Why did Netanyahu say "New Zealand's resolution against Israel is a declaration of war?"

chuck norris 42

Netanyahu wants an Israeli homeland covering the ancient lands of Israel. He wants the remaining descendants of the erstwhile Ottoman Empire who happen to occupy that same territory today, and who for political reasons call themselves Palestinians, despite no Palestinian state ever having existed in the region in the past, to be removed from this territory and to join their brethren in neighbouring countries.

If that makes him an arsehole, well, so be it.

1 hour ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Netanyahu wants an Israeli homeland covering the ancient lands of Israel. He wants the remaining descendants of the erstwhile Ottoman Empire who happen to occupy that same territory today, and who for political reasons call themselves Palestinians, despite no Palestinian state ever having existed in the region in the past, to be removed from this territory and to join their brethren in neighbouring countries.

Do you think they should go? If so why?

2 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Netanyahu most likely does not Israel in its "Ancient Lands".  He wants East Jerusalem and Strategic areas that will most likely make a Palestine State impossible. 

He set up a Political Coalition that most likely wants the "Ancient Lands" and he has to deal with that.  In addition in the U.S you have the strongest "Allies" being those who want a restoration of "Ancient Lands".  In addition you have nearly a very high land of indifference torwards the Palestinians from several leaders in both major parties.

Netanyahu is more a simple Political creature but he is not a fanatic though plenty of his "Allies" are.

Yes wanting to commit Genocide is a great sign of a asshole.

Because Israel's current government is one that sees the smallest hint of reproach as, instead, a sign of perfidy and betrayal.  They're constantly screaming that the sky is falling.  They're the drunk guy at the bar who responds to "hey man, not cool, maybe you could back off a bit" with "FUCK YOU I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT" and then punches a random stranger.  

3 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Should Netanyahu declare war on countries that support UN resolutions he disagrees with?

9 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. But, I thought the Palestians were Arabs or maybe they are not exactly, having origins from many peoples, I am not sure, but they aren't Turks. While the Ottamans were Turks. Two different groups ethnically and linguistically. So, I am not real clear about the Palestinians being the "descendants" of the Ottomans. Nor do I understand the relevance of the point if they were in fact descendants.

And I am not sure, why them not having a "state" as we think of modern states, as they came into being around the 18th Century is relevant here. Why isn't it relevant that those people have lived there for a long time? Why is them having a state even relevant?

Anyone?

Bueller?

It seems to me this is an argument for some sort of an ethnic cleansing of a people. And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that is utterly wrong.

1 minute ago, Leap said:

First-come first-serve is a less than perfect argument for who has the right to live in X-place imo. If that's the case, much of Europe will soon be welcoming home 340M American and Canadian compatriots. 

And I don't think the people of Israel should have to leave their country. That wasn't the argument I was making, if you are addressing me. That said, I'm not sure what the rationale is for making the Palestinians leave.

9 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

You know that the 'ancient lands of Israel' were only Israeli for a blink in time, right? The Canaanites/etc. before them and the various Levantine peoples during after the (very brief) Kingdom of Israel lived there much, much, much longer.

Right? If it weren't for the Bible et al, this would be just another lost kingdom, like Deira or the Nabataeans. 

54 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. But, I thought the Palestians were Arabs or maybe they are not exactly, having origins from many peoples, I am not sure, but they aren't Turks. While the Ottamans were Turks. Two different groups ethnically and linguistically. So, I am not real clear about the Palestinians being the "descendants" of the Ottomans. Nor do I understand the relevance of the point if they were in fact descendants.

And I am not sure, why them not having a "state" as we think of modern states, as they came into being around the 18th Century is relevant here. Why isn't it relevant that those people have lived there for a long time? Why is them having a state even relevant?

Anyone?

Bueller?

It seems to me this is an argument for some sort of ethnic cleansing of a people. And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that is utterly wrong.

Exactly.

51 minutes ago, Leap said:

First-come first-serve is a less than perfect argument for who has the right to live in X-place imo. If that's the case, much of Europe will soon be welcoming home 340M American and Canadian compatriots. 

Well, if the Celts all move back to their central Asia homeland, there should be lots of room.

Archived