Jurassic World

Commodore

At least they have guns. The idea that they only kept non-lethal weapons on the island never sat right with me. Also good to see a raptor eating one of those soldier guys, so we know they're still dangerous. What the hell was Dr. Wu thinking? You would expect he would have learned his lesson from the last time...

Full length trailer is out.

Some cool looking visuals, but holy hell does everything else about it look stupid.

Goddamnit, pterosaurs could not pick things with their feet.

At least they have guns. The idea that they only kept non-lethal weapons on the island never sat right with me. Also good to see a raptor eating one of those soldier guys, so we know they're still dangerous. What the hell was Dr. Wu thinking? You would expect he would have learned his lesson from the last time...

If we find out there managing to breed again shoot him.

They sure did give away a lot there. And Vincent D'onofrio looks weird. Like he went immediately from filming Daredevil where he's bald and pale to this, so they had to slap on a cheesy wig and spray tan.

This looks terrible lol.

Do you actually post anything on this forum beyond, "lol that sucks/sucked/will suck"?

Do you actually post anything on this forum beyond, "lol that sucks/sucked/will suck"?

As odd as JB's constant need to show off his inability to like things is, he's not wrong on this one. It looks a mess, and in a year with so many blockbusters coming out it could flop really badly.

Any complaints about the dinosaurs not being feathered are solved in a hilarious meta-joke. In JP1, Hammond emphatically says that he doesn't care that the public thinks dinosaurs were slow and lazy cold-blooded things, the hot new research shows that they were (mostly) fast and dammit, he wants what's real. The problem is that JP1 was so wildly successful in changing what the (real world) public thinks dinosaurs are, so now, in-universe, the creators of the in-universe Jurassic World have the problem of marketability. They built their dinosaurs to look like what people want dinosaurs to look like, which is the image given to us by the "real" dinosaurs of JP1. Of course, even in-universe, they were never "real" despite Hammond's wishes because of the use of frog DNA and other stuff.

I think about this crap too much.

e: Also solves the "pterasaurs can't pick up people" thing. They can because the audience thinks they can.

It'll probably be a visual spectacle worth seeing in theaters if at all.

But... it seems as though practically everything (apart from dinosaurs) which made the original Jurassic Park such a great movie is absent in this one. Looks to me like another generic loud blockbuster bursting with cgi and random shit blowing up

The effects look great. I'll wait for some reviews, but if those are favourable I'll probably check it out.

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair! :P

That...was.......simply amazing. By far my favorite episode of the series and one of my favorite episodes of television ever.

^source: the Outlander thread :P

I can't deny that I wouldn't attach a certain degree of nostalgia to this film but honestly who would be stupid enough to go to this island?

You can't be aware of the events in JP 1,2 and 3 and get any of my sympathy if you go to this park. You are an idiot or if you be a child the child of idiots.

Unless we are supposed to buy that these people at the park have comitted some form of crime agianst the state and the whole park set up is just one long complicated exercise in capital punishment?

I can't deny that I wouldn't attach a certain degree of nostalgia to this film but honestly who would be stupid enough to go to this island?

You can't be aware of the events in JP 1,2 and 3 and get any of my sympathy if you go to this park. You are an idiot or if you be a child the child of idiots.

Unless we are supposed to buy that these people at the park have comitted some form of crime agianst the state and the whole park set up is just one long complicated exercise in capital punishment?

Dude, its a dino zoo. Of course I'm going to go. How is this a question?

Archived