Football LXIII - the eleventh hour

baxus

barca lost at home, form has been a bit ropey recently (relatively). looks like a good time to have them on the horizon alex.

Indeed. This is disconcerting, Barca has been off form for a good while now.

It's really been some time since I saw their game and they really excelled. Messi is only just coming back and his absence was a recipe for a massive drop in form the last few years as well. City may be playing them at a time when they are still not back to their old form, and in a time when City is tearing teams a new one left and right. It could indeed be their moment. Neymar will not be back yet for the City clash either. Barca look stiff.

Why can't Arsenal ever make a game comfortable to watch? Just once I'd like to be able to sit back and relax, knowing they have the victory wrapped up.

That would be too easy. I wish Ozil would be a bit more assertive. I'd rather he shoot it instead of always trying to walk it in.

ETA: Ox has been excellent today. Awesome to see. Who needs a strikers when you have CMs like Ramsey, Wilshere and Ox who can score (note: we do...).

Haven't seen the Toure incident in question, though the comments here are making me laugh already. I really like Arteta in our DM role, he's miles ahead of Flamini in distribution, tackling and his positional sense. I like Flamini, but I feel Arteta is a lot better there. Especially against the better teams.

Edit: As Tim Stillman points out on twitter, pushing AOC higher up the pitch in the second half was a good decision.

Edit: As Tim Stillman points out on twitter, pushing AOC higher up the pitch in the second half was a good decision.

Agreed. Looked like he was playing the role more like Ramsey in the 2nd half. I was very happy to see him go right at goal when breaking through. Also, that 2nd goal shows how useful Giroud is to Arsenal when we have CMs like Ramsey/Ox/Wilshere who can finish.

Agreed. Looked like he was playing the role more like Ramsey in the 2nd half. I was very happy to see him go right at goal when breaking through. Also, that 2nd goal shows how useful Giroud is to Arsenal when we have CMs like Ramsey/Ox/Wilshere who can finish.

I ended up missing the first goal because of a call, but that was good finish. Also nice to see Santi with the assist. Podolski was not very good though, he really seems to have lost a yard of pace. Hope he can get better.

Also, on the Kallstrom injury AW: 'It’s simple. He has a micro-fracture. Spartak share the cost as long as he’s injured. I had a choice to make. Bring in nobody or take him in. Available earliest at the end of February, latest mid-March”

Edit: http://strettynews.com/a-new-unacceptable-low/

Good piece on United up there. If anyone wants a read.

I ended up missing the first goal because of a call, but that was good finish. Also nice to see Santi with the assist. Podolski was not very good though, he really seems to have lost a yard of pace. Hope he can get better.

Also, on the Kallstrom injury AW: 'It’s simple. He has a micro-fracture. Spartak share the cost as long as he’s injured. I had a choice to make. Bring in nobody or take him in. Available earliest at the end of February, latest mid-March”

I don't think Podolski is the best player for a game like today where the team has 6 men on the back line. He's better in a more open game. Rosicky was the right substitute for him with his injection of pace.

I saw Wenger's comments and pretty much agree with them, especially since Arsenal aren't paying any wages to Kallstrom until he's healthy. So not really all that bad.

Archived