Vikings VIII: 20 episodes under the sea [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

I watched season 2 on Amazon last year, and didn't notice a difference.

I watched the last two episodes on amazon this year and the only thing that stood out as potentially different were some bewbs which the show usually dodges with camera angles. The show seems fairly violent as is so I'd be surprised if that side was more graphic? Unless the show suddently decided it could do nudity.

I watched season 2 on Amazon last year, and didn't notice a difference.

I watched the last two episodes on amazon this year and the only thing that stood out as potentially different were some bewbs which the show usually dodges with camera angles. The show seems fairly violent as is so I'd be surprised if that side was more graphic? Unless the show suddently decided it could do nudity.

Plenty of nudity on Amazon!

Comprehensive list of edits here.

n.b. The comparisons are based on the US TV version and the US Bluray. Amazon is showing the bluray versions, so plenty of changes.

ETA: Just checked, and the Blood Eagle episode is almost seven minutes longer on Amazon. You see the ribs being pulled from Borg's spine and then the lungs resting on his shoulders. Ew.

Plenty of nudity on Amazon!

Comprehensive list of edits here.

n.b. The comparisons are based on the US TV verson and the US Bluray. Amazon is showing the bluray versions, so plenty of changes.

Looks like there are quite a lot of extended scenes. Seems like they film episodes in a streaming-style and then have to butcher to fit into a 1 hout time slot (with ads). I'll stick to amazon for the next season as I'm sure those extra scenes can help.

Looks like there are quite a lot of extended scenes. Seems like they film episodes in a streaming-style and then have to butcher to fit into a 1 hout time slot (with ads). I'll stick to amazon for the next season as I'm sure those extra scenes can help.

To do that, won't you have to wait? Not sure how long after airing they will release season 4 to Amazon.

ETA: Just checked, and the Blood Eagle episode is almost seven minutes longer on Amazon. You see the ribs being pulled from Borg's spine and then the lungs resting on his shoulders. Ew.

Bleh. And I was always thinking how much better and tasteful and even with a kind of squicky beauty that scene was, compared to the gory, awful GOT torturing. Upon reading this, I am not sure I want to see the extended version. :ack:

To do that, won't you have to wait? Not sure how long after airing they will release season 4 to Amazon.

I usually wait until there's several episodes of the show to watch so it won't be a problem on the whole.

Bleh. And I was always thinking how much better and tasteful and even with a kind of squicky beauty that scene was, compared to the gory, awful GOT torturing. Upon reading this, I am not sure I want to see the extended version. :ack:

Yeah, I thought the restraint added to the scene. Not sure how that scene would feel with added gore. 

• 2 weeks later...

Titan Comics and Cavan Scott are turning the TV series into a comic series. Expected to come out spring 2016. Not really sure what to expect? Is it normal for a comic series to come out after the TV show? Is it just going to be exactly the same?

http://www.latino-review.com/news/comics-titan-comics-publishing-vikings-comics-based-off-tv-show

Question for you guys on season 4.

While doing my rewatch, I noticed King Aella introduced us to his snake pit and tossed someone into it. Do you guys think this is still how Ragnar goes out or will they change it up? Do you think it happens this season or will he try to stretch it as long as possible? Hirst said this isn't just Ragnar's story, it's also his sons but he's changed so much already I could see him keeping Ragnar alive until the end.

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

I am really looking forward to Rollo's budding romance.

Definitely. I hope we get some more of Rollo still learning old French and trying to communicate with Princess Gisla. His scene in the finale after she went off about him and then him trying to say hello and then looking so proud was hilarious. 

Definitely. I hope we get some more of Rollo still learning old French and trying to communicate with Princess Gisla. His scene in the finale after she went off about him and then him trying to say hello and then looking so proud was hilarious. 

Yeah hopefully they'll show them dining together.

Don't care much about Rollo and the stupid French princess.  It's Lagertha and Kattegat that I'm looking forward too.

Is it true that this season is going to be 20 episodes?  This could be a disaster, considering it's Hirst, but maybe with that many episodes we could have an improved narrative arc, as well as better characterization?

It's not that long now until the season 4 premiere, Feb. 18th.  I hope I'm home and not traveling.

(Glad I'm not traveling this weekend, though it's not all that great being trapped inside and buried under 30 inches of snow, shutting down and then slowing down everything as we attempt to get back up and running.)

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 2:03 AM, -Ghost- said:

Titan Comics and Cavan Scott are turning the TV series into a comic series. Expected to come out spring 2016. Not really sure what to expect? Is it normal for a comic series to come out after the TV show? Is it just going to be exactly the same?

http://www.latino-review.com/news/comics-titan-comics-publishing-vikings-comics-based-off-tv-show

Question for you guys on season 4.

Hidden Content

On your spoiler

The Ragnar promo piece linked earlier seems to suggest to me that death by snake pit is still the plan.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Kattegat power struggle more than anything else this season (Team Lagertha all the way) but I'm also quietly hopeful for Paris as i finally started to enjoy Rollo last season. Just, stop the 50 Shades of Odo please.

Also have to say i'll miss Floki, if we assume the execution goes through. Easily one of the best characters on the show. Btw, anyone else notice that his child seemingly vanished at the end of last season? She wasnt with Aslaug, and Helga went with Floki to Paris. Just a minor nitpick.

And i see the Seer changed appearance again. Heh.

Archived