Watch, Watched, Watching: The Director's Cut

RedEyedGhost

10 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I was annoyed I couldn't watch it on catch up TV, needed to update sky package or something. might try and find it online...

It's on Amazon but you need to pay extra for it. And Sky is the worst, our package quite clearly includes On Demand but we aren't able to access it. Whenever we ring Sky up about this they get it fixed for a short while and then it's gone again. And I have never been able to watch on demand via Sky Go but I'm not sure if that's intentional or not

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's on Amazon but you need to pay extra for it. And Sky is the worst, our package quite clearly includes On Demand but we aren't able to access it. Whenever we ring Sky up about this they get it fixed for a short while and then it's gone again. And I have never been able to watch on demand via Sky Go but I'm not sure if that's intentional or not

Sky really are shits for little things like that aaaarrrghh. 

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Sky really are shits for little things like that aaaarrrghh. 

Yes, they are. For lots of things.

But yes, do see if you can catch up it somehow. They are making a second series. :)

I finished S2 of The Affair. Phew. I'm glad the finally covered the events which had hitherto only been alluded to but never fully revealed. I think that if they had dragged that out into a third season that would have been a step too far. That said, I am still not sure how/where/what they will be doing with the third season. But I'll keep watching though. The emotions these characters go through feel pretty genuine to me.

Finished rewatching Spartacus. Apart from how indescribably annoying the replacement actress for Naevia is, who only has three facial expressions (angry, sobbing and screaming), and the Yodaseque dialogue after Gods of the Arena, it still held up well. The last season was much better than I remember it being. Also went to the pictures to see Secret in Their Eyes and Grimsby. The former was nowhere near as good as the original, but nowhere near as bad as critics have made it out to be either. I surprisingly enjoyed it, though I was predisposed to hate it. Grimsby actually is as bad as critics have made it out to be, but it still has a few amusing moments, and I'd recommend it purely for a single moment of genius. The 'elephant' scene is one of the most hysterically funny things I've ever witnessed. I couldn't control the tears running down my cheeks.

Watched The Maltese Falcon for the first time in decades. Still amazing.

It's crazy how magnetic Bogey was. Very, very few modern stars have what he had to the extent he had it.

Watched the first episode of Thicker Than Water (Tjockare än vatten) was pretty slow to begin with but I think it was just leading up to the next episode, not sure how I feel about it yet.

On 04/03/2016 at 11:56 PM, Davrum said:

Watched The Maltese Falcon for the first time in decades. Still amazing.

It's crazy how magnetic Bogey was. Very, very few modern stars have what he had to the extent he had it.

Still never seen this movie...

/shame. 

24 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Still never seen this movie...

/shame. 

Well, like they say, with any problem the first step is admitting it. You got that nailed.

You know the second step.

Was browsing online for news about various shows and saw that Peaky Blinders is rumoured to be back in April (I really hope so!) which made me go rewatch some of Season 1. I also watched episode 1 of House of Cards new season, which was alright

I was watching some reviews on youtube when my eye was caught by reviews of Zootopia. That film was not on my radar at all, but after seeing the very positive feedback, I went to see it on a whim yesterday and it was awesome. It was even better because it was such an unexpected surprise. I wish Disney made more animation films like this.

The central characters were very well realized and had great chemistry with one another. The humour was marvellous and really diverse, from filmparodies to slapstick. The story was cleverly written, playing along with expectations for both Zootopia's genre and animation films in general. I also really liked the music and the animation (the action scenes were very good). Zootopia also has a great message imo, it's very clever, having things to say about racism and generally being quite inspiring :) 

So yeah, go see Zootopia if you like great animation films :) 

12 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I was watching some reviews on youtube when my eye was caught by reviews of Zootopia. That film was not on my radar at all, but after seeing the very positive feedback, I went to see it on a whim yesterday and it was awesome. It was even better because it was such an unexpected surprise. I wish Disney made more animation films like this.

The central characters were very well realized and had great chemistry with one another. The humour was marvellous and really diverse, from filmparodies to slapstick. The story was cleverly written, playing along with expectations for both Zootopia's genre and animation films in general. I also really liked the music and the animation (the action scenes were very good). Zootopia also has a great message imo, it's very clever, having things to say about racism and generally being quite inspiring :) 

So yeah, go see Zootopia if you like great animation films :) 

I've only ever seen this advertised once, and the was back in December when I was watching TFA in the cinema. Curious, I usually notice these things get a lot of marketing. The trailer was the sloth scene which gave me a chuckle.

ah, I see it's not out in the uk yet, that makes a bit more sense then

Have been watching House of Cards, avoiding that thread because I'm too paranoid over accidental spoilers.

Also have been watching a Norwegian production on Netflix called "Occupation". 

I'm enjoying both at a little less than halfway through them.

7 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Have been watching House of Cards, avoiding that thread because I'm too paranoid over accidental spoilers.

Also have been watching a Norwegian production on Netflix called "Occupation". 

I'm enjoying both at a little less than halfway through them.

Do you mean Occupied? If you mean Occupied then it's a brilliant show. I never really got in to House of Cards though; may have to give it another try.

6 hours ago, Knute said:

Do you mean Occupied? If you mean Occupied then it's a brilliant show. I never really got in to House of Cards though; may have to give it another try.

Yeah... don't waste your time.

Traveling this week and pouring over my Amazon options.  Couldn't pick one so I grabbed two episodes from four series I have never watched.

Justified and Sons of Anarchy for some drama.  Curb Your Enthusiasm and Always Sunny for comedy.  Hoping to find my next show to shotgun.

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Was browsing online for news about various shows and saw that Peaky Blinders is rumoured to be back in April (I really hope so!) which made me go rewatch some of Season 1. I also watched episode 1 of House of Cards new season, which was alright

Yes, Peaky Blinders is coming back for S3 next month! I binge watched the first two seasons in a weekend. Brilliant show. Also, using PJ Harvey & Nick Cave songs to score a crime series is genius.

I just finished the Judd Appatow produced series LOVE on Netflix. It's a slow start with the first two episodes, but it really got me hooked by episode three. Gillian Jacobs is great and Paul Rust's "nice guy Gus" is an interesting character.Also,  great comedic cameos galore, and the whole "show within a show" Witchita is a great tongue-in-cheek take on the horror genre craze on TV now. Definitely add this one to your queue.

3 hours ago, SkynJay said:

Traveling this week and pouring over my Amazon options.  Couldn't pick one so I grabbed two episodes from four series I have never watched.

Justified and Sons of Anarchy for some drama.  Curb Your Enthusiasm and Always Sunny for comedy.  Hoping to find my next show to shotgun.

Some good picks there. Curb and Sunny are hilarious, and are two of the funniest shows of the last couple decades imo.

Justified is great too. I watched a few episodes of SoA, and couldn'tget into it. 

Archived