Football 123: Pardew Springs Eternal

Alex.

Not watching, what exactly has been our problem?

We have trouble keeping possession. The midfield isn't creating chances and the few we have created (pretty much all in the last 10-15) have been botched.

Also haven't done shit with the free kicks we have won.

And of course we gave up a goal on a Basel corner :D

Basel have honestly been average imo, We have just been shit.

edit: Yeah Polish I agree about Sterling being over used.

I've suspended all hopes and expectations for Liverpool. I'm resigned to a difficult couple of months and just hope they get their shit together for the second half of the season.

At this stage, our near miss last year looks like it will be no more sustained than the handful of other brief glimmers in the past 20 years.

I think I may have found a team to support in the CL this season in Ludogorets- qualifying epically to the group stage, barely losing to Liverpool, and only losing to Real due to a shameless dive by Ronaldo.

One win against anyone and they'll be the hipsters choice of the year. Dortmund, Atletico and Southampton, beware!

Turan puts Atleti in front. It's been a good game but sorely needed a goal.

I found Atletico vs Juventus a really crap game. Atletico defending as crazy in their home game (after a defeat in match 1) and juventus being defensive as well. Bad passing all around as well.

Basel is every year a good team so the loss of Liverpool isn't that much of a surprise. Now Arsenal played a good match, always so inconsistent that team. Welbeck put on a good performance but should've made even more out of it.

His problems at Roma have nothing to do with off the field behavior, he just hasn't played all that well.

And IMO forcing NT players to sing the anthem is totally ridiculous. If a player doesn't want to sing for whatever reason, it's his choice. Forcing everyone to sign it is just idiotic.

I have absolutely no problem with him not singing the anthem.

The troublesome part was that he said he'd sing it, even signed that he will obey the code of conduct declared by the national team manager at the time which included singing it and then didn't.

The worst part is that he didn't just come out and say: "I don't feel I should sing it or be forced to sing it because of this and that" but he tried to make bullshit excuses.

First, his father came out and said that Adem called him and said he didn't know how the anthem went. No problem with that, but he could've googled it and solved that issue in a matter of minutes.

Then, a few days later Adem started talking about how the anthem does not represent muslim people living in Serbia since God and Serbian people are mentioned in it and no word of Allah or muslims.

It just gave off such impression of a kid who allowed himself to get way in over his head and get manipulated by people who definitely didn't have his best interest in mind and decided to use him for their own political agenda and try to paint this picture of downtrodden and oppressed muslims in Serbia. It is a bit hard to sell a story of a martyred kid, suffering from the hands of evil establishment for his religion, when the kid's uncle has been a minister in every cabinet we had since year 2000 and the kid is living way better than 99.9% of his compatriots regardless of their ethnicity or religion.

I must admit that I like seeing players sing the anthem or honour it in some other way, but I don't see the point in forcing them to do that.

That was definitely MIhalovic's worst decision, and he's made quite a few in his two year tenure at the helm of our national team.

I'm not using age to defend his on field performances. Players peak at different ages and though he very well may improve, there's absolutely no guarantee that he will.

I didn't really use his age as a defence for his behavior either, or at least I didn't intend to. My point was, he's 23, has not been in any controversy in the past two years. He has been surrounded by controversy in the past, but recent evidence suggests that he has matured.

I'd love to see him turn his game and attitude around and fulfill his potential.

It's just that even though he may have matured, he still has a reputation for being an immature and lazy twat.

I seem to remember saying that Basel wouldn't be pushovers and that Liverpool had best be wary...

I seem to remember saying that Liverpool should have no problems with Ludogorets and Basel. :lol:

Suarez was only truly great against lesser premiership opponents.

I hazard to think what liverpool will do vs a chelsea or a city.

But who knows, maybe super Mario will find his scoring touch.

You don't have to hazard to think mate. We turned them over this season once already. Chelsea will no doubt do something similar.

It's looking more and more like Suarez carried us entirely. Rodgers is going to run us into the ground, having spend an obscene amount of money, and get himself sacked when we finish mid-table.

As we said in the summer during his departure, that is indeed the case. What remains now is a decent team without an x factor and without scoring ability. The team wasn't carried completely by Suarez, let's say for 70%. Then 20% Sturridge, now also absent.

Nice to see Welbeck score 3, good for him, I hope to see more of that.

It's looking more and more like Suarez carried us entirely. Rodgers is going to run us into the ground, having spend an obscene amount of money, and get himself sacked when we finish mid-table.

Suarez was definitely the ultimate star player last season.

Scoring 31 goals and setting up ~20 is a definition of a player that's impossible to replace.

He did carry the team at times, but I also think there's much that Rodgers and the rest of the team did to make that happen.

This season, Liverpool has sold him and were aware that replacing him was mission impossible and decided to go the other way and improve the squad overall.

As a result, they have increased squad depth and have improved some areas (right back, for example) but are yet to achieve the level they played at last season.

I was hoping they would continue where they left of last season but that turned out to be too optimistic for what is basically a whole new squad.

Add that Sturridge is out with an injury and it's not that realistic to expect them to carry on without a glitch.

Archived