Jurassic World

Commodore

There was no need for the plot to start with a stable park already open and in place. And even if that was the direction to go in, there are already giant murderous reptiles everywhere, no need to create ones even better at killing for no apparent reason. What, is the park being run by the Umbrella Corporation now?

Well then people should start making more movies about zoos, because last I checked lions, tigers, and bears are still very dangerous mammals.

And like I said before, this is about the arrogance of man, and a warning that all the amazing things we're capable of creating can also lead to disaster.

On the sfx- this movie doesn't come out for seven months. These are not final. However, I do not think in the that even final film the effects will top the original.

There are still shots on it that would blow me away today. Some not so much, but.

I think the hybrid thing is weird, but if they write it the right way, it could be a commentary on movies and parks today needing all the extra bells and whistles.

Not that I have faith in them going that way, that's just how i would write it.

Uhhhh, sure seems like they're undercutting the central idea of the first two movies (did the third movie have anything even approaching thoughtfulness?), with having the park up and running.

JP4:"Ok, we were able to get a handle on resurrecting extinct monsters and putting them on display in a theme park, but now we've gone too far by creating genetically modified hybrid dinosaurs! Curse our hubris!"

JP5: "Ok, we were able to get a handle on resurrecting extinct monsters and putting them on display in a theme park and then creating genetically modified dinosaur hybrids out of them, but now we've gone too far by creating genetically modified hybrid cyborg dinosaurs! Curse our hubris!"

And so on forever.

Uhhhh, sure seems like they're undercutting the central idea of the first two movies (did the third movie have anything even approaching thoughtfulness?), with having the park up and running.

JP4:"Ok, we were able to get a handle on resurrecting extinct monsters and putting them on display in a theme park, but now we've gone too far by creating genetically modified hybrid dinosaurs! Curse our hubris!"

JP5: "Ok, we were able to get a handle on resurrecting extinct monsters and putting them on display in a theme park and then creating genetically modified dinosaur hybrids out of them, but now we've gone too far by creating genetically modified hybrid cyborg dinosaurs! Curse our hubris!"

And so on forever.

Mix this with Interstellar

and you get 5D dinosaurs

I'm actually more interested after the trailer than before (though that's not a high mark, since before, I wasn't interested at all). I like that they're apparently going for a vaguely Alien-ish vibe of the unknown threat, rather than just going bigger and bigger every time, and I hope they don't show any of the new dinosaur in marketing.

It's not on my must-see list or anything, but I'm kind of intrigued.

I like the look of the trailer. Dinosaurs look great already.
Special effects will have plenty of time to improve with the film not due till June.

The story seems rather lame though, that must be said, so this is going to be savoured purely for seeing as many interesting dinos and dino confrontations as we can. I mean, really, who goes to such a film for depth, themes, or because it sends a message. People want to see the best dino creations with the best CGI, going at it.

And for that, I thought the Great White bait for the Megacroq, was a nice start. :box:

Just watched the trailer again, and I actually love what they did with the theme song there towards the end. The slowed down notes for more of a horror vibe. That was pretty cool.

I can't help but fear that Chris Pratt has been miscast though. Why is his character even there? A dinosaur hunter?

Just watched the trailer again, and I actually love what they did with the theme song there towards the end. The slowed down notes for more of a horror vibe. That was pretty cool.

I can't help but fear that Chris Pratt has been miscast though. Why is his character even there? A dinosaur hunter?

Yeah he's the big game hunter character.

Even odds it's a bit part and he dies half way through but they show him front and centre in the trailer cause he's a big name as of a few months ago.

Even odds it's a bit part and he dies half way through but they show him front and centre in the trailer cause he's a big name as of a few months ago.

Definitely possible, but there didn't seem to be anyone else who could be the main character. Considering the horror vibe, I have to doubt it's those kids (god help us all if that's the way they went), and the scientist lady is never the main character. Even if they were trying to maximize Pratt, they can't completely exclude the main character from the trailer.

Also, Pratt is in too many different settings to be killed off quick enough for it to be a gimmick.

1) In the lab.

2) In the Dinosaur's pen.

3) Hunting the Dinosaur in daylight.

4) In the control room.

5) On the motorcycle at night.

Definitely possible, but there didn't seem to be anyone else who could be the main character. Considering the horror vibe, I have to doubt it's those kids (god help us all if that's the way they went), and the scientist lady is never the main character. Even if they were trying to maximize Pratt, they can't completely exclude the main character from the trailer.

Also, Pratt is in too many different settings to be killed off quick enough for it to be a gimmick.

1) In the lab.

4) In the control room.

Thing is the first four of those can all easily take place in one day and the bike ride with his raptors could be a hilariously anti climatic way to kill him off or a heroic sacrifice thing. And as far as I can tell in any of the scenes showed his clothes don't really seem to show much wear and tear or any change unlike the scientist woman or the kids

From the supposed script leaks it's not a bit part.

1) In the lab.

4) In the control room.

That's not that many and none need to take place that far apart. Also, the scientist lady could totally be the main character, she features more then prominently enough.

Also, your posts are horrible to look at and you should feel shame for making them.

Thing is the first four of those can all easily take place in one day and the bike ride with his raptors could be a hilariously anti climatic way to kill him off or a heroic sacrifice thing. And as far as I can tell in any of the scenes showed his clothes don't really seem to show much wear and tear or any change unlike the scientist woman or the kids

That's not that many and none need to take place that far apart. Also, the scientist lady could totally be the main character, she features more then prominently enough.

Also, your posts are horrible to look at and you should feel shame for making them.

I could have been clearer. I meant to convey that it's unlikely to be a gimmick, not that he wouldn't die fairly early on.

We know that he at least survives until the park falls apart, which can't (reasonably) be earlier than 30 to 45 minutes in.

And I think that you secretly enjoy my posts.

I could have been clearer. I meant to convey that it's unlikely to be a gimmick, not that he wouldn't die fairly early on.

We know that he at least survives until the park falls apart, which can't (reasonably) be earlier than 30 to 45 minutes in.

And I think that you secretly enjoy my posts.

Oh yeah, for sure. I just don't expect him to make it past the "shit gets real" escalation in the middle.

He's the aussie guy from Jurassic Park. Clever Girl, then dead.

Oh yeah, for sure. I just don't expect him to make it past the "shit gets real" escalation in the middle.

He's the aussie guy from Jurassic Park. Clever Girl, then dead.

Agreement, then.

My reservation is that Scientist Lady is not a common main character type. Outside of 'Hollow Man' with Kevin Bacon, I can't readily think of a lead female character who was a Beakers and Flasks type scientist. The main character from Prometheus was a glorified Archeologist, and even Dr. Saddler from the original Jurassic Park was a Paleobotanist.

I suspect that Hollywood doesn't believe that audiences can relate to a brilliant female scientist. Far more likely that she ends up being a pseudo villain.

Archived