Stranger Things (Netflix) [Spoiler Thread]

AncalagonTheBlack

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

There is a selfie of the 5 kids floating around facebook.... its priceless...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/shes-our-friend-and-shes-crazy?utm_term=.xfqpg0MzR#.tnm9AWmrZ

That instagram photo of Millie Bobbie Brown makes her look like a young Natalie Portman.

Also, no there should not be a Nintendo tie-in game for the series -- obviously it should be an Atari tie-in game.  Duh!

On 27/07/2016 at 10:13 PM, Astromech said:

I had to rewatch that episode to confirm

Reveal hidden contents

he wasn't bleeding.

I also didn't see blood when he fell. I simply assumed he must have scraped himself, even if only a little. But I'm willing to concede the creature showed up simply because that area is some kind of hotspot and that's how he was captured.

18 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I also didn't see blood when he fell. I simply assumed he must have scraped himself, even if only a little. But I'm willing to conceded the creature showed up simply because that area is some kind of hotspot and that's how he was captured.

That seems most likely.  The creature also showed up several times when Joyce was there and as far as I know, she wasn't bleeding.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

That seems most likely.  The creature also showed up several times when Joyce was there and as far as I know, she wasn't bleeding.  

Doesn't the creature show up at the house because that is where Will runs and hides from it while in the other dimension? 

23 minutes ago, Relic said:

Doesn't the creature show up at the house because that is where Will runs and hides from it while in the other dimension? 

Perhaps, but the question seems to be whether or not the creature will show up without a blood scent.  He showed up when Will wasn't bleeding, again when Joyce wasn't.  Both of them were able to escape the creature (will in the Upside Down, Joyce in the regular world) while Barb wasn't. 

Will wasn't bleeding, but the creature was looking for Eleven.  Coming across Will was a coincidence, but then the creature followed him because I assume live human being is better than not finding Eleven.  Open question whether the creature wanted Will in order to hatch a baby monster.  Perhaps, if you're bleeding, it will feed, if not bleeding, it'll use you as a hatchery.

I finished this yesterday.

This is MY show!!!

Just the best from beginning to end. Loved the actors, the story, the directing, and most of all 80's nostalgia!

I also thought it was amazing how all the actors (the kids mostly) looked familiar like actors I've seen in other 80's movies or shows. Part of it was how they dressed and talked, wore their hair, but part of it was how they actually looked, they just had the 80's kid look.

I didn't know this show was being made, heard nothing about it, just one day there it was available to stream on Netflix. The most wonderful surprise of the summer!

18 hours ago, Astromech said:

I'm curious as to the gates. Eleven opens the initial one, but the demogorgon seems to have no trouble making other ones.

I think Eleven made it aware of our world. Until then it simply lived alone in the Upside Down and had no knowledge of our world? Also, or alternatively, Eleven opening the initial gate weakened the fabric between the worlds or something (I like is explanation better actually. It explains why it stays within a fairly small area, because it's harder to break through elsewhere.

on the blood thing, remember that the man in the hazmat suit was also not bleeding, and was found and killed easily enough in the Upside Down

34 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think Eleven made it aware of our world. Until then it simply lived alone in the Upside Down and had no knowledge of our world? Also, or alternatively, Eleven opening the initial gate weakened the fabric between the worlds or something (I like is explanation better actually. It explains why it stays within a fairly small area, because it's harder to break through elsewhere.

on the blood thing, remember that the man in the hazmat suit was also not bleeding, and was found and killed easily enough in the Upside Down

Yeah, or maybe Eleven taught it how to open a gate.

They said blood attracts it like a shark, but that is their theory. Maybe it's simply an opportune hunter. Maybe the demogorgon  wasn't hungry when it took Barb, but seized the snack for later. Their really wasn't any difference between what it did to Barb and Will. They simply got to Will early enough to save him.

First two episodes were good fun. When it's dark it's particularly effective. I felt bad for "Benny" - they did a great job of making me care for him in a short space of time.

Not sure what's going on at all. My thoughts are that the Mum (Winona Ryder) may have powers herself and that she's causing the weird shit in the house. I'm also curious as to how old eleven is and how old the sheriff's kid would be if she wasn't dead - if you know what I mean.

The acting is strong all around the kids are pretty good too with Eleven standing out so far with tricky material.

The music is cool too.

2 minutes ago, red snow said:

I'm also curious as to how old eleven is and how old the sheriff's kid would be if she wasn't dead - if you know what I mean.

That was my first thought as well during the early episodes. But what they actually did is even cooler.

Archived