Videogame thread: Stick of Falling Titan Truth

Werthead

Have you got a link to that? I'd be very interested in having a look. I loved that game.

Here you go. Its often irreverent, so, fair warning on that. I loved the game too though and really enjoyed reading it. He's done some others too. The ones for Drakengard and Drakengard 2 were extremely funny.

As long as they don't start up another useless Steam competitor, I'm ok with it.

Hell, Windows support for the 360 controller is already more then most companies have done for the PC platform.

Coming soon: Games For Windows Live One

Yeah, I'm doubtful considering GWFL seems to be abandoned. It's actually killing Bulletstorm.

At most, you might see something with the Windows 8 store thingy, but I'm hoping not.

Which of them would be best? And preferrably won't allow me to get permanently stuck, if I miss an item/interaction that subsequently becomes unavaliable? I am not retro-hardcore enough for something like that...

Hmmm... it's been far too long since I played them for me to remember for sure. But basically, stick to the later ones. The earlier ones all had that problem for sure. Things like the latter King's Quest games should be ok (and have a lot better graphics and be better games all round).

Freelancer sequel?

Sod that, we still need StarLancer 2 (and 3, to bridge the gap to Freelancer).

With Chris Roberts making a new space game with more money than any space game he's made before and 100% complete creative control and no publisher restrictions, I think the chances of Microsoft luring him back (or EA trying to get more Wing Commander) are pretty close to zero.

FFX was one of the easiest games I've ever played. Hard to imagine having any issues with it at all.

Yeah, I'm playing the HD remake now, and it's a very simple system indeed. However, I do recall a couple of the battles being tricky, but then again, that was almost 12 years ago.

I've been playing through Rome 2 again (Parthia, now own everything east of Cyprus) but i'm starting to give up on as I've reached that point that i've stopped at every other time as my Empire is now big enough that nothing is even a threat to me. I've got three wars going on and in each my troops massively outnumber and outmatch the enemy. Its been a good decade in game since I lost an army and even I just sent in two armies a few turns later and crushed them.

I wasn't the biggest fan of realm divide but at least it made the last third of a campaign challanging

I suppose it's ok. It means that Occulus should have access to more money, and that the technology will be used for none gaming purposes eventually. Judging by the Verge write up, the initial launch of the consumer product should continue as planned.

I think it could dilute(?) Oculus. From what I was hearing about it before, it was supposed to be primarily a gaming application. Zuck's quote about the acquisition suggests to me they'll take a social media angle on it instead. Not sure how that'll affect its success, but I guess Oculus will have access to more funds, as Alcibiades says (presumably).

Just a random question, but I'm really wondering after I upgraded to a GTX 770. What games have the best graphics on PC? Outside of Civ 5, Skyrim and a handful of older games, I've only played on consoles. I wanna see some eyecandy for once :D

modded skyrim (dem enbs), crysis, metro last light.

Bioshock Infinite was quite good graphically. I mean, Civ5 is very nice, but that's a strategy game, it's nowhere near as impressive as first/third person games.

Rome 2 Total War's battles probably look really great as well.

What do you guys honk of Facebook buying Oculus Rift?

So now you make a Kickstarter just to get bought a few years later for billions by one of the Big Brothers wannabe.

Great way of increasing the credibility of kickstarter projects. This crap will just reduce the amount of crowdfunding for any future techie project, because people won't want to be suckers that aren't funding a project but just helping a few people becoming millionaires - and doing the financial groundwork that Facebook should do itself, if it's really interested in that kind of technology.

This shit is appalling on so many levels it's not even funny.

Archived