Videogame thread: Stick of Falling Titan Truth

Werthead

A lot of people playing this game right now are really, really dumb. I see tons of warnings and bloodstains only to discover that they are the result of idiots rolling off cliffs for no reason. A few messages have been really helpful.

My guess? They're seeing messages saying "try jumping" or "shortcut ahead" or "secret here" or something of that nature.

My first death in DS1 came from leaping down the well in Firelink because a) I saw a ghost do it and hadn't caught on to the fact that they were ghosts not just brief images of players doing things and b) there was a message saying that there was a secret there. So I jumped. I became a lot warier of messages after that. :P

So I just found out that covering up the camera on the Kinnect is useless, you actually have to cover up the space about two inches right of the camera. I just unplugged it and stuffed it in a box, what a creepy fucking piece of equipment.

So I just found out that covering up the camera on the Kinnect is useless, you actually have to cover up the space about two inches right of the camera. I just unplugged it and stuffed it in a box, what a creepy fucking piece of equipment.

.... ok?

I very much agree.

Eta: might I suggest electrical tape?

I don't know. I think the Kinnect is kind of cool. I use the voice commands almost exclusively when I want to launch an app or game. To be honest, I'm not afraid of it recording me either. I own a cellphone and use the internet; I'm already in some kind of database I'm guessing.

God dammit I was already into Civ 5 in my first game, but now I'm completely absorbed into it after I got the Brave New World expansion. How can I pull myself away so I can, you know, do something else?

Congratulations, you're now a bonafide Civilization fan. :)

Heh I've tried that all day. Maybe I should try a different way to get away from the game...after the next turn of course.

Civ is the ultimate time warp. You blink and four hours have gone by, it's the middle of the night, and you still haven't conquered the English.

I think I might be the last person in the world to finally realise the greatness that is Portal. Somehow I have avoided getting my hands on it through the various HL and HL2 titles I have, no idea why. Luckily, I have no remedied that and GLaDOS and I are fast friends. I eagerly await my cake and grief counseling.

A lot of people playing this game right now are really, really dumb. I see tons of warnings and bloodstains only to discover that they are the result of idiots rolling off cliffs for no reason. A few messages have been really helpful.

Secret hunters. Think you see something off the ledge? Hop down and check it out. And with the limited respawns you can clear the area, then jump off all the cliffs you like without worry over recovering your souls.

I jumped down the well in Majula too. Saw the blood stains. Saw the platforms in the hole. Maybe they missed? Maybe it's too far? Only one way to find out.

Getting nuked by Gandhi is usually a great way to achieve this :D

You know what? I have never, ever been nuked by Gandhi. Every playthrough that he's been in, we've always become friends. Always. The one time we've fought is when I declared war on HIM, because I was going to win by science within 5 turns and I wanted to use my death robots.

Heh I've tried that all day. Maybe I should try a different way to get away from the game...after the next turn of course.

Try Age of Empires 2. It's sort of like Civ V, but it's a RTS game, on smaller maps. But you still build up your civilization. It's just as bad as Civ V. For me, Civ V is easier to quit, because you can measure by turns. In AoE2, nothing stops, so you don't know when to quit.

Yeah that was a bit off-putting when I first heard about it, especially coupled with the 'always connected to the internet' thing they originally had going.

I think I might be the last person in the world to finally realise the greatness that is Portal. Somehow I have avoided getting my hands on it through the various HL and HL2 titles I have, no idea why. Luckily, I have no remedied that and GLaDOS and I are fast friends. I eagerly await my cake and grief counseling.

The ending scene for Portal 2 is one of the best endings I've ever sat through. Really topped off a good couple of games.

Archived