one. Zero depth on this team. I gave him a list of 6 players I wanted for sure and told him to go from there. Got 4 of them. I'm loaded at RB. WR1 and 2 are good, Edelman at WR3 is just fine with me, and Wrightat WR4 is not what I would like. Will have to trade one of my starting RBs for depth. Send over some trade proposals.

QB- Cutler, Ryan

RB- Lacey, Morris, Foster

WR- Marshall, Hilton, Edelman, Wright

TE- Gates

DEF- SF

K- Crosby

Not gonna list the bench, it's that bad.

Ghost Hill Revenant

12-1-0

Castle Black Crows

10-3-0

Harlaw Krakens

9-4-0

White Harbor Wights

8-5-0

Lorath Liches

8-5-0

Driftwood Stanes

6-7-0

Riverrun Legends

6-7-0

Sunspear Shariffs

3-10-0

]Dragonstone Tide

3-10-0

Zamettar Zorse

0-13-0

Awesome. Projected to have top 3 in points, but come in 6th. Granted - it's Yahoo projections and the top 5 are all fairly close. But still.

Does the fact that we have three leagues going simultaneously mean that we should set up some sort of relegation system for next year's A B and C leagues based on this year's results? Because that should happen.

Archived