Board Issues 4

Angalin

31 minutes ago, Ran said:

Sorry, missed this from earlier.

Why not change your password to something else, or request a new password be sent to you? Seems like that may be the easiest way to sort this out.

I use Chrome myself and can't say I've ever had a password issue, so I _think_ the problem is that the password you've put in is not correct.

Cheers, Ran and no worries. 
The thing is, I can only access the board on iPad/Safari saved password. When I try on android phone or even iPad/Chrome using the saved password I use for Safari it tells me the password is wrong. I thought about trying to change the password but then got worried about not being able to log on from any device/browser. 
I will try that and if everything goes wrong I’ll ask someone to reach out here n the help thread to rescue me out of board limbo. :lol:

Edited by kissdbyfire

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Cheers, Ran and no worries. 
The thing is, I can only access the board on iPad/Safari saved password. When I try on android phone or even iPad/Chrome using the saved password I use for Safari it tells me the password is wrong. I thought about trying to change the password but then got worried about not being able to log on from any device/browser. 
I will try that and if everything goes wrong I’ll ask someone to reach out here n the help thread to rescue me out of board limbo. :lol:

If there's any issues, you can mail me at [email protected]. :)

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

@Ran I don’t know if anyone else has reported this problem but starting two or three days ago, every time I look at Westeros from my phone I’m signed out, and the “Remember me” feature does not seem to work.

I feel like we've run into this before, but you're the only report so far. My suggestion would be to clear your Westeros.org cookies, fully close the browser, and then start the browser and try to log in. The cookie you have is probably corrupted.

If that doesn't work, I think there's something I can do from my side, just let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

the formatting on my phone has changed so that the first paragraph of the initial post appears, its super annoying,, any ideas how i turn it off?

There's a pair of buttons start to the big "Start new topic" button in each forum. You've switched from the first, compact option to the second, expanded option. Just click the first button again.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble posting from an android phone? It's like I'm getting phantom inputs. Like it will often add tons of newlines or blank spaces after my post. If I take too long typing it will start clicking around to random parts of the text, sometimes highlighting some of it.

I thought maybe it was my phone, but it only seems to be an issue here. I can open a notes app and get no phantom inputs. 

8 hours ago, Ran said:

I use an Android phone and can't say I've ever had that issue. Do you use something other than Chrome for browsing?

Sorry, false alarm. It finally happened on reddit too. It happens much more here for some reason. And never in the notes app. I'm sure it's my phone 

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2022 at 6:50 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I’ve noticed that I can access this forum on Wi-Fi from my phone, but not when I’m using data (I get the “banned” screen). Just thought I’d mention this in case it’s a glitch.

I got caught by this today. Was quite relieved to get home and find I could log in and post after spending part of the afternoon wondering if I'd logged into the board while sleep-walking and got myself banned. 

13 minutes ago, dog-days said:

I got caught by this today. Was quite relieved to get home and find I could log in and post after spending part of the afternoon wondering if I'd logged into the board while sleep-walking and got myself banned. 

Next time it happens, visit Whatismyip.com and take a note of what IP address it gives you, and then send it to me via the board or [email protected] and I'll see why it's happening. Probably just falling under an old ban that I can lift or narrow.

• 3 weeks later...

The submit reply button is acting up last couple of days.

Basically saving for an eternity like the connection timed out. In the past it was refresh and repost once and it works, now it's like refresh and repost 5x. It's getting kinda annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2023 at 11:30 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

The submit reply button is acting up last couple of days.

Basically saving for an eternity like the connection timed out. In the past it was refresh and repost once and it works, now it's like refresh and repost 5x. It's getting kinda annoying.

Was there any server side update/move recently? Coz stuff is now working smoothly (again) with being able to post right after log in.

16 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Was there any server side update/move recently? Coz stuff is now working smoothly (again) with being able to post right after log in.

Not that I'm aware of. Glad that things have improved for you, however!

21 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

As I once again missed five pages of discussion because the thread I was subscribed to was locked, and a new one opened to continue the exact same topic for no discernible reason, I have to ask ...

... why wasn't this thread locked sixty pages ago?

Prophecy.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:45 PM, Ran said:

Prophecy.

"Prophecy is like a half-trained mule. It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head.[51]

Finding out that you need to exempt certain threads from the questionably justified "lock threads and start a new one after 20 pages" rule because it makes it a hassle for the moderators to stay up to date on them, is a pretty shining example of this in action.

I would also have quoted Gorghan of Old Ghis, but that wouldn't be as family friendly. Same thing applies, though.
Edited by Kyll.Ing.

• 1 month later...