Jurassic World

Commodore

Am I the only one who thinks the feathers could potentially make dinosaurs look even cooler. All decorative manes and plumes and stuff?

Some dinosaurs.

Not a fucking T-Rex, though. Although this idea isn't terrible.

Btw, the blog linked on that page is fucking awesome. As well as some damn cool dinosaur art (and rants about how dinosaurs should be drawn), his realistic pokemon series is both hilarious and really quite cool. Check out his Gyarados.

I wonder if they will upgrade the dinosaurs' appearance according to the latest scientific findings. It turns out most dinosaurs, especially in the later periods had feathers (like the T-rex), so it would be nice to see that on screen. Then again they'd be creating a continuity error with regards to the dinosaurs' looks in the earlier movies, but I guess they can retcon that shit on new blu-ray releases if someone cared to make the effort (and front the cash).

Maybe T-rex had massive arm feathers? Then his arms wouldn't look so wee?

Why are people so up in arms about this? It's a goddamn movie about non-existent science bringing hundred million year old creatures to life.

Who gives a fuck that dinosaurs turned out to be kind of lame? Make them look cool, and let it be. Shouldn't we be talking about the shitty CGI and questionable plot instead?

Who gives a fuck that dinosaurs turned out to be kind of lame? Make them look cool, and let it be. Shouldn't we be talking about the shitty CGI and questionable plot instead?
Dude, Dinosaurs were like our childhood.

Some dinosaurs.

Not a fucking T-Rex, though. Although this idea isn't terrible.

Btw, the blog linked on that page is fucking awesome. As well as some damn cool dinosaur art (and rants about how dinosaurs should be drawn), his realistic pokemon series is both hilarious and really quite cool. Check out his Gyarados.

Well, I'm just thinking about Terror Birds and then making them like a dozen times bigger. Seems pretty awesome/terrifying to me.

Dude, Dinosaurs were like our childhood.

That's what I'm saying. I grew up on Jurassic Park, man. I saw that shit in theaters when I was like 6 years old (or thereabouts), and it was THE SHIT!!!

I don't want to learn about your stupid ass feathery birds. Give me some lizard looking motherfuckers who eat the shit out of people and look cool as fuck.

Goddamn feathers...

That's what I'm saying. I grew up on Jurassic Park, man. I saw that shit in theaters when I was like 6 years old (or thereabouts), and it was THE SHIT!!!

I don't want to learn about your stupid ass feathery birds. Give me some lizard looking motherfuckers who eat the shit out of people and look cool as fuck.

Goddamn feathers...

Fuck your lizards, birds are way scarier. Fucking ostriches give me nightmares on a frequent basis.

• 2 weeks later...

The (one?) thing this movie has going for it is that the park is fucking finally open! After 3 movies! Being the theme park geek that I am, all I ever wanted to see was dinosaurs munching on crowds of annoying tourists, and the movie looks like it'll deliver in that front

Also, as someone who grew up in Costa Rica, I do expect basic research this time. The part in the first one where there's a fucking beach in San Jose kills me every time

• 3 weeks later...

Still looks pretty bad. Trained raptors and a hybrid dinosaur just sound dumb. I don't care if its a meta-commentary, it still sounds dumb.

I just finished re-reading Jurassic Park and it got me thinking about trained raptors and genetically altered dinosaurs. One of the things that got lost in translation to the screen was the idea that the creatures weren't really dinosaurs, they were approximations. Nobody knew if the raptors of the cretaceous period were that vicious, killing when they weren't hungry for example, or if some mistake in the cloning process had made them that way. The main geneticist suggests to Hammond that they should start producing altered creatures that are more docile. So if they new movie establishes that Chris Pratt's trained raptors are a genetic "upgrade" from the killing machines of the first three movies, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Not sure if that's news or not. Either way, the new website is cool. At least, I think it's new.

That is cool. They should have some live streaming dino mayhem on the park cam feeds when the movie releases.

I wonder if they will upgrade the dinosaurs' appearance according to the latest scientific findings. It turns out most dinosaurs, especially in the later periods had feathers (like the T-rex), so it would be nice to see that on screen. Then again they'd be creating a continuity error with regards to the dinosaurs' looks in the earlier movies, but I guess they can retcon that shit on new blu-ray releases if someone cared to make the effort (and front the cash).

Could easily be hand waved by saying the scientists updated the dino's. "Hey we got our shit together and used bird DNA instead of frog DNA because birds are more closely related and now they look even closer to what they would have.

Wow I didn't realize the new park was on the island from the first movie. I wonder what became of the second island?

I always wondered what happened with the first? I can't remember was there a reason giving in the movies why they had to go to site B?

I always wondered what happened with the first? I can't remember was there a reason giving in the movies why they had to go to site B?

As I recall nothing happened with the first, it was only bombed in the book. The reason they went to site B in the second movie was to document the dinosaurs thriving in isolation and push to make the island a nature preserve of some kind before the new head of Ingen got there to try and take dinosaurs off the island.

Archived