Rogue One: 2 Rebellious 2 Fail

Mr. Chatywin et al.

11 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Is there a 3rd trailer or are you talking about the 2nd? Cause it's on youtube.

I think there's supposed to be an actual trailer, not the behind the scenes reel that they released. It got leaked during the weekend with bad cam footage.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

It was probably mentioned in another thread, but it's a good reminder as the actor was officially introduced to fans now.

That is one SW I'm not excited about, to be honest, though I said something similar about Rogue One, too, and now I can't wait. Most likely Disney will force me to like the HS movie, one way or another. :P

Yeah I'm not terribly enthusiastic either, but it's being written by Lawrence Kasdan and being directed by the guys who did the Lego Movie, so it's in fairly safe hands. Just have to wait and see I guess.

32 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Yeah I'm not terribly enthusiastic either, but it's being written by Lawrence Kasdan and being directed by the guys who did the Lego Movie, so it's in fairly safe hands. Just have to wait and see I guess.

It does seem a bit too "safe". Good creative team so maybe they'll just deliver fun and action rather than create some momentous backstory for him. Although I would like to see a certain race.

14 minutes ago, Leap said:

If we don't see him making the Kessel Run in 14 parsecs, I'll be very disappointed.

12!

I have to say a Han Solo prequel strikes me as one of the less interesting ways to go for a one-off movie, but if it's the story Kasdan wants to write then I guess he's earned enough goodwill to get that chance.

53 minutes ago, Leap said:

If we don't see him making the Kessel Run in 14 parsecs, I'll be very disappointed. ;)

As for the casting, eh. I trust that he's going to do a sort of good job, and I trust that the film will be at the least very entertaining, but I really wish they'd done an Obi-Wan duology instead of the Han Solo/Boba Fett films. 

I'm holding on to the hope that we'll get an obi wan inbetweenquell with Ewan Mcgregor at some stage. There should be scope to having him doing stuff other than standing guard over Luke for 16 years and the character's great. Maybe if the new trilogy turns out to have descendants of his then we'll maybe get one after that?

25 minutes ago, Relic said:

awww. can you give me a blow by blow? all cinematic like? 

Are you asking for a large quantity of cocaine right now? 

The trailer you guys are referring to is not an actual trailer, but just another teaser. It was released for the celebration crowd only at this point although we will probably see it before the movie release. Here is what I heard it contains...

Felicity's character as a young girl on her home planet. Grey skies and forests... Then it is shots that we have seen before either from the first trailer, or the new footage. It ends with Valders voice, and we see him as a distorted reflection on marbel.

I am really looking forward to the Solo film. People who have read it are saying it is the best Star Wars script to date. I am really hoping the story is framed around Harrison Ford telling stories to a young Ben Solo... I tear up just thinking about that.

So, will Disney have Vader wipe out the heroes at the end of this movie like they should, or will some survive to be milked dry in books and comics? I prefer the former as it just seems how it should go down to me, gotta show Vader doing his thing no?

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

So, will Disney have Vader wipe out the heroes at the end of this movie like they should, or will some survive to be milked dry in books and comics? I prefer the former as it just seems how it should go down to me, gotta show Vader doing his thing no?

I don't see why every single protagonist in this movie would have to die. I'm sure there will be a few, but I am ready for some more characters to expand on the Universe. The Galaxy is a really big place

5 hours ago, Relic said:

yes. or the rogue one trailer. i'll take either.

So what I saw opened on scattered and seemingly broken death star plans to the scattered and choppy sounds of some kind or battle chatter over a radio. Then there were some flashes of trees, Vader walking down a hall flanked by officers, and a quick shot of what looked like a burning tent through which was walking a certain armored man with a missile backpack.

The exact details are fuzzy as I only saw it the once in the bathroom but I can't find it now and if it was fake then it was of commendable quality.

ETA: I did note at the time that Vader seemed short. He was barely a head taller than the next tallest man.

21 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

I don't see why every single protagonist in this movie would have to die. I'm sure there will be a few, but I am ready for some more characters to expand on the Universe. The Galaxy is a really big place

Since this is a one-off film, why not just have Vader slay away? I've been under the assumption since his inclusion in the film that it was mainly to show him earning his rep on screen. Having a few that get to survive takes away from that imo if they are all together when the inevitable confrontation happens. I guess more than anything I'm worried about Vader being botched.

If the group is split up, by all means keep some alive and expand their characters in future comics or books. The built-in familiarity would only add to the appeal.

28 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Since this is a one-off film, why not just have Vader slay away? I've been under the assumption since his inclusion in the film that it was mainly to show him earning his rep on screen. Having a few that get to survive takes away from that imo if they are all together when the inevitable confrontation happens. I guess more than anything I'm worried about Vader being botched.

If the group is split up, by all means keep some alive and expand their characters in future comics or books. The built-in familiarity would only add to the appeal.

Agreed one hundred percent. Someone in one of the Star Was threads once pointed out that Vader once said the ability do destroy a planet is nothing compared to the power of the force, and that the movies should show us what he meant. That really stuck with me and I could not agree more. I mean none of these people even have a lightsaber, this should essentially be a war movie until the third act when Vader turns it into a horror movie. 

I really want this to be good, but those re-shoots still give me pause that Disney saw the director's version of the movie and then panicked about marketability and four quadrants. I know the company line is that the re-shoots were planned all along, and maybe that's true (I know Marvel operates that way under the Disney umbrella, and obviously that's worked for them.) But at the same time if they did panic about the film and order unscheduled re-shoots you can't expect they'd admit it. 

Archived