Jurassic World

Commodore

Exactly. Motherfucking dinosaurs.

I'd actually like to see them try to bring other stuff like mammoths, sabre tooth tigers, and quagga etc. Not just dinos. Maybe for shits and gigs they made the hybrid like a t-rex/tiger/orca hybrid.

I'd actually like to see them try to bring other stuff like mammoths, sabre tooth tigers, and quagga etc. Not just dinos. Maybe for shits and gigs they made the hybrid like a t-rex/tiger/orca hybrid.

I'd honestly expect that first, easier to get the DNA, easier to enclose, and probably far more attractive to most people. "Hey we used to hunt these!"

I'd honestly expect that first, easier to get the DNA, easier to enclose, and probably far more attractive to most people. "Hey we used to hunt these!"

Yeah, seems odd that they skipped over the entire ice-age, wooly-mammoth era and went straight to species from 65 million years ago

I'm honestly intrigued by this. It looks extremely silly, but who knows?
But like many others, I just can't take Chris Pratt heavily delivering one-liners seriously... I always expect him to put on shades and go "Burt Macklin, FBI, on the case".

I'd love to see a totally straight faced yet deeply satirical depiction of humans and dinosaurs coexisting 6000 years ago. Call it Creationist Park* or something, and have it just be bronze age humanity trying desperately to engage in religious rites, or day to day tedium or whatever before/whilst getting savaged by packs of marauding velociraptors etc.

*working title

I think the "creating a new dinosaur" concept is a really interesting one to explore.

It ties into so much of the "playing God" theme that was explored more in the books than the movies. This idea that just bringing back something old isn't good enough, and that the human need to constantly create and constantly design is the most dangerous drug of all.

Our consumer society demands constant innovation. Once the creators give us something new, it only takes a couple of days before we're bored with it, and lamenting over the things that this new thing CAN'T accomplish, and how much better it would be if it could.

Creators can't stop creating and designing, because if they do, someone is going to pass them up and then they're going to be obsolete. Bringing back ancient creatures would never be good enough for our world, you would have to make something new.

It ties into so much of the "playing God" theme that was explored more in the books than the movies. This idea that just bringing back something old isn't good enough, and that the human need to constantly create and constantly design is the most dangerous drug of all.

Our consumer society demands constant innovation. Once the creators give us something new, it only takes a couple of days before we're bored with it, and lamenting over the things that this new thing CAN'T accomplish, and how much better it would be if it could.

That's why the new dinosaur's name has been changed to

Indominus Rex, abbreviated by fandom as iRex? :lol:

I'm pretty sure this entire path of genetic buggery is lampshaded in the book anyway. Wu tries to convince Hammond to genetically modify the dinos to be more appealing to the public AFAIK

More docile and more reptile like, what the public at the time would expect.

I thought I heard somewhere that the reason in the movie that the park creates a new dinosaur is that the park has been open for ten years and the crowds are starting to die down. Therefore they do it as a new attraction?

Also the Raptors being tame is a little bit concerning but there is a possibility that they are just running away from the engineered dinosaur and don't care about killing Chris Pratt if they are running for their lives. Anyway people train killer whales and lions so I don't see why it would be impossible to train a raptor. I mean half this stuff in Jurrasic park is made up anyway. Raptors were only the size of turkeys. It actually should be called Deinonychus.

Also I'm pretty sure that sea monster (Mosasaur?) is far far too large. I believe Mosasaurs only got to around 60 ft and a great white gets to around 20ft (unless it was a tiny one in the trailer). That sea monster was much larger than 3 times longer.

Valid point, but honestly, ain't nobody flying out to Costa Rica to see a hairy elephant and a big ass tiger. That shit is local, like an InGen Metro Zoo or something.

• 2 months later...

Archived