Something Strange in the post. Flowers Solved.

Pebble thats Stubby

2 hours ago, Pebbles said:

there is a bar code thing at the bottom right of the envelop.  Thats completely meaningless to me.  - I could take a photo of it?

The 'squiggle' means the stamp was cancelled (somebody actually mailed this letter and didn't just stick it in your mail slot.)

Take the envelope to the post office.  That barcode will tell them when and where it entered the mail stream.  (Post office of origin, or at least the sorting plant.) Might narrow down your suspect list a bit. 

2 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Just for the record, this GB based poster isn't guilty - never sent anything in the post to anyone online without specific request.

My creepy-weirdness runs in different directions.

I also want to say this actually. I feel this has reached a level of creepiness where I don't want to be a suspect at all. 

Apart from anything else Pebs I don't know where you live, so I promise it's not me

I'd swear it's not me either, but then I was sure I'd posted in this thread and apparently haven't, so maybe I'm having episodes. Could have been deleted by a mod, I guess, but my only real comment was on the anachronistic nature of sending a lock of hair (in addition to the creepy) which wouldn't seem to be remotely problematic, so...dunno. 

I think you should get a bit more pro-active as this point Pebbles. Directly PM all those you think it could be and ask for a refutation. Clearly the waiting it out thing isn't working, and I don't think you'll fee comfortable just leaving it as is. Don't worry about offending people, and don't treat the suspicion as a value judgment, just a list of who could physically be able to get your address, then process of elimination. If everyone denies it, that's going to be it anyways.

Since it's now the season of denial.

It was not me. And it couldn't have been.

I don't know Pebbles, and I also do not know anybody's address on this board. I am not a Brit, and I don't live in Britain. And in addition to that, I even had to google what on earth Mr. Men and Lil' Miss characters are. 

And a part of me felt somewhat disappointed after the google search.

I have now heard back from everyone, but one person who knows me as Pebble, lives in the UK  and knows my address.

The person I've not heard from is not very active any more.  However I am certain to catch up with him at the end of the month.  I will ask him in person then.    - I don't actually think its him either, but process of elimination....

I do think its highly likely that I've missed someone.  I just can't think who.  

I think the person who sent it is not one of the people I've contacted or someone who has read this thread. 

If they have read the thread, then I believe they probably feel bad about the fuss they have caused and are frightened / reluctant to come forward.  I just want to say to them,  its ok.   I won't share your Identity of think less of you.  I know you didn't mean to make me feel this way.  I'd appreciate a PM, but understand if you feel you can't contact me.   I'm a little sad you don't trust me enough for that.   Is there someone else you do trust who could PM me on your behalf?  they could keep your ID secret - Just let me know that it is someone I actually know and not a creepy person who worked hard for my address.    At the very least, Please don't send me anything anonymous again.   It is not funny.  It is not on.

I'm not as freaked out as I was.  I've had time to well think.  Providing I don't get any more weird anonymous stuff, I think this was just a joke that went a little wrong.  And I am kinda ok with never finding out who sent it.

For the record  the Item sent

http://i.imgur.com/VzU6ASD.jpg?1

and  http://i.imgur.com/bLH83j7.jpg?1

• 3 months later...

Someone really has not got the message.

Please DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING,  without adding your name.

Its wrong, Its creepy, and it is totally not appreciated.

If anyone would like to claim responsibility and tell me the florist messed up the message by not saying who it is from, I'd really appreciate it.  However as nice as the flowers are I have already passed them on to someone else, cos I can't look at them without being creeped out.

I also hate that now I'm a going to be looking at my friends and people I used to trust with suspicion and a little doubt.  I'm sure its someone who knows me from here or from TitanCon, because again they addressed the gift to Pebble.     (yes it could be someone from facebook who has picked up a lot of people call me Pebble - but I think that's unlikely)

The Innocent people reading this.   You don't have to deny sending me anything.  and I'm sorry if I may be a bit more wary around you now.

So once again

DO NOT SEND ME STUFF.  

ITS NOT NICE.

Yes again.

and no I never did find out who sent the Mr Man poster.

And yes if its someone who has read this thread or replied to my messages then Yes they are Not a friend.

ya know I kinda thought that after the Poster, and they saw the effect they where just too embarrassed to say anything, but would learn and not do it again.   I am hoping the florist missed part of the message, and its a genuine mistake this time.  - although I have no idea why I was sent flowers.    But I don't have much hope.

I regret now letting the first one go.  I should have gotten that envelope checked out as suggested by someone here.   I've phoned the florist. but they can't help me, the call was made over the phone, but not to the local shop directly.

oh, shit, AGAIN? :( sorry mate...that's so creepy and i'm sorry it's got you wary of friends, but totally understandable! - sending things like this without a message really doesn't make sense either...i really hope someone isn't trying to spook you and it's just someone who just didn't get the message and thinks theyre being nice or something ...not to be rude but some people just don't know how to people at ALL. 

Peb.s - did you keep any details of the florist? because this time they've left a paper trail - one you'll have a tough time following if you tried; but if a local florist type, then go to their shop and ask the name on the credit card that paid - if a larger national, then that's trickier, but the cops could if they wanted to.

ETA: sorry, that'll teach me to read fully before hitting reply; still though, someone paid.

I do have another update.

The Flower sender has come forward and confessed.  And told me what the message should of said, which would of had indicated who sent it.   unfortunately it was very garbled as the phone operator miss heard just about everything.  

The flower sender denies sending the original poster. and is very sorry for any confusion and is very embarrassed by the whole thing.  It also makes scene now why they would be sending me flowers.  I'm sure my neighbour appreciates them very much.

So latest drama over.

Archived