Watch, Watched, Watching: The Shed and Breakfast Edition

RedEyedGhost

Since we got Starz to watch Outlander, we started watching other Starz shows too. White Queen wasn't as bad as I had heard. I would put it on the same level as The Tudors (take that as you will).

I just rented Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem on Amazon Prime and it just might be his best movie. It is most certainly the best thing I have watched all year. Christopher Waltz was peerless in the lead role.

I've really been wanting to see that. Love Gilliam and Waltz. His best though? That's s bold statement.

I went to see a double feature tonight at The Alamo Drafthouse here in Dallas. (well, it is in a suburb of Dallas, our downtown location hasn't opened yet.) Before saying anything else, I have to let you know that this is by far the best theatre I have ever seen a movie in. Full menu that has outstanding food, full bar, incredibly big and comfortable chairs, and host to film festivals and independent films as well as all of the blockbusters.

Tonight's double feature was Tusk by Kevin Smith that featured an hour long Q&A with him after the movie, and then The ABCs of Death II. It was a fun night. Tusk was everything that I ever wanted out of a movie about surgically altering a human being into a walrus, and The ABCs had a number of vignettes that were nice.

I went to see a double feature tonight at The Alamo Drafthouse here in Dallas. (well, it is in a suburb of Dallas, our downtown location hasn't opened yet.) Before saying anything else, I have to let you know that this is by far the best theatre I have ever seen a movie in. Full menu that has outstanding food, full bar, incredibly big and comfortable chairs, and host to film festivals and independent films as well as all of the blockbusters.

Tonight's double feature was Tusk by Kevin Smith that featured an hour long Q&A with him after the movie, and then The ABCs of Death II. It was a fun night. Tusk was everything that I ever wanted out of a movie about surgically altering a human being into a walrus, and The ABCs had a number of vignettes that were nice.

I heard the Alamo Drafthouse doesn't fuck around with people talking or texting too which would be incredible in itself.

I am intrigued by Tusk and kind of hesitant with the ABC's of Death II because the first one was mostly shit with a few really good ones throw in. I'm happy to hear you liked it though and will give it watch when it comes out.

I heard the Alamo Drafthouse doesn't fuck around with people talking or texting too which would be incredible in itself.

I am intrigued by Tusk and kind of hesitant with the ABC's of Death II because the first one was mostly shit with a few really good ones throw in. I'm happy to hear you liked it though and will give it watch when it comes out.

Same with the second one, but the ones that were good were really very well done, and some of the bad ones were so bad it was funny.

I saw Boyhood last weekend. Interesting coming of age movie that didn't really have any feel good moments but pulled off the question of 'what is the purpose of our lives' without getting too dramatic and cliche about it. I barely felt the time go by. What struck me most was how real it all felt -- even though my life really didn't share much in common with the protagonist.

Filming over 12 years and using the same characters as they grew older was fascinating. I thought Ethan Hawke did a great job but the kids in particular were the best.. was the story written along the way or were the kids today acting out characters that were created 12 years ago? They did a great job either way.

Edit: May go see the Drop this weekend. I love me a good crime movie.

Archived