Videogames: The War (for equality) Has Just Begun

Jace, Extat

Embarassed to say normal. Even more embarassed to admit how many times I lost! :blushing: Eventually, I started fighting more conservatively and beat him. He kept countering my attacks when I went on the offensive.

:dunno: I actually really enjoyed that fight for its fast pace, but I repeatedly lost the first fight with Bane so watch out for that one. :)

I like the game. I like how the title screen inter meshes Carol of the Bells with the Batman music; just fantastic for a game set on Christmas Eve. I miss Kevin Conroy though; this VA seems to be going for more of a Christian Bale tone to his voice work.

I missed him too, but I got used to it after a while.

I think the the boss fights are the highlight of the game, personally, but other than that it's very similar to City, just bigger.

Well all the Fallout New Vegas talked has gotten me to start on a new game. I beat it back when I came out (first Bethesda game since Morrowind that I played through!), but I forgot I have all the DLC now and NEVER played them.

So I am pretty excited. This game is so great. I just saved Primm and for the first time ever had enough science to put Primm Slimm in charge, which was awesome. Now I'm off to check out Novak because a sniper sees smoke. I remember what happens next, but that part of the game is just eerie when you investigate and our approached. My first play through I let the Legion walk away, but not this time. I'm going to stand against them.

I'm also playing very hard and hardcore mode which I love. Drinking from toilets in a pinch, eating squirrel kabobs. I feel like I'm surviving in the wasteland!

My first play through I let the Legion walk away, but not this time. I'm going to stand against them.

Good luck with that, particularly on hardcore when all the healing's gradual. That's a hell of a tough fight that early in the game.

About an hour into Oblivion... not really sure what I am doing. I guess I am not familiar with this open world business? I dunno. I find that I am at my carrying capacity far too easily and can't have many items, which makes me frustrated because I have no gold to buy better gear, and can't harvest enough things to sell them to make enough... gah.

You need to establish a value/weight ratio to help you decide what items are worth carrying to the next store location. On an empty pack I wont keep anything that isn't worth at least 5 times its weight unless it seems unique, quest related, or is possibly repairable. If/when you max your weight allowance just start ditching less value/weight items for the more valuable ones. And stick to the ratio! Even if you find a particular item that is worth a lot but also weighs a lot, chances are you can use the space for a number of lighter items with a more favorable value ratio.

I've stuck to this system after talking my friend Matt down from shuttling literally every single bent tin can he could find from the Super-Duper Mart back to Megaton in FO3 because, "its free money!"

Don't be my friend Matt.

You need to establish a value/weight ratio to help you decide what items are worth carrying to the next store location. On an empty pack I wont keep anything that isn't worth at least 5 times its weight unless it seems unique, quest related, or is possibly repairable. If/when you max your weight allowance just start ditching less value/weight items for the more valuable ones. And stick to the ratio! Even if you find a particular item that is worth a lot but also weighs a lot, chances are you can use the space for a number of lighter items with a more favorable value ratio.

I've stuck to this system after talking my friend Matt down from shuttling literally every single bent tin can he could find from the Super-Duper Mart back to Megaton in FO3 because, "its free money!"

Don't be my friend Matt.

Okay...and what about "ingredients?" They're harmless, but they also seem gettable anywhere? Puzzling. I am not used to the openness. Btw, the weight thing is a bit less of an issue...turns out I had leveled up a couple times, but hadn't slept in a bed, so my stats didn't improve. At least now I can carry 230, instead of 200. I still seem short on gold, so I like saving weapons/armor for sale...but they're heavy. Ratio is a good idea.

Yeah, using weight/price ratio is the way to go in Elder Scrolls game - that's definitely what I've empirically ended up using quite fast when playing Morrowind the first time, and I stick to it since then. Works quite well.

Heck, a few times, I just stored big huge weapons that did slightly more damage than what I had but were 3 times heavier.

In Morrowind, anything you dropped remained there forever. It might be slightly different in Oblivion and stuff disappears after a couple of weeks - except for the few "houses" you can acquire, where I think you can drop anything you want on the floor. Still, if I remember correctly, anything you store into a drawer or chest will remain there - though you can only drop a few hundreds items in one of those.

Ingredients are for Alchemy, and in the long run, are bulky, so since I barely used alchemy in Oblivion, I mostly stored them in a specific drawer in my best-located house.

Though if you're only a few hours into the game, you probably don't have any house, have no clue how to get one, but aren't totally overburdened by 528 ingredients either.

I absolutely loved Oblivion. It was the first game I ever played on my brand new PS3 and it just blew me away (had never played an elder scrolls game before). The only thing that I hated and had to really get used to was the way you leveled up. I played for about 30 hours before reading anything on the game and learning the leveling system. By that time I had to start over because my characters combat skills were to low for the level I was at and it was way to tough.

The other thing to learn about the open world games (Oblivion, Skyrim, fallout) is that you will most likely find yourself losing track of what you set out to accomplish. So many times I would start up Oblivion with the goal of doing this quest or that quest, then see something pop up on the map and 4 hours later realise that I haven't even started the quest I wanted to begin. Its actually my greatest enjoyment in those type of games.

Simon Steele, you're in for a treat with the DLC for New Vegas, IMO. I really enjoyed all four DLCs for the game and felt that they all added something to my overall enjoyment of the game itself.

As a matter of fact, since I started watching Jordie Jordan do a Fallout 3 LP last night and all the fallout talk here, I may end up starting a new game in 3 this weekend.

Okay...and what about "ingredients?" They're harmless, but they also seem gettable anywhere?

"Ingredients" can be found just about anywhere. Some things can be bought in just about any shop, some only in certain shops, some have to be found out in the world, or looted from dead things, or stolen from certain people. It really depends on what you're looking for.

I still seem short on gold, so I like saving weapons/armor for sale...but they're heavy. Ratio is a good idea.

Just use your discretion. If your pack is almost full after clearing out a cave or ruin go ahead and keep the bulky iron cuirass if you've got the room for it. And if you find that you're filling up on a bunch of borderline items but you've still got some dungeon to explore, you can go back towards the exit and cache a bunch of stuff in a chest or something that you can come back to later.

Is there any Last of Us DLC that is actually a new mission?? Looks like just weapon packs and stuff.

Left Behind came included with PS4 Last of Us remastered.

Is that the only one?

I'm pretty sure the only ones worth buying were including in the Remastered package. Left Behind and some MP maps packs. I think that's all.

Just finished Left Behind. It was pretty good, and I enjoyed the new combat tactic they allowed.

But what was the point of Facebook link? Where was the "cool feature?"

Was it just to publish the photo booth pictures to my wall? And, of course, that I'm playing the game. Because I really need to bother everyone with that.

There were so many missed opportunities with that. They could have put my profile picture on a newspaper or magazine cover. Maybe taken some of my other pictures and put them in the photo studio. Or take my liked bands and put them in the music store.

Not open world. You do revisit a couple of areas, but it's really just passing through to get somewhere else. Although you can go back at any time to look for salvage and collectibles that you missed, but you don't really need to aside from achievement/trophy hunting.

It's a decent length game, story could have been better. Tombs could have been better too. But the combat and set pieces make up for it. I though it was excellent. Bought it twice (PS3 and PS4) and am looking forward the sequel next year.

Well, that's nice. Wasn't thrilled with the idea of suddenly getting tasked with taking down X number of generic cult strongholds or something.

Finished the radio tower, thought it was hilarious how the ladder almost seemed to give Lara more trouble than scaling a sheer cliff face. The drawn-out fight beforehand was kind of annoying. It didn't seem like there's a way to avoid tipping the enmies off and do this stealthily like an earlier section, since Lara gets grabbed into a QTE at the start of the sequence. Though immediately after (meaning after I beat the first guy with a shield) I got the ability to use the axe in combat, which seems to have drastically reduced the difficulty at least.

Still combat is not particularly strong. Which I guess means that I don't particularly care for most of the game mechanics. The riddles aren't impressive either. Yet I am enjoying this. Weird.

Good luck with that, particularly on hardcore when all the healing's gradual. That's a hell of a tough fight that early in the game.

I blew right through it with a well placed grenade! I was going to come back and boast about it but that hike from Nipton to Novac was an absolute nightmare with Legion assassins everyone. SO HARD. I must have died a million times. I made it to Novac though and I think I better get a companion there if you know who I'm talking about.

Simon Steele, you're in for a treat with the DLC for New Vegas, IMO. I really enjoyed all four DLCs for the game and felt that they all added something to my overall enjoyment of the game itself.

As a matter of fact, since I started watching Jordie Jordan do a Fallout 3 LP last night and all the fallout talk here, I may end up starting a new game in 3 this weekend.

I'm pretty excited but my friend said I should wait until I'm a ways into the game as the DLCs are harder than hell. So I'm going to try to get to around level 25 then hit one of them. They look like really great DLCs.

I am now the proud owner of a PS3 for the first time ever. I waited for a long time to get one because, honestly, I knew I wouldn't be able to fork out however much for a one of the new consoles whenever they released. My question is- what are some of the best exclusives I should get?

I also have a 360 that I will play all my cross console games on. I'm looking specifically for exclusives. Dating all the way back to when the systems came out of you wish.

I'm a big fan of story driven games, fps', rpgs, 3rd person shooters ect.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I am now the proud owner of a PS3 for the first time ever. I waited for a long time to get one because, honestly, I knew I wouldn't be able to fork out however much for a one of the new consoles whenever they released. My question is- what are some of the best exclusives I should get?

I also have a 360 that I will play all my cross console games on. I'm looking specifically for exclusives. Dating all the way back to when the systems came out of you wish.

I'm a big fan of story driven games, fps', rpgs, 3rd person shooters ect.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Uncharted is my pick for the AAA gem of the PS3.

Archived