Jurassic World

Commodore

The "obedient Raptors " thing totally blew it for me.... Nor am I wild about the new made up dinosaur ...it reeks of cheap studio gimmicks

At first I thought the same about the hybrid dinosaur, but the in-universe explanation makes sense. It's a cheap gimmick by the park owners to draw more visitors, since the allure of real Dinos has decreased since the park opened

At first I thought the same about the hybrid dinosaur, but the in-universe explanation makes sense. It's a cheap gimmick by the park owners to draw more visitors, since the allure of real Dinos has decreased since the park opened

Yup. "Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Saw the trailer, hope those kids get eaten.

I feel like this is just the writer railing against the studio execs making him write this dribble. And then none of the production staff noticed/cared.

But there are thousands of dinosaur species that they haven't got to yet, no to mention all the other animals they could have went with. Whereas aside from the implied intelligence there's not a huge difference between what we saw of that thing and some of the other giant theropod dinosaurs. Even the arms aren't some huge difference. Shit that was one of the things that came along with Spinosaurus in 3 and we all know how well that worked out. So what exactly is so new about this dinosaur that it will draw people when other similar dinosaurs won't? What does this have that say, the pre-dinosaur Archosaurs, or Therapsids don't? What about the giant fucking birds? Pretty sure the terror bird would draw people pretty well.

Unless this thing was meant to do tricks, and they got raptors for that.

The "obedient Raptors " thing totally blew it for me.... Nor am I wild about the new made up dinosaur ...it reeks of cheap studio gimmicks

We can always cross our fingers for a final scene betrayal by the raptors? I guess they are "wolf-like" so if they found a "domestication" gene they could have tampered with it.

Considering how people wet themselves over the thought of GM corn, I'm amazed a dinosaur hybrid would work. It would be fun if it was meta commentary on how quickly the public becomes desensitised though.

Saw the trailer, hope those kids get eaten.

I feel like this is just the writer railing against the studio execs making him write this dribble. And then none of the production staff noticed/cared.

That or a happy nod to the rejected ideas. I hope the hybrids are done in a test-tube otherwise the scientists are more far more deviant in their meddling with nature.

But there are thousands of dinosaur species that they haven't got to yet
Not necessarily. They only have access to the ones that they could get that were trapped in amber (the blood, that is). That's a pretty small amount, and they have to get lucky. Getting a whole bunch of proggie-types won't bring in the sales. Whereas designing a dinosaur that looks awesome?

I'm pretty sure it was reveled they were secretly genetically modifying existing dinosaurs in Jurassic Park III. But then it just never came up again in the rest of the movie. They never actually encountered any "enhanced" dinosaurs.

I'm pretty sure it was reveled they were secretly genetically modifying existing dinosaurs in Jurassic Park III. But then it just never came up again in the rest of the movie. They never actually encountered any "enhanced" dinosaurs.

Yeah i seem to remember that too.

I wonder if they will upgrade the dinosaurs' appearance according to the latest scientific findings. It turns out most dinosaurs, especially in the later periods had feathers (like the T-rex), so it would be nice to see that on screen. Then again they'd be creating a continuity error with regards to the dinosaurs' looks in the earlier movies, but I guess they can retcon that shit on new blu-ray releases if someone cared to make the effort (and front the cash).

But there are thousands of dinosaur species that they haven't got to yet, no to mention all the other animals they could have went with. Whereas aside from the implied intelligence there's not a huge difference between what we saw of that thing and some of the other giant theropod dinosaurs. Even the arms aren't some huge difference. Shit that was one of the things that came along with Spinosaurus in 3 and we all know how well that worked out. So what exactly is so new about this dinosaur that it will draw people when other similar dinosaurs won't? What does this have that say, the pre-dinosaur Archosaurs, or Therapsids don't? What about the giant fucking birds? Pretty sure the terror bird would draw people pretty well.

Unless this thing was meant to do tricks, and they got raptors for that.

I read somewhere that they use cuttlefish genes for the hybrid, so maybe it has camouflage abilities? It would be a good nod to the books as well

Then again they'd be creating a continuity error with regards to the dinosaurs' looks in the earlier movies, but I guess they can retcon that shit on new blu-ray releases if someone cared to make the effort (and front the cash).

They could just say they started using bird DNA instead of amphibian to fill in the incomplete DNA strands they recovered from the amber. Though feathers would look completely ridiculous on a T-rex. Maybe some marauding packs of partially fledged mini-raptors?

They could just say they started using bird DNA instead of amphibian to fill in the incomplete DNA strands they recovered from the amber. Though feathers would look completely ridiculous on a T-rex. Maybe some marauding packs of partially fledged mini-raptors?

Turns out T Rex actually did look ridiculous in RL :P

Archived