Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Hope springs eternal, we're all Tantalus here

Sci-2

Trailer for the

- suggests that

someone is going to die. I hope it's Ward...

I highly doubt that they'd kill anyone in the group. My guess would be Skye gets shot and survives thanks to an emerging superpower or something along those lines.

Though I certainly wouldn't mind getting rid of Ward. Or really anybody on the team.

That sounds promising at least. I liked Jamie Alexander and thought the two Thor movies could have done more with her than just hint at the fact she was at least a little jealous of Natalie Portman.

I have the two most recent eps on DVR and just have not taken the time to watch them. I suppose at some point I may try this weekend.

Caught up.

It was a decent episode. I believe the kids from the academy was named Donny Gill? That's the second Blizzard in the marvel universe. Wears a cold generating suit created by Justin Hammer I believe. Iron Man villain, albeit a somewhat reluctant one.

Is it just me or, despite the mystery of who Skye is, is she actually this baby that caused so much death and why, they've essentially neutered the story for the time being? If her past/parentage was that important, why were we, the audience, not privy to Coulson telling her the while take and her reaction to him? Instead we here what he said that she said. I think this plotline is going to be shelved for a while...

Still not caught up... just got spoiled by the "Trending topics" on my Facebook page.

FWIW, the spoiler does sound promising...

Mike Peterson will return after his explosion scene in The Bridge as Deathlok.

Between that and confirmation of another established Marvel villain showing up in the episode featuring Sif, there may be hope that this is heading in the right direction.

I wonder how much Jeph Loeb fucked them in the first 2/3 of the season. Guy apparently thinks serialized arcs are bad.

I just don't think AoSHIELD can function without arcs. Of course the stories and characters themselves need retuning as NCIS functions without arcs being addressed all the time yet the character interaction is way better.

Maybe this show can keep 6 million viewers if they send Coulson's team on the run with few resources?

I wonder how much Jeph Loeb fucked them in the first 2/3 of the season. Guy apparently thinks serialized arcs are bad.

I just don't think AoSHIELD can function without arcs. Of course the stories and characters themselves need retuning as NCIS functions without arcs being addressed all the time yet the character interaction is way better.

Maybe this show can keep 6 million viewers if they send Coulson's team on the run with few resources?

There just isn't any chemistry between the characters except maybe Fitz and Simmons. That's the biggest issue. They're all bland.

There just isn't any chemistry between the characters except maybe Fitz and Simmons. That's the biggest issue. They're all bland.

What's weird to me is there was opportunity for interesting conflict. I mean Skye's whole Red Tide hacktivism could've influenced the group to be less accepting of SHIELD's casual violation of privacy which begins to lead to at least some pseudo-rebel status.

eta: Right now NCIS has more rebel vs. authority stuff woven into its fabric.

But really they need new writers for S2. Maybe new showrunners too - a lesson in not hiring your kid brother and his wife.

Still not caught up... just got spoiled by the "Trending topics" on my Facebook page.

FWIW, the spoiler does sound promising...

Mike Peterson will return after his explosion scene in The Bridge as Deathlok.

Between that and confirmation of another established Marvel villain showing up in the episode featuring Sif, there may be hope that this is heading in the right direction.

Well we saw him after the explosion in an episode already and he was already pretty much the character they've been hinting at. The weird thing is whether this was always their plan (in fairness possible) or was it fans writing more interesting scenarios that led them to that conclusion?

The guy has been a blight on comics for the best part of a decade. At least while he's busy doing TV, he isn't writing flagship comic books. He must have friends in the right places to keep getting all these TV roles with Marvel though.

If the creators from Person of Interest or Fringe were writing the show I'd see Loeb's point in doing done in one episodes with hints of arc over the top. Hell, Whedon pretty much set that formula up himself (for this generation of TV - along with JMS). To have episodes that could be shown in any order and the characters appear the same is too outdated for today's boxset/netflix and regular viewer though.

Question for those more versed in the Marvel/Shield mythology than I am...in the last episode, with the Shield "Wall of Honor", there seemed to be a number of different symbols on the wall. Different divisions of Shield? The early symbols in particular seemed different - a sort of OSS thing there? Minor thing really, but I was curious.

I agree with the general sentiment. This was definitely the first episode where I cared about anything and it was mostly related to Skye's story. That being said, what a HUGE monumental coincidence that they stumble on to her and she happens to have been protected by SHIELD as a 084.

I also enjoyed learning about the different SHIELD facilities and finally getting some kind of background on Fitz and Simmons.These might just be characters after all.

It was my favorite episode so far; I wasn't bored at all.

I think my biggest problem with the show is that I really don't like Skye or find her believable. Why would SHIELD allow Coulson to keep a girl who is affiliated with anti-SHIELD hackers on the team or anywhere near the team? Wouldn't secret government organizations kinda frown on that?

I like Fitz-Simmons; they're at least cute. I like Melinda May. Ward's a bore.

Question for those more versed in the Marvel/Shield mythology than I am...in the last episode, with the Shield "Wall of Honor", there seemed to be a number of different symbols on the wall. Different divisions of Shield? The early symbols in particular seemed different - a sort of OSS thing there? Minor thing really, but I was curious.

More of a show thing I think. And the symbols were likely just divisions.

It was my favorite episode so far; I wasn't bored at all.

I think my biggest problem with the show is that I really don't like Skye or find her believable. Why would SHIELD allow Coulson to keep a girl who is affiliated with anti-SHIELD hackers on the team or anywhere near the team? Wouldn't secret government organizations kinda frown on that?

I like Fitz-Simmons; they're at least cute. I like Melinda May. Ward's a bore.

why would SHIELD as the organization let her stay? They revealed that in the last episode basically - she IS one of the things they investigate.

For me, Ward's a bore - but he is supposed to be. He is supposed to be the robotic just get it done without emotion. May is the character I dislike most, the way they portray her seems like went to a playbook somewhere and said "Ah, Inscrutable Yellow Devil, THAT is what this show needs!"

Finally caught the last two episodes...they are getting better. Still miles to go, but at least there seems to be some direction of trying to make arcs actually work and be forefront.

why would SHIELD as the organization let her stay? They revealed that in the last episode basically - she IS one of the things they investigate.

But does Shield know? There was this baby that was hidden by a couple agents to prevent something terrible from happening. Coulson and May know that she was an orphan, but did they know she was the 184?

But does Shield know? There was this baby that was hidden by a couple agents to prevent something terrible from happening. Coulson and May know that she was an orphan, but did they know she was the 184?

They didn't know she was the target, but SHIELD knew - not everyone most likely but I'd guess Fury has a file somewhere that explains Skye.

Archived