Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

Why I was sad they got rid of the witch in this episode. I feel like having a few recurring villains is good. They don't have to all last the whole season but it makes for more compelling television. Right now we just have John Cho's character and he's rather sympathetic.

Well, there's the actual demon in the mirror but hard to think of it as a character.

Yeah I was kinda rooting for the witch to survive. I think she might have actually made things interesting. What's needed is a human adversary that they can interact with and actually tie in some of the actual police investigation stuff into. At the moment it's too mystic. It makes me wonder how she can get away with keeping an investigation going with noone to actually lock up or question.

I hate to bring Grimm up again, but that's one thing that's done well on that show. There's no reason for his police department to get suspicious bc there's always some human element to everything. I'm kinda holding out hope that she's not dead yet. Seems a bit of an easy way to kill a witch who was resurrected after 200 years but what do I know.

I've actually enjoyed it so far, and the creative re-telling of the Sleepy Hollow story which was actually a morality tale on cowardice and greed. Ichabod Crane wasn't a nice guy.

He was a fortune hunter who set his sights on the richest girl in town, and Brahm Bones, (her boyfriend), chased him off by dressing up as the headless horseman. B)

Crane later came into his own and married a widow from up state New York. :thumbsup:

And while I like the post-it notes on how to take a shower, they need to get him new clothes. He also should have gotten car sick.

I really like that we saw Clancy Brown get decapitated, that was a nice Easter egg for all the Highlander fans out there. I bet we see that witch from episode 2 again this season.

I'm watching episode 3 right now... it's goofy, but a fun show. I love the mythic version of the American Revolution- in this episode, Native Americans were some of the biggest supporters of the Patriots, infiltrating British camps and such.

ETA: Next week will be good- Crane is behind the Boston Tea Party! This show is like "National Treasure" meets "Grimm".

I enjoyed last night's episode more than the second. Even though I do wish a monster would last longer than one episode, the Sandman was a compelling villain. Tying in the Native American roots is a move in the right direction too. If you're going to play with a mythology based around North America in the 1770's, it should be a blend of Native American and European influences, not just European.

I liked the portrayal of the Mohican too. ie He looked like an average Joe who just happened to have native ancestral roots. Modern NAs shouldn't all be living on a reservation with long hair. (There's a place for that too, but the spectrum isn't shown enough).

Anyway. That got more analytical than I intended.

Crane "lost in time" quote of the night: "No more pow wows? I liked those."

Yeah, so far this is way better than SHIELD.

I also liked their Native American character, and incorporating more spirituality than the Book of Revelation.

I do think Icky would be a bit more struck by the genocide of the Native American population. That's not something you easily get over. At the same time, this probably isn't the show to explore that.

I watched it with my sister, and at one point I said that at some point someone is going to have to introduce him to jeans. She said, "why would they!?"

Is using the phrase "out of the picture" anachronistic for Ichabod?

Sadly, I'm not getting into this. Wasn't thrilled with this ep either. It doesn't feel cohesive. I did like the way it started and liked the pace, but now I'm hoping they slow it down a bit and develop some things. I know they have the backstory woven in and we get a bit of it each time, but that's not engaging me yet. I can give it a few more eps, but I'm not optimistic.

I enjoyed last night's episode more than the second. Even though I do wish a monster would last longer than one episode, the Sandman was a compelling villain. Tying in the Native American roots is a move in the right direction too. If you're going to play with a mythology based around North America in the 1770's, it should be a blend of Native American and European influences, not just European.

I liked the portrayal of the Mohican too. ie He looked like an average Joe who just happened to have native ancestral roots. Modern NAs shouldn't all be living on a reservation with long hair. (There's a place for that too, but the spectrum isn't shown enough).

Anyway. That got more analytical than I intended.

Crane "lost in time" quote of the night: "No more pow wows? I liked those."

:agree:

I saw the show and decided to peek into the tread to see who's here and I was delighted to see so many familiar faces,honestly I feel it's like 20-30 ppl that are discussing the same shows :lol: ppl we need to get out more :lol:

And something I hoped wouldn't happen any time soon happened,I like yet another show and I want to watch it. When Almost human starts I'll barely have time to eat and sleep :D

Anyhow...Sleepy hollow. It started soooo good. I loved the beginning not dragging about the time jump. I loved Abbey and the sheriff dinamics,loved the look sheriff and priest exchanged and I started to buy into Crane vs future thing (he was educated man and all so he finds it less shocking) and then they revealed the horseman as death. Lame oh sooo lame. Hello Supernatural meets Secret circle. The just kept adding stuff to the point it got ridiculous. Witches,new planes,visions of demons,crazy sister,Washington being into occult,civil war being about stopping the apocalypse (seriously ppl have you been watching tv lately,Apocalypse came and went,the Winchester bros stopped it),immortal priest,witch wife...ay caramba.And that's not all,there's this crazy Bible,the team of ppl who are supposed to save the world,and they discovered it in two minutes. Way way too much. This could have been enough material for at least 10 episodes.Plus they got rid of sheriff and priest :(

BTW Clancy has some serious case of Sean Bean-ism. not only he dies a lot but he dies the same way.

They went too far with Horseman shooting around the town. Too Arnoldy. But still there are more things I like then I dislike. Crane and Abbey are great together. I love her character,I'm really rooting for her. Crane is cute,very cute :leer: (yes when a show is this ridiculous I'm that shallow :P ) I like how Crane has some cute little out of the time moments. "So you woman,how long have you not been a slave?"

Second episode wasn't as good,I give you that but it continued in the same manner so I'm giving this a fair chance. I'm watching episode tree for sure. And now we have secret plane where Crane's wife is waiting for him to rescue her...no no no...I was kind of hoping for some partner lovin'

Damn, that demon at the mirror freaked me the fuck out!

You and me both. I jumped and squeaked...whole nine yards...

I was much less enthralled with this new episode, but I'm still on board. I have a girl crush on Abbie. My god she's gorgeous.

They are quite pretty,yes. I like her character too. I like the actress.

I'm hoping that was just a bad episode - I don't mind silly, over the top, ridiculous storytelling, what I mind is boring, lazy, mechanical storytelling. Convenient secret tunnels filled with convenient books and convenient gunpowder. No cookie!

And the tunnels was just silly. Yeah like for 200+ years no one ever came in there to see all the corpses and gun powder...even though they knew it was there,the tunnel I mean,they did seal it...so what...they just saw a tunnel and said let's seal this without looking what's there...

Extremely efficient, except the bit where they stuck it in some kind of disused and forgotten, yet extremely historic, Indiana Jones clutter room and covered it with a sheet in lieu of anyone actually paying any attention to the dead detective's secret files. Eh, public employees, you know?

I had some strange feeling that room might become something like Walter's lab at Harward. Ik needs somewhere to work and live etc...

I also think crane needs to change outfit and at least run a hairbrush trough his hair asap. Yes he's doing all that I'm time traveler thing but still...

I would rather have two different one season shows for 13 episodes on air, than one 22 episode season show.

I think Orlando Jones's character is a bad dude......or just a dude in the know, but I think he is a bad guy.

I do keep waiting for him to offer them a 7-up though.

Sleepy Hollow renewed for season 2 but does not get a back 9 order. Good. I hope networks start moving towards the 13 episode model. I hate 22 episodes. Too much filler.

Agreed. My favorite shows, the ones I wait for every fall and spring, all fit nicely into 13 episodes.

If a show warrants 22 episodes, great. but most don't really.

Archived