Disney's Frozen

Jaxom 1974

On the dress thing, as I said earlier I'm OK with the dress at least within my interpretation. It was this walk right after the wardrobe change that annoyed me while watching it

http://michi-yukifan01.tumblr.com/post/70723328995/i-love-this-walk-such-a-sexy-woman

(Yes I'm aware of the irony of using a blog post loving it to complain about it)

It's just too over the top, half that much hip sway would have looked much better and not pulled me out.

Definitely said "Three Years Later." It's part of the theory that Rapunzel is the cousin to Elsa and Anna, and that the parents were sailing to Rapunzel's wedding; that move came out 3 years ago.

Heh. Said that up thread... :p

Also, I changed the parenting earlier in the thread too...agree with you on those points...

On the dress thing, as I said earlier I'm OK with the dress at least within my interpretation. It was this walk right after the wardrobe change that annoyed me while watching it

http://michi-yukifan01.tumblr.com/post/70723328995/i-love-this-walk-such-a-sexy-woman

(Yes I'm aware of the irony of using a blog post loving it to complain about it)

It's just too over the top, half that much hip sway would have looked much better and not pulled me out.

It's also interesting that the hip action and slit go away after the end of Let It Go. Without that the dress isn't any sexier than what Anna wears to the Coronation. It's main purpose is to just emphasis that Elsa doesn't feel the feel like all the characters around her since they are all bundled up in furs.

It's also interesting that the hip action and slit go away after the end of Let It Go.

Because she stops dancing when the song is over. Come on, who doesn't sway their hips when dancing?

Jussi. Cool Av indeed. Currently wearing the shirt. Which admittedly tripped me out for a second.

Just my thoughts on the ice dress.

I didn't see it as "sexy". Mostly because the song was about self acceptance and she was alone.

If the song had been about how the guy of her dreams will finally notice her. Now that she made an effort to sexify herself. As she is dancing in front of a mirror. Then I'd be all up in arms (sort of).

The thing is she is acknowledging that she is special so she changes into something that reflects that. She struts and throws her arms out because she is accepting of herself and proud of her self finally. She spent her life closed in, careful, afraid and covered up. Now she is finally able to cut loose.

It's for no one's benefit but her own.

Besides it's still rather tame. Especially in comparison with other Disney female depictions. It's neither revealing. Not even really form fitting. You don't even get cleavage.

The worst thing that wardrobe change did for me was to call into question what her actual powers were. She animates inanimate things. There's auto tailoring. Freezing and making huge amounts of snow and ice out of thin air. I mean she could probably magic missile the darkness while drinking mountain dew if she wanted.

That was my favorite song from the movie, I know everyone is in love with 'let it go' but having a seven year old that plays the song on replay countless times within a day, it gets easier and easier to dislike it with a passion.

I also love this song and For the First Time in Forever because they have such sad overtones but with a happy beat. Although I do love Let it Go, I end up listening to these songs more.

I also love this song and For the First Time in Forever because they have such sad overtones but with a happy beat. Although I do love Let it Go, I end up listening to these songs more.

I loved all the songs TBH, except Fixer-Upper... seemed kind of out of place.

We're on 9th page, and I still have no idea why this of all animation movies has inspired such passion. It followed all the conventions (no, there was nothing 'revolutionizing' about the romance thing) but was below average in each area. The characters were characters in an animation movie, the comic relief was a comic relief, the villain was a villain and the rollercoaster action scenes were just that. It wasn't particularly worse than movies like Cars or Turbo or Despicable Me, but it wasn't better either. I don't get it. Sometimes, these things seem so random.

I think it's precisely the confusion of multiple reading and multiple possibilities that's driving the popularity and keeping people talking about it. It's a coming out story. It's about depression. It's about introversion. It's about feminism. It's about family. It's a love story. It's a subversion of a love story. It seems to tick a different box for a lot of people and thus naturally cover more ground - and keep people talking - than something that might actually be stronger on all accounts and thus have a much clearer, but also narrower, take-home.

my daughter sings the let it go song compulsively around the house now. so I mess with her mercilessly by suggesting that let it go let it go can't hold it back anymore simply means that ms. ilsa needs very urgently to defecate. daughter disrespectfully disagrees.

a movie about defecatory urgency is fairly revolutionary, I think, and it's least common denominator enough that four-year olds and internet dummies can unite in celebration of its awesomeness.

...and there's that goddamned song, which I'm personally deeply unthrilled by. I don't know if I displaced my soul or what, but "let it go, be yourself, etc, etc" just doesn't speak to any iota of my being, it just makes me grind my teeth.

Personally, I see it as the tale of Hans the failed coup d'etatster. An inherintence-less youngest son, driven by an ingrained sense of self-worth based on an aristo-patriarchial value system of land-ownership, he woos and seduces this utter flake of a girl only to be foiled by her neurotic sister while she runs off with a goddamned reindeer herder raised, literally, by rocks. It's about the control of the means of production in a feudal society.

Isn't everything?

ETA: The "fixer upper" song SAYS it doesn't mean what some people here have said it means, as shown by the actual lyrics. I thought the song was adorable.

"Fixer Upper" is the ultimate second act song for a major Broadway musical...all the numbers, it's like they were writing for the stage and not film when they put them together...

the villain was a villain

Personally, I see it as the tale of Hans the failed coup d'etatster. An inherintence-less youngest son, driven by an ingrained sense of self-worth based on an aristo-patriarchial value system of land-ownership, he woos and seduces this utter flake of a girl only to be foiled by her neurotic sister while she runs off with a goddamned reindeer herder raised, literally, by rocks. It's about the control of the means of production in a feudal society.

Isn't everything?

That's one of the things about the movie though. The villain wasn't even revealed until the end. And once he was, and you go back and watch the movie fifty times because your 2 1/2 year old is obsessed, you realize he's constantly telling you he's going to make a play to take over...even in the "Love is an Open Door" Song, he's basically saying he's so gonne rule the kingdom... :p

...even in the "Love is an Open Door" Song, he's basically saying he's so gonne rule the kingdom... :P

Really? I have listened to the soundtrack approximately, oh, 700 times, and this has gone right over my head.

Archived